Rawls is named Starter for Rams Game

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Rawls is named Starter for Rams Game

Postby savvyman » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:27 pm

While Russell is full go for the game.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/341512/Thomas-Rawls-named-Seahawks'-Week-2-starter

NFL blew it - this should have been a Sunday night prime time game - Two physical teams with a heated history with each other- 1st game in LA in many years - somebody was asleep in the scheduling department.
savvyman
Legacy

Re: Rawls is named Starter for Rams Game

Postby RiverDog » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:07 pm

Yea, I heard Pete say this morning something to the effect that he wasn't worried in the least about Russell's ankle, that he's running full speed on it. No offense, but even if Russell was obviously limited, Pete's still going to give every indication that he's 100% just so he doesn't tip off the Rams.

Good news about Rawls. We really need to get our running game going and take some pressure off of Russell.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:16 pm

Fully expected Rawls to start unless he didn't check out physically after the game.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby politicalfootball » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:18 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:Fully expected Rawls to start unless he didn't check out physically after the game.

Christine Micheals was the starter in the Dolfins game and he did just fine. Maybe he will get some reps along with Rawls starting. They sure are fun to watch, huh ? :) :) :) :) :) :)

LA can't pay what the Seahawks will be charging this Sunday. LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
politicalfootball
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:55 pm

Pete also said in his news conference that Russell wouldn't be at 100% and that's OK... because it's Russell. Bevell said they wouldn't change the game plan at all.
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:10 pm

jshawaii22 wrote:Pete also said in his news conference that Russell wouldn't be at 100% and that's OK... because it's Russell. Bevell said they wouldn't change the game plan at all.

That doesn't make sense. Our quarterback, the most versatile player on our team, is limited and we're not changing our game plan? I bet the Rams change their game plan on how they defend Russell. I doubt that you'll see a spy.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:27 pm

The 4th qtr showed that the OLIne might be working best when Russell doesn't move around much. At least they know exactly where Russell is.
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:21 am

jshawaii22 wrote:The 4th qtr showed that the OLIne might be working best when Russell doesn't move around much. At least they know exactly where Russell is.

Yea, I think HC pointed that out in the Russell injury thread, and I agree that it could be a blessing in disguise. We debated that quite a bit last season when Russell was getting sacked so often, ie how many were caused by his breaking the pocket or not trusting his OL. There's nothing more frustrating for an offensive lineman than to think that you have your man under control then the quarterback changes direction and allows your opponent to make the sack.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:44 am

On the other side of the coin the Defenses know where to meet at the QB when he doesn't move around.
As long as he's still mobile enough to slide right or left and get the ball off quickly he should be OK, but it might take away from him outrunning DL or LB that he might otherwise be able to do. From that perspective it might hurt the Offense if you take away the threat of him running for a bunch of yards.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Rambo2014 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:45 pm

Yeah I know we squatted and laid a stinker at Levi. But Chips got em playin up there and they will be the Hawks

But Rams are mad now and history is on our side so is the weather.

90 degrees in LA Sunday = 105 on the turf

How do u say wilt?
Rambo2014
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:03 pm

Rambo2014 wrote:Yeah I know we squatted and laid a stinker at Levi. But Chips got em playin up there and they will be the Hawks

How do u say wilt?

Wipe the slobber off before you speak, Goober.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:38 pm

Rambo2014 wrote:Yeah I know we squatted and laid a stinker at Levi. But Chips got em playin up there and they will be the Hawks

How do u say wilt?

I guess it says something about someone's team when they cite "history" as some sort of boast despite being 6 games UNDER .500 all time, and 5-10 in the last 15 years...

( basically it means your team has ALWAYS sucked, sucks now, and it seems it will always suck... Congrats on your handful of lucky wins, beyond that? Who cares).
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:29 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:I guess it says something about someone's team when they cite "history" as some sort of boast despite being 6 games UNDER .500 all time, and 5-10 in the last 15 years...

( basically it means your team has ALWAYS sucked, sucks now, and it seems it will always suck... Congrats on your handful of lucky wins, beyond that? Who cares).

Yea, like Niners or Cowboys fans that are constantly wanting to talk about Lombardi's from 20+ years ago. It helps deflect attention away from the current state of their franchises. If you are embarrassed or humiliated about something, just change the frame of reference and it saves you from having to face up to the reality of your current situation. It's what psychologists refer to as an ego defense mechanism.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:50 pm

I think Pete is going to alternate between the two. Next week he will probably start CM. It is good to note though, Rawls is really BACK!
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:02 am

I think Rawls will be the starter barring injury or underperformance. Duh, right? W/ a decent dose of C-Mike and a lil Prosise sprinkled in. It's a tough few week start, but I think our run game will be top 3 by the end of the year.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby monkey » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:50 pm

I don't often draft Seahawks players in fantasy, but the value of Rawls this year was too much to pass on. (I got Lockett late too FTR :D ) . I would bet just about anything that by season's end, Rawls will be top 5 rusher in every meaningful statistical category.
Michael is fine, and as a backup, is an awfully nice insurance policy now that he's apparently wised up, but he's not Rawls.
Rawls is a tone setter. Rawls is the back who actually CAN take over for Beast Mode, and not be a disappointment by comparison.
Rawls, has a very real chance at being the next truly GREAT Seahawks RB.
monkey
Legacy

Postby politicalfootball » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:55 pm

I like Rawls but he was not the answer against the Rams. We will survive without the win there will be a lot of those this season.

I still predict a record of ,12 -4.
politicalfootball
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:03 pm

All I know is Rawls has an average yards per carry of around a yard per carry, Micheal ( someone you insisted Monkey was definitely going to be cut, heck you were stringently against trading for Lynch as well) has a 5 yard per carry average.

Rawls today ran the ball 7 times for - 7 yards, Micheal 10 times for 60...

Rawls may be missing his timing at this point, I'm not entirely sure, but if he was setting a tone today it wasn't a positive one.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:14 pm

politicalfootball wrote:I like Rawls but he was not the answer against the Rams. We will survive without the win there will be a lot of those this season.

I still predict a record of ,12 -4.

That's looking pretty optimistic to me now. What game are going to win that we had as a loss to make up for this game?
CM needs to learn how to hang on to the ball.
obiken
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:25 pm

I'm wondering if CM just got himself cut the instant Rawls is fully healthy- a game-killing reversion to something that got you cut in the past won't sit well, I'm betting.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:27 pm

obiken wrote:What game are going to win that we had as a loss to make up for this game?

When you come out and lay an egg against the freaking Rams, after listening to the entire planet say "LOL BET THEY GET BEAT BY THE RAMS!" all week, who the hell can anyone feel confident we're going to beat period?
burrrton
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:33 pm

burrrton wrote:I'm wondering if CM just got himself cut the instant Rawls is fully healthy- a game-killing reversion to something that got you cut in the past won't sit well, I'm betting.

Burry I was wondering the same thing! You just had the guts to say it.
obiken
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:38 pm

Burry I was wondering the same thing! You just had the guts to say it.

I am not panicking Burry but I agree, there was a lot of arrogance on this site, PFB being just one. Better bring a new plan because Navarro Bowman is looking for revenge for when the Hawk fans cheered his injury. We lose to the NIners then what???
obiken
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:58 am

If we lose to the Niners, then the boys play game to game to game and make their way into the playoffs...just like we have been doing after crappy starts. That's what. Anyone who thought we would kick the Ram's ass hasn't been paying attention.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby obiken » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:24 am

Hawk Sista wrote:If we lose to the Niners, then the boys play game to game to game and make their way into the playoffs...just like we have been doing after crappy starts. That's what. Anyone who thought we would kick the Ram's ass hasn't been paying attention.

isn't that the truth!!
obiken
Legacy

Postby I-5 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:09 am

Does anyone know who is starting at RB vs the Niners? I didn't get to watch the Rams game, but it sounds like CMike was running well until his late game fumble (which is an issue). I stand by prediction that CMike will have the bigger year.
I-5
Legacy

Postby depaashaas » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:05 am

Well looks like Micheal will be starter for the next month as Rawls has hairline fracture in his fibula

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... g-fracture
depaashaas
Legacy

Postby obiken » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:11 am

Great, the hits just keep on coming.
obiken
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:39 pm

Everything happens for a reason.
Its C Mikes time now. He will be ready.