Wags and Rams to part ways

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Wags and Rams to part ways

Postby trents » Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:31 pm

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/357 ... -part-ways

He still seems to have some gas in the tank as he was all pro again this past season. Who do you think he might wind up with? What do you think his price tag will be? Do you think he wants to continue his career or do you think he'll retire now?
trents
Legacy

Re: Wags and Rams to part ways

Postby Hawktawk » Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:20 pm

trents wrote:https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35720839/sources-all-pro-lb-bobby-wagner-rams-agree-part-ways

He still seems to have some gas in the tank as he was all pro again this past season. Who do you think he might wind up with? What do you think his price tag will be? Do you think he wants to continue his career or do you think he'll retire now?

He was released 1 year into a 5 year deal for a reason . He doesn’t come downhill anymore , doesn’t take on lead blockers , just tries to knife around people to make tackles which winds up with tackles far down the field . He still has athletecism and who knows with this silly 3-4 maybe he’s a guy you can use . My guess he wanted to go to a winner . I was listening to John Schneider on Wyman and bob and he was pretty coy , said he isn’t technically released yet so good scoop to who got it. He said all the right things about Bobby as he should . Who knows
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:09 am

Talking to a Front Office executive about a player isn't going to result in any comment about wanting or not wanting a player that is currently under contract or can result in the loss of a draft pick.
Who knows if they see something in him that we can use. With Brooks dealing with an ACL injury we may be desperate for LB bodies for a year before TC starts.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:08 am

NorthHawk wrote:Talking to a Front Office executive about a player isn't going to result in any comment about wanting or not wanting a player that is currently under contract or can result in the loss of a draft pick.
Who knows if they see something in him that we can use. With Brooks dealing with an ACL injury we may be desperate for LB bodies for a year before TC starts.

Schneider made plain that it would be tampering to comment on signing Wagner . Great point about the lack of bodies . Maybe use Wags situationally , rush now and then , he’s really quite good at it . Good in coverage or used to be . He’s loved and respected . Maybe he can play some mike in this 4-3. No opposition to signing him from me.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:33 pm

I heard we might bring Wags back if we can do it cheap.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:49 pm

He left us because we wanted to "do it cheap" and he didn't. I don't see it happening this year, even though he would probably be an upgrade for the first 1/2 a year and save us a draft pick on a inside backer.
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:21 am

jshawaii22 wrote:He left us because we wanted to "do it cheap" and he didn't. I don't see it happening this year, even though he would probably be an upgrade for the first 1/2 a year and save us a draft pick on a inside backer.

I doubt that whether or not we sign him determines who we draft. If there's a linebacker out there that we really like, I want to draft him regardless of Bobby's status. It's a weak link in our defense.

Although we don't know how good of a mentor he is, bringing him back might help some of our younger players. It would also be nice to see him retire as a Hawk. He's by far the best linebacker we've had in franchise history and a first ballot HOF'er.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:11 am

I used to thing he could help inside, but I think his time here has passed. If we are going to complete the changes to this Defense then we have to get new personnel.
Sure Wagner could provide some veteran leadership, but it would come at the cost of a younger player either not being on the roster or not getting playing time.
This draft should be a continuation of last years draft and select players that can fit into the future all across the board including Inside LB.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum