Official Seahawks vs Patriots POST Game Thread

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Official Seahawks vs Patriots POST Game Thread

Postby savvyman » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:44 pm

What a great team effort and victory by the real deal of a team. Congrats to all players and staff for best game of the year. Tonight a new weapon has emerged ---------> CJ Prosise.
savvyman
Legacy

Re: Official Seahawks vs Patriots POST Game Thread

Postby Hawkstar » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:01 pm

What a game! Super stoked with the win!

I'm struggling with our inability to get 88 involved outside of broken plays - the targets to Kearse early felt like we were outsmarting ourselves. Someone has to be open if they lock down 88.
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:25 pm

Hawkstar wrote:What a game! Super stoked with the win!

I'm struggling with our inability to get 88 involved outside of broken plays - the targets to Kearse early felt like we were outsmarting ourselves. Someone has to be open if they lock down 88.

Remember that we're not playing Desert Hills Middle School, and the opposing coach can scheme certain players/plays out of your playbook...
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:46 pm

6-2-1.

Only a deuce in the loss column still, which looms large as we hold a nice lead on AZ after 9 games.

The Cards win but do not look too sharp doing it.

Minny falls in DC, and the Packers, IMO, have some issues behind the scenes that are carrying over to the field. They don't look right, and their D is downright awful at the moment. Tennessee put a good whipping on them today.

The Cowboys...hey, 8-1 is no joke and that was a solid win in Pitt. I think our playoff experience helps Tons down the road, but we'll deal with that later.

Go Hawks!!!
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:59 am

I was really counting on the Cowboys losing that one at Shitsburg. It would have put us a half game back of them in the loss column. That tie of ours could have ended up being either a curse or a blessing. One thing, though, it renders moot the tiebreakers for us.

What may become moot is the Michael's Brain Fart thread. Prosise looked great. If Rawls can come back strong, then I can see Rawls as the starter, Prosie a change up/3rd down back, and Michael hitting the bricks.

Russell looks healthy. He didn't run for a lot, but he did get out of the pocket like he hasn't all season. Someone mentioned a while back that when Russell successfully executes one of his spin moves, then we know that he's healthy. He executed several last night.

Curious decision to go for two on our last TD. I see what Pete was trying to do, but I still like giving the game over to our defense with an 8 point lead. Of course, kicking an XP/short FG has been an adventure this season, so I didn't get too bent out of joint.

I'm heading to Las Vegas this Friday. With this win, I can put on my Seahawks game jersey and strut around up and down the strip touching my elbows behind my back!
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Vegaseahawk » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:12 am

This was one of the best Seahawk games I've seen in a long long time. The lead changed hands 7 times! Great SB revenge. To see Kam back in action was a pleasant suprise as well. This team played with passion last night. It was so sweet to defeat the Patriots in their house!

I'm heading to Las Vegas this Friday. With this win, I can put on my Seahawks game jersey and strut around up and down the strip touching my elbows behind my back!

RD, hit me up when you come to town. Maybe we can have a beer. I sometimes work up on the strip at one hotel or another.
Vegaseahawk
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:14 am

These two teams have played some great games of late. It seems they bring out the best in each other.
No wonder the ratings were up this week. With the Election over, no better way to get back on track with more than one exciting finish.

I like the way the OL has progressed. I hope this is the start of some consistent play but we have to see a few good games where both the run and pass games are well blocked.
Consistency is key.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby MackStrongIsMyHero » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:39 pm

It was nice to see the T.O.P. balanced for once; it was a step in the right direction.

And right on, Northhawk. 7 games left against middle-of-the-pack teams; should be a good opportunity for the o-line to continue to develop and hopefully find the running game again.
MackStrongIsMyHero
Legacy

Postby Oly » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:05 pm

MackStrongIsMyHero wrote:It was nice to see the T.O.P. balanced for once; it was a step in the right direction.

My dominant thought through most of the game was how happy the defense must feel that the O was finally sustaining drives. I was seriously shocked the first drive didn't end in a 3-and-out; I had just come to expect that lately. Let's hope they can keep it up, because the Pats don't exactly have the most elite front 7 the offense will face.
Oly
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:34 pm

Vegaseahawk wrote:This was one of the best Seahawk games I've seen in a long long time. The lead changed hands 7 times! Great SB revenge. To see Kam back in action was a pleasant suprise as well. This team played with passion last night. It was so sweet to defeat the Patriots in their house!

RD, hit me up when you come to town. Maybe we can have a beer. I sometimes work up on the strip at one hotel or another.

Agreed. This is the first game this season that the Hawks put out what I consider to be a performance worthy of a SB contender, actually not since the Arizona game down there last season have we played like a champ.

Indeed, I'll hit up. I'll send you a PM with my itinerary and contact number.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:23 pm

Love doesn't the finish. Loved the game. What a game. Can't wait for Mike B to suit back up.

#88 impacted this game more than the stats show. #DoubleTeam #TDADB
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby FolkCrusader » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:29 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:
#88 impacted this game more than the stats show. #DoubleTeam #TDADB

Agreed. BB loves to take a player that is hot like Jimmy away. That's how you see angry Doug single covered by the #2 corner in the end zone.
FolkCrusader
Legacy

Postby MackStrongIsMyHero » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:49 pm

Damn, Earl Thomas. Ouch!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf ... /93821980/

Not reveling in an injury, but that's making a guy pay for going over the middle.
MackStrongIsMyHero
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:47 pm

c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Hawkstar » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:41 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOVNUAFLW5E

Giving up 60lbs and laying Gronk out! The rest of the AFC should send thank you notes.
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby Jjones84 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:08 am

MackStrongIsMyHero wrote:Damn, Earl Thomas. Ouch!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf ... /93821980/

Not reveling in an injury, but that's making a guy pay for going over the middle.

Made that big bastard actually scared. What a hit. I do hope gronk is ok though. Hard for me to dislike that goofy bastard, lol. Talk about a guy that owns life.
Jjones84
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum