Percy Harvin Un-retires, Signs with Bills

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Percy Harvin Un-retires, Signs with Bills

Postby RiverDog » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:37 pm

Please suit up Monday night so I can boo your ass!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... with-bills
RiverDog
Legacy

Re: Percy Harvin Un-retires, Signs with Bills

Postby Jjones84 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:31 am

He will be on IR by the end of the year.
Jjones84
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:40 am

Possibly by the end of the game..... Mr. Glass has injury issues.... Kind of like Brock Huardible...
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:25 pm

It makes zero sense for Buffalo to bring this guy aboard.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby Distant Relative » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:45 pm

Is he even Healthy? Seems like a reach to me but guess we will see.
Distant Relative
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:06 pm

It would be oh so Percy to run one back for a TD and then pull a hammy and be out for 4 weeks.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:27 pm

Perch ain't done nothin so far, as usual.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:39 am

Well he WAS named a captain by Mr Class Ryan for the game....
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:13 pm

Aaaaaaaaaand it's over... Not surprised to see he missed the last two weeks either....

http://sea.247sports.com/Bolt/Percy-Har ... n-49574524
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Hawkstar » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:13 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:Aaaaaaaaaand it's over... Not surprised to see he missed the last two weeks either....

http://sea.247sports.com/Bolt/Percy-Har ... n-49574524

I wonder if he suffers from migraines during the offseason or when he was retired? Seems like his body has rejected any plans for him to play in the NFL. Best of luck to whatever lies ahead.
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:52 pm

I have a friend who started getting migrains about 20 years ago. Doctor said it was 'stress' .. She's tried everything. Very little helps her. The most expensive pill works ($75 each!!!) and is also the most debilitating and she literally lays in bed with all the lights and shades drawn for 12-24 hours. Once the pill has done it's thing, she can go a week or more between treatments. This has got to suck, so don't take anything away from Percy's issues. As long as he's not faking (hard to fake when most treatment includes hospital stays in the beginning) then he should retire ASAP.
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:42 am

jshawaii22 wrote:I have a friend who started getting migrains about 20 years ago. Doctor said it was 'stress' .. She's tried everything. Very little helps her. The most expensive pill works ($75 each!!!) and is also the most debilitating and she literally lays in bed with all the lights and shades drawn for 12-24 hours. Once the pill has done it's thing, she can go a week or more between treatments. This has got to suck, so don't take anything away from Percy's issues. As long as he's not faking (hard to fake when most treatment includes hospital stays in the beginning) then he should retire ASAP.

Harvin's problems were in his head alright, but they had little to do with his migraines. The guy was the antithesis of a team player. He would not put out unless it was on his terms and his terms only. If you trace his career back to high school, the red flags were plainly visible at every stop. He was a selfish first class jerk that milked the big money contract we gave him for all it was worth until Pete finally called his bluff. It was the worst trade this team has ever made, and I was shocked at how many otherwise intelligent fans made excuses for him and clung to the deal thinking it was our saving grace right up to the day we announced that we'd traded him to the Jets...and then after we sent him packing and all the dirt began to surface, many of these same fans acted like they didn't like him or the trade from the get go.

Sorry for the rant, but I promise that it will be my last one about Percy Harvin. Let's bury this subject next to the Tebow threads and the Johnny Football threads.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:10 am

I liked the trade, still like the premise of the trade, and would encourage another trade of a late first round pick for a league MVP candidate. I'll never ever apologize for it. I also liked the trade for Branch, when it occurred. You're simply not going to draft an immediate impact player at receiver in the late first round 98℅ of the time.

That's simply the truth. They both had varying degrees of failure in Seattle, but the reasoning for both trades were sound ( as was the trade for Graham, Lynch etc) Harvin was an abject failure, the trade didn't work in the least, that doesn't change the premise of the trade being sound.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:03 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:I liked the trade, still like the premise of the trade, and would encourage another trade of a late first round pick for a league MVP candidate. I'll never ever apologize for it. I also liked the trade for Branch, when it occurred. You're simply not going to draft an immediate impact player at receiver in the late first round 98℅ of the time.

That's simply the truth. They both had varying degrees of failure in Seattle, but the reasoning for both trades were sound ( as was the trade for Graham, Lynch etc) Harvin was an abject failure, the trade didn't work in the least, that doesn't change the premise of the trade being sound.

Sorry, HC, I'm not taking the bait. I have nothing further to say about Percy Harvin.
RiverDog
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum