Pete Carroll's Message...

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Re: Pete Carroll's Message...

Postby NorthHawk » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:39 am

OK, you're pissed because they let Sherman go.
There's a time when every player will be let go if they don't go on their own accord and with Sherman's injury, his salary, and the Cap in it's then situation something had to be done and the risk/reward for keeping Sherman was too imbalanced to keep him on the roster. It's football and choices have to be made.

Regarding Pete, he's a Defensive coach and like Holmgren before him, he knows one side of the ball much better than the other. That's what's really going on here with the OL and Offense in general. Every coach has their flaws. Some can still win with them and others can't. It was time with this team to tear down the Defense and start anew. Today's Salary Cap rules demanded that big changes be made, and they are doing just that.

It's difficult to lose players who got us to the top of the mountain, and most of us will mourn their loss to some degree but now it the time to look forward to another fun time rebuilding a championship team.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:57 am

Hey 4 ever. You are blowing gaskets. Pete is the coach, PERIOD and he's going nowhere soon. Pete changed almost the entire coaching staff. What else could we ask for?. Sherman is gone and for all good reasons.

As I said before, go be an SF fan, you are the kind of fan we are all embarrassed to say are Hawk fans. SHUT UP.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:35 pm

Wow, S4E, what a rant. But you'd better lock all the upstairs windows.

There's a lot of things I don't like about Pete Carroll. I think that he's a bit naive, that his ego lets him believe that he can tame a shrew (Percy Harvin), goes way overboard on his superlatives, and I don't care much for his hands off, let the inmates run the asylum management style.

But he is unarguably one of the best defensive minds in the game today. I'll almost never object to a decision he makes related to the defense. If he decided that it was best for the team to let Richard Sherman go, then that's what I believe, too. As far as his status as head coach goes, after this season I was damn near frustrated enough at this team's malaise that I was close to advocating that we fire him. But the fact that he had enough insight to see the same things I saw, which is that over the past few years that the team had drifted into mediocrity then decided to clean house of both players and coaches impressed the hell out of me.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby obiken » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:20 pm

S4E, what a treatise!
obiken
Legacy

Previous

Return to Seahawks Forum