OT: Prevent ... in the doghouse

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

OT: Prevent ... in the doghouse

Postby SalmonBB » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:21 pm

I'm in the doghouse. Was watching the VT Hokies (my wife is a Hokie) play Notre Dame. Notre Dame has a 4th and 5, backed up to their 10 yard line, with 1:30 to go, trailing by 3 points. What does the VT defensive genius, Bud Fox, do? You guessed it ... prevent D ... handing Notre Dame the 1st Down.

Now Bud Fox is regarded only slightly less than the most-high and recently retired Frank Beamer. Many might argue that he has been the real reason behind any success the Hokies have had over the past 10 or so years.

So what did I do, as he put his D into prevent? Here's the verbatim transcript: "Your defensive coach is about to lose the game! HE NEEDS TO BE FIRED!!! PREVENT DEFENSE ONLY DOES ONE THING ... IT PREVENTS YOU FROM WINNING! FIRE THAT A------!!!" Her response: "GET OUT!" I apologized later (which made me feel weird, because I feel like I'm forgiving Prevent D, which I absolutely think is the most stupid thing ever ... unless, of course, there's 5 seconds left and you are ahead by 10 scores). So now the "prevent" has transposed itself from Indiana, through the television, and into my house ... where its power to prevent winning is proving rather potent and personal.

Not sure how long I'll be out for. Fortunately, VT won. So now I'm not even vindicated ... but I'm glad they won.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
SalmonBB
Legacy

Re: OT: Prevent ... in the doghouse

Postby savvyman » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:23 am

Yes the Prevent Defense is the worst coaching mistake made across several sports. Its so bad that it looks like it will be preventing you from the bedroom for quite awhile?

Here - show your wife this effing article and see if it helps?

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2016/11/17/is-cursing-bad-or-good-for-you/

>>>>The professor of Cognitive Science at UC San Diego said cursing could be linked to higher intelligence.

“It turns out that on average, the ones who swear the most also have the biggest vocabulary overall,” Bergen added.<<<<<<<
savvyman
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum