Marshawn's Run from the Sideline.

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Marshawn's Run from the Sideline.

Postby obiken » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:40 am

Can you believe it? 2 game suspension, minimal.
obiken
Legacy

Re: Marshawn's Run from the Sideline.

Postby RiverDog » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:29 am

Although I admire Lynch and the entire Oakland team for sticking up for their quarterback, the league has to come down hard on Lynch. Not only did he run in from the sidelines (which in the NBA earns an even stiffer penalty if players come off the bench and get into a fight), he grabbed an official by his shirt. Goodell has to take a very strong stance. If he can suspend Zeke Elliott four games over something that they couldn't even prove, he has to be at least as tough on Lynch. If he doesn't, he's going to hear it from the referees themselves.

I say that Lynch gets a 4 game suspension.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:30 am

Maybe he feels emboldened. Maybe he wasn't getting enough playing time and wants to be suspended. Goodell is in a box right now and will try to reestablish his authority by going real tough. Either way, he may be done for the season.

One less person sitting during the anthem.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:23 am

Reports are saying he ran onto the field to protect Marcus Peters who he is a mentor to.
Peters lived with him in Seattle and they are said to be as close as brothers.

I expect a couple of games suspension as well as fines, too.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:17 pm

Dumb move by Beast, but big win helps cushion whatever penalty he gets. Had they lost...lol, oh man.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:23 pm

RiverDog wrote:Although I admire Lynch and the entire Oakland team for sticking up for their quarterback, the league has to come down hard on Lynch. Not only did he run in from the sidelines (which in the NBA earns an even stiffer penalty if players come off the bench and get into a fight), he grabbed an official by his shirt. Goodell has to take a very strong stance. If he can suspend Zeke Elliott four games over something that they couldn't even prove, he has to be at least as tough on Lynch. If he doesn't, he's going to hear it from the referees themselves.

I say that Lynch gets a 4 game suspension.

That's the funny part, he wasn't trying to protect his QB at all. He was trying to protect one of the Chiefs.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:20 pm

He was trying to protect his cousin, laundry be damned.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby obiken » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:28 pm

idhawkman wrote:Maybe he feels emboldened. Maybe he wasn't getting enough playing time and wants to be suspended. Goodell is in a box right now and will try to reestablish his authority by going real tough. Either way, he may be done for the season.

One less person sitting during the anthem.

They ID hawk they dont turn their backs and pull their pants down.
obiken
Legacy

Postby obiken » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:25 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:He was trying to protect his cousin, laundry be damned.

NO C-bob, he ran from the sidelines and grabbed a ref, got only a one game suspension, and is appealing that!! The rules don't apply to him.
obiken
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:37 pm

He gets a 1 game suspension which he's said to be appealing.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:04 am

Yea, I'm not buying that one. It's not like his cousin was in eminent danger, it was simply a scrum that happens all the time in practices as well as games, and Beast was not involved in the play so there wasn't the adrenaline rush that propels us humans to act irrationally at times. There's no excuse for his behavior.

I was surprised that it was only a one game suspension. I guess that's what I get for trying to guess about what Goodell's reaction might be.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:09 am

obiken wrote:NO C-bob, he ran from the sidelines and grabbed a ref, got only a one game suspension, and is appealing that!! The rules don't apply to him.

Whatever Obi, nothing you said has anything to do with why he left the bench, which was all that I commented on.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:17 am

And dog, it whether you "buy it" or not is not relevant either, virtually everyone that knows Marshawn tweeted in real time that that was why he left the bench.

I don't think he should have left the bench either, and I'm surprised it was only a one game suspension as well but whether or not and the punishment for are not what I commented on, I only commented on his motivation. You guys are disagreeing with me for things I didn't say.

"2+2 is not 4 because; yellow"
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:29 am

obiken wrote:
NO C-bob, he ran from the sidelines and grabbed a ref, got only a one game suspension, and is appealing that!! The rules don't apply to him.

Well I guess as you pointed out, he didn't pull the refs pants down. That must count for something.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:32 am

"2+2 is not 4 because; you didn't turn your back and pull your pants down"

I fixed it . :lol

Edited for CBob
Last edited by idhawkman on Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:55 am

Well I guess as you pointed out, he didn't pull the refs pants down. That must count for something.

That's not the issue, you should never put your hands on a Ref!
obiken
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:14 am

obiken wrote:
That's not the issue, you should never put your hands on a Ref!

Ok. And you "should" never sit or kneel for the anthem.

see, what should or shouldn't be done doesn't matter. What is or isn't done is what matters.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:53 am

c_hawkbob wrote:And dog, it whether you "buy it" or not is not relevant either, virtually everyone that knows Marshawn tweeted in real time that that was why he left the bench.

And because he tweeted it in real time makes it true? Sorry, but I have to raise my eyebrows in doubt. That's a "the dog ate my homework" excuse if I've ever heard one. He'd have to do a lot more 'splain'in if he were trying to justify his actions to me.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:38 am

RiverDog wrote:And because he tweeted it in real time makes it true? Sorry, but I have to raise my eyebrows in doubt. That's a "the dog ate my homework" excuse if I've ever heard one. He'd have to do a lot more 'splain'in if he were trying to justify his actions to me.

Marshawn didn't tweet it. The people that knew him like Sherman tweeted it. From what the news sources say, it's either his cousin or an extremely close friend he is protective of. Marshawn doesn't tweet much as far as I know and certainly not while on the sidelines.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:39 pm

Last edited by c_hawkbob on Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:39 pm

apologies Bob.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:21 pm

Aseahawkfan wrote:Marshawn didn't tweet it. The people that knew him like Sherman tweeted it. From what the news sources say, it's either his cousin or an extremely close friend he is protective of. Marshawn doesn't tweet much as far as I know and certainly not while on the sidelines.

Well, if that's the reason, then IMO it's a pretty irrational reaction to go running off the bench when all that's going on is a bunch of pushing and shoving. Those were grown adults, extremely capable of defending themselves, not a bunch of young juveniles that needed protection. If a fist fight broke out or helmets started flying off, then I could see it. I still have a hard time believing that's why he took off like that, but regardless of his reasoning for coming off the bench, there was ZERO justification for grabbing the ref.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:50 pm

idhawkman wrote:apologies Bob.

No worries man, just a thing I dot about being quoted. We're good.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:26 am

RiverDog wrote:Well, if that's the reason, then IMO it's a pretty irrational reaction to go running off the bench when all that's going on is a bunch of pushing and shoving. Those were grown adults, extremely capable of defending themselves, not a bunch of young juveniles that needed protection. If a fist fight broke out or helmets started flying off, then I could see it. I still have a hard time believing that's why he took off like that, but regardless of his reasoning for coming off the bench, there was ZERO justification for grabbing the ref.

Marshawn and rational to Riverdog. Hmm. I don't think that's going to ever be the way Marshawn thinks. He's one of those guys that truly marches to the beat of his own drum as the saying goes.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:29 am

Aseahawkfan wrote:Marshawn and rational to Riverdog. Hmm. I don't think that's going to ever be the way Marshawn thinks. He's one of those guys that truly marches to the beat of his own drum as the saying goes.

It's not necessarily a complement to note that someone marches to the tune of a different drummer. You could say that same thing about a lot of very despicable individuals.

I've stopped trying to figure out Beast a long time ago. He's not a rational person and his behavior last Thursday night did not surprise me one little bit. But I'll still call it out when I see it.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:16 am

Marshawn being Marshawn.
Whether it's running onto the field to help a friend on the other team or grabbing his crotch when jumping across the goal line, it's like ET said (possibly paraphrasing, but I think it's an accurate quote) " He just do what he do".
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:17 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:
No worries man, just a thing I dot about being quoted. We're good.

Yeah, I knew that about you all the way back to the PI forum but forgot it was you I was quoting on that. I usually keep that in mind but totally spaced it on that post. Thanks for the slap upside the head to wake me up... :)
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:31 pm

A "Gibbs slap".
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum