The Excuse Thread

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Re: The Excuse Thread

Postby HumanCockroach » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:37 pm

There's always a "first time"... Same as every other franchise that's done it. You can't say in one sentence its "the key" and in the next say " I believe they could do it"... They don't coincide. In the last four seasons I've learned one extremely important lesson about this team. Never write them off or underestimate them. I will not do it, you're welcome to, I just won't.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:07 am

HumanCockroach wrote:There's always a "first time"... Same as every other franchise that's done it. You can't say in one sentence its "the key" and in the next say " I believe they could do it"... They don't coincide. In the last four seasons I've learned one extremely important lesson about this team. Never write them off or underestimate them. I will not do it, you're welcome to, I just won't.

Saying something is 'key' doesn't mean that it has to happen in order for a certain event to occur. Getting the first hitter in an inning on base is key to scoring as it increases your chances of scoring a run to 50% whereas it's only 25% if that batter doesn't reach base (just an example, don't hold me to the odds). It's no different than when the talking heads talk about the keys to the game. If they say that protecting Russell Wilson is one of the keys to the game, they're not saying that if we don't that we'll lose.

As far as 'writing us off' goes, neither myself or anyone else in this forum has suggested anything like that. To the contrary, I mentioned that Carolina and Arizona losing their openers really helped make our loss to the Rams a lot easier as it makes it much less likely that either of those teams are going to run away with HFA/first round bye like they did last season.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:59 pm

I completely agree that this Hawks team is a different animal and can indeed win the tournament from any slot if they get in.

But lets get real. A loss tomorrow would make them 0-2 in the division and conference after facing the 2 weakest teams in the division.And Im tired of hearing "well the Rams play us tough all the time" its time to change that mentality.Ill give Holmgrens Hawks some credit. They solved the Rams in the first game of the 05 season and beat them 13 straight.
The Hawks cannot keep digging holes every year and expect to back in as a WC. There are more quality teams in the conference than in a few years.

I will be super irritated if they lay an egg on my birthday.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:19 am

With this team I simply don't fear any team, on any field, any week. That doesn't mean that there isn't an easier path, or can't be beat. It merely means, I don't doubt them..... Ever.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Previous

Return to Seahawks Forum