seahawks sign 6 time Pro Bowler Jahri Evans!

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Re: seahawks sign 6 time Pro Bowler Jahri Evans!

Postby HumanCockroach » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:30 pm

Webb now second string LT behind Sowell.... Slid behind Sowell, Gilliam, Ifedi ( not surprising. Injured, unproductive when not Injured, and someone Cable has called out for not working during the off season).

Line as of now according to Carroll... LT Sowell LG Glowinski C Britt RG Ifedi RT Gilliam..
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby MackStrongIsMyHero » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:49 pm

politicalfootball wrote:Wow thanks BOB this is my kind of thread I was very concerned about our OL and in the offseason would have given them a grade of C but now we look closer to a B and that is before they gel together. Don't worry about a B grade we are probably going to get deeper and better all along the OL. Now we need help on the DL losing Williams hurt.

Williams? Jesse Williams? Can't say that's a big loss. Mebane was the biggest concern, and he was replaced with Rubin. Tony McDaniel is also back in the fold and they drafted Reed. I don't think the DL is much of a concern.

As for Webb, the Seahawks obviously have no problems moving on with out him. I wouldn't considering him safe, and I'll be the Seahawks won't have a problem releasing him if they see any camp cuts they like. We will see.
MackStrongIsMyHero
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:01 pm

Isn't that Hill ( Williams the "monsta") was cut wasn't he?
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:30 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:Isn't that Hill ( Williams the "monsta") was cut wasn't he?

Yep.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:56 pm

Thanks, thought I was losing it....
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:47 pm

I guess Jahri just doesn't have it anymore. Must be an eye opener for him, I know it is for me.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:06 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:I guess Jahri just doesn't have it anymore. Must be an eye opener for him, I know it is for me.

Same here- I kinda just assumed (well, until the last few days when it was obvious he was unlikely to survive the cuts) a vet o-lineman who was a recent PB'er would be a lock on such a young line.

Optimist in me says it's because our young guys have been so strong.

We'll see...
burrrton
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:30 pm

I'm sure he didn't come here to be a backup and change positions. Probably asked to be released.

js
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:10 am

c_hawkbob wrote:I guess Jahri just doesn't have it anymore. Must be an eye opener for him, I know it is for me.

Not to rub it in, because you have been right Waaaay more than me, but I just never saw the Saints parting ways with him without a reason. Our great line experiment will either work really well or it will be a disaster Bob, I don't think this as a team that is destined for 8-8. I think IF our RB's can hit the hole fast then will be ok.
obiken
Legacy

Postby monkey » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:15 am

obiken wrote:I think IF our RB's can hit the hole fast then will be ok.

A continuation of the quick passing game from last season, plus the quick(er than Lynch was * **) to the hole Thomas Rawls, CJ Procise and who knows, maybe even Troymaine Pope(?) should have this offense rolling just like it did halfway through last year.

* Speed to and through the hole is the reason I am not even slightly worried about losing Lynch. In fact, I think Rawls and company will end up putting up essentially the same exact numbers that Lynch did as the feature back.
**Speed to and through the hole may be the reason why we end up keeping Pope instead of Collins, who runs more like Lynch did. Our line seems to perform better for backs who hit the hole quick, which is a big part of why Rawls looked so darned good last year in a small sample.
monkey
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:59 am

Evans refused a pay cut, that's the reason he was released, not some obscene diminished skill.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:07 pm

Thank God. The guy stunk, from day one. Should have never made the team out of training camp.

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2016/11/22 ... arcus-webb
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Hawkstar » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:09 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:Thank God. The guy stunk, from day one. Should have never made the team out of training camp.

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2016/11/22 ... arcus-webb

I didnt realize he didnt suit up against the Eagles. Nice to see the younger guys stepping up!
Hawkstar
Legacy

Previous

Return to Seahawks Forum