Russell Wilson

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Re: Russell Wilson

Postby RiverDog » Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:15 pm

RiverDog wrote:My only complaint about your musings was the very corrosive and inflammatory terms you were using to describe him. It was unnecessary and did not add anything to your argument or to the quality of our discussions. Strip out the garbage out of your posts and I actually agreed with most of what you were saying.

Hawktawk wrote:Fair enough . Look Im me.I don't know how inflammatory little dictator or diva are in hindsight anyway with the stuff his own teammates are saying.
Im a big loud dude that comes across a lot funnier in person then on line. And I wont gloat much but I think I said quite a few times "addition by subtraction".Sure looking like it in every way. I think the paint on the walls of the Vmac brightened up a couple shades

Heres another priceless Wilson from last weekend. Tweeted a 2 word message "keep working" from his condominium in Cabo. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

3-5, skipped preseason but I guess he figured he didn't need any extra work while telling his team to keep working :lol: .How can you not laugh. Like Pete said after the trade"Russ said a lot of things but not everyone was buying in to what he was saying."

You hit the nail on the head about the differences between online conversations vs. in person, which is why we all have to be careful. The lack of non verbal queues, like facial expressions, tone of voice, leads us to taking everything written quite literally.

I saw the thing about Russ being in Cabo. That's not a huge issue with me as it was during their bye week and it's no problem at all for him to go down there for a couple of days. It's one of those mountains being made out of a molehill. Same with the not playing in the preseason. Most of the starters, including many of the Hawks' starters, like Adams, Diggs, Penny, et al, didn't play in the preseason, either, nor did most of the other starters on other teams, and likely would have included Geno had there not been a QB competition. I think it was a huge mistake and said so as the preseason was in progress. It wasn't something unique to Russell.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:30 am

Hawktawk wrote:
Heres another priceless Wilson from last weekend. Tweeted a 2 word message "keep working" from his condominium in Cabo. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I saw the thing about Russ being in Cabo. That's not a huge issue with me as it was during their bye week and it's no problem at all for him to go down there for a couple of days. It's one of those mountains being made out of a molehill. Same with the not playing in the preseason. Most of the starters, including many of the Hawks' starters, like Adams, Diggs, Penny, et al, didn't play in the preseason, either, nor did most of the other starters on other teams, and likely would have included Geno had there not been a QB competition. I think it was a huge mistake and said so as the preseason was in progress. It wasn't something unique to Russell.

River sometimes I think you just like arguing or playing devils advocate or something . Russ isn’t Diggs or some other individual player like Penny . He’s the guy traded for a kings ransom who jet setted around the globe all year and signed a quarter billion deal .he’s responsible for moving the offense .
New coach , system and teammates . Aikman was flabbergasted he was skipping preseason . But all well and good right ? He did it and it’s water under the bridge .One of the worst QBs in the league so far on a 3-5 team and bye week comes it’s off to Cabo to tweet “ keep working “.
Dudes a clown . Not quite working so hard he’s got no time to sleep these days or jet set the globe . Like most things that don’t ruffle feathers here when HT mentions it it’s all over sports media . They understood how ridiculous he is .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Agent 86 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:19 pm

Another subtle shot by Pete towards Wilson this week. I have to think although it's a shot, it's true as well. They seem to breaking the huddle much earlier and allowing Geno the time needed to figure out defensive schemes to make the proper protection calls. Gotta love Pete right now.

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1690715/russell-wilson-dismisses-wristband-comment-by-seahawks-pete-carroll/
Agent 86
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:57 am

Yeah and Russ already clapped back saying “ I won a lot of games there without one”
Yea but not many that counted after 49. It stings but it’s true . I wonder if it might have helped in 49 when we went 3 and out most of the first half , failed to convert key third downs all game and wasted multiple timeouts . Forget the “call”. Make those other plays there’s no call to make .
Worth noting Russ was wearing one vs Jacksonville in London .
Touché Pete
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby MackStrongIsMyHero » Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:00 am

Was about to come post this very thing. I don't think Geno is just a bot handling the football, but there must be something to be said for executing your OC's gameplan and having time at the line. Yeah, Peyton Manning, Aaron Rogers, and Tom Brady, maybe even Drew Brees had more say and control of the offense but they also didn't seem to have the trouble of getting to the line in time to assess the defense and call an audible/change protections. Russ wasn't doing this.

Also interesting that he's wearing a band now. Now that everyone's paying attention, I wonder if he'll keep doing it. I could see him taking it off as a point of pride even if it is helping.
MackStrongIsMyHero
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:13 am

I’m pretty sure Brady wore a wrist band and may still . Argument over .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby MackStrongIsMyHero » Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:40 am

Hawktawk wrote:I’m pretty sure Brady wore a wrist band and may still . Argument over .

My point was that it becomes immaterial if the QB can get to the line with plenty of time to adjust and the offense is running successfully. Russ would have more of a leg to stand on if the play clock wasn't always nearly gone by the time he gets to the line and the fact that he's not producing or winning while doing this. Your point about winning the meaningful games, i.e. playoff games, is on the money.
MackStrongIsMyHero
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:45 am

I can’t say it’s why but I forced myself to watch 49 again awhile back and literally 3 and out the entire first half till the very end then unable to put the game away with repeated opportunities including Wagners pick setting us up in great field position . To tell the truth the offense looked a lot like much of the last few years , no continuity . The difference was they had the LOB to get the ball back .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby TriCitySam » Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:34 pm

MackStrongIsMyHero wrote:.

My point was that it becomes immaterial if the QB can get to the line with plenty of time to adjust and the offense is running successfully. Russ would have more of a leg to stand on if the play clock wasn't always nearly gone by the time he gets to the line and the fact that he's not producing or winning while doing this. Your point about winning the meaningful games, i.e. playoff games, is on the money.[/quote]

Since we had our fair share of Delay of Game Penalties, and scrambling to not get one...then perhaps it wasn't immaterial to the coaching staff. It wasn't much of a shot in my opinion and RW get's overly sensitive.
TriCitySam
Legacy

Postby Agent 86 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:08 pm

TriCitySam wrote:Since we had our fair share of Delay of Game Penalties, and scrambling to not get one...then perhaps it wasn't immaterial to the coaching staff. It wasn't much of a shot in my opinion and RW get's overly sensitive.

Totally agree with this. Only reason I said "subtle shot" is that Pete did not have to throw in the part bolded below, but you know why he did it. It's a dig on Russ and he wanted Russ to know. I think Pete is enjoying being in Russ's kitchen right now. And why not given their 1st round pick is Pete's.

“If you notice, Geno’s going off the wristband, and that’s a big help,” Carroll told Seattle Sports 710 AM on Tuesday. “It’s smoothed things out, sped things up. And that’s part of it, too. We never did that before. There was resistance to that. So, we didn’t do that before.
Agent 86
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:36 pm

I knew this wrist band crap would come up. I guess we win a Super Bowl and go to a second with Russ not wearing a wrist band, but now Geno's doing well for a short time and suddenly it's an issue.

Sorry, the wrist band thing is a big old non-issue and just another example of revisionist history in regards to the Seahawks. We won plenty and Russ did fine without a wrist band. Won our first Super Bowl without a QB wearing a wrist band. I'm not sure how many QBs in the league wear a wrist band.

But hey, gotta have something new to keep attacking Russ with, so here's a new "let's revise Seattle history" reason to attack Russ.

Russ was fine without a wristband. I have never seen a single bit of data indicating a wrist band was necessary for offensive efficiency or performance.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby I-5 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:39 pm

The 'gotta have' is the media...whatever drives clicks on a youtube video, article, or soc med post. That's where we live now. Expect more garbage like this until people stop clicking, which is never.
I-5
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:41 pm

Reporters try to get Geno to participate in this crap and he'll have none of it. He's showing some class about it. I wish Pete would show the same restraint, he's being a bit of a dick IMO.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:56 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:Reporters try to get Geno to participate in this crap and he'll have none of it. He's showing some class about it. I wish Pete would show the same restraint, he's being a bit of a dick IMO.

Yep. Geno and Russ are friends. They spent years in the QB room together. I'm sure Russ has nothing but good thoughts about Geno doing well. Geno already been in the crossfire when he was in New York, so he probably has some idea of what Russ is going through.

The media trying to drag Lockett into it as well even though Lockett has made it clear Russ and he are friends. DK doesn't want any of it either.

For Pete to act like this, he must be real unhappy with Russ's decision because those two were as close as a QB and coach can be. Must feel real personal to Pete.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:48 am

c_hawkbob wrote:Reporters try to get Geno to participate in this crap and he'll have none of it. He's showing some class about it. I wish Pete would show the same restraint, he's being a bit of a dick IMO.

I agree. The wrist band issue is a no never mind. Some QBs wear them, some don't. People that don't know anything about the sport, let alone playing quarterback, are using it to advance their agenda. Pete should have just kept his cake hole shut, but I think he's enjoying this so much, being the winner in all of this, that he can't resist.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:50 am

Pete has taken it personal that Russ inferred he was holding him back , outdated concepts, can’t win the big one anymore .
I don’t blame him . He made him , promoted him, protected him and deflected blame after the horrible pick to
Lose 49. Bit his lip and kept the lid on the brewing pot of Russel Bs for years .

So he said wrist band and Russ had to respond . I don’t blame Pete a bit . I told you all months ago there’s more then business here . These are 2 guys who won’t be exchanging Christmas cards .

I stand by coach Carrol. The petty guy is the one that kept it alive proving it was 100% true . It should NEVER have been an issue for Russ .

Kudos to Geno for taking the high road . He’s had Russels back unlike the opposite as Russ stole his well deserved 4th start last year and he sat and fumed while Russ got shut out vs GB and tweeted after “ I’d like to vent but it’s not safe “ to his credit he quickly deleted the tweet and has taken the high road ever since . He’s got every bit the character of previous dude . Maybe more .
Last edited by Hawktawk on Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:53 am

]

I agree. The wrist band issue is a no never mind. Some QBs wear them, some don't. People that don't know anything about the sport, let alone playing quarterback, are using it to advance their agenda. Pete should have just kept his cake hole shut, but I think he's enjoying this so much, being the winner in all of this, that he can't resist.[/quote]
He’s gloating River . Those who are dead wrong attack gloaters .
Looks to me like Russ was a complete dick to coach . And his pie hole is why it’s still a story .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:28 am

Dead horse, meet whip.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:34 pm

Broncos lose! They fall to 3-6 on the season. Now we have to start rooting for teams with a worse record, teams like the 2-6 Raiders, to win as it would move our draft positioning up.

For those who are interested, Russell had another bad game, was 21-42 for 286 yards with 1 TD and 1 INT. And the beat goes on.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:35 pm

RiverDog wrote:Broncos lose! They fall to 3-6 on the season. Now we have to start rooting for teams with a worse record, teams like the 2-6 Raiders, to win as it would move our draft positioning up.

For those who are interested, Russell had another bad game, was 21-42 for 286 yards with 1 TD and 1 INT. And the beat goes on.

Took a huge hit and fumbled on 3rd down . One of his linemen saved it for him , took it away from the defender in the pile . Russ threw to 2 Titan defenders , no bronco in the area for the game ender . Sweet . I watched the final minutes .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:54 pm

RiverDog wrote:Broncos lose! They fall to 3-6 on the season. Now we have to start rooting for teams with a worse record, teams like the 2-6 Raiders, to win as it would move our draft positioning up.

Hawktawk wrote:Took a huge hit and fumbled on 3rd down . One of his linemen saved it for him , took it away from the defender in the pile . Russ threw to 2 Titan defenders , no bronco in the area for the game ender . Sweet . I watched the final minutes .

He also got away with a really bad decision/throw that should have been intercepted earlier in the game. All of his stats were worse than his season average. So yeah, he was horrible, and the piling on will continue. I have to admit that there's a part of me that's beginning to feel a bit sorry for him. As others have pointed out, he's not a bad guy.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:06 pm

I’m over him other than taking my teams side on the wristband stuff he kept alive etc. I want the picks . After that I don’t care anymore . I think he’s out of the league in a few years anyway .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby I-5 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:24 pm

It's not just that he had another bad game. The eye test on the field does not show any semblance of an elite QB. Unless he's really hobbled, he looks like a slow, average, aging quarterback. He can still throw a long ball, I'll give him that. We dodged a bullet.
I-5
Legacy

Postby TriCitySam » Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:53 pm

“He may have wasted Pete’s best years....”
TriCitySam
Legacy

Postby MackStrongIsMyHero » Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:51 pm

Paid $50 million per year to be bad at his job. Reserving my bad feelings for the Denver fans.
MackStrongIsMyHero
Legacy

Postby TriCitySam » Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:23 pm

There is a site called "all things QB", hosted by a former NFL/CFL QB. He looks at Denver every week. After reviewing the Titans game he says "is RW the problem? ....it's starting to appear more Russell than Hackett when you look at the tape."
TriCitySam
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:42 am

On the final pick he threw the ball 10 feet over Suttons head . He was wide open .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:45 am

TriCitySam wrote:“He may have wasted Pete’s best years....”

I think it’s fair game at this point. What if we had a qb who was less dynamic but more efficient and on schedule between 12-16? Askin for a friend . What If he had a wristband in 49? Not knowable but I do know 1 Lombardi with that historic defense wasn’t enough .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:12 am

What if he'd been trained in a proper Offense from the beginning? Maybe we would have won multiple SB's.
This idea that someone who has played in an Offense that throttled creativity and boxed in the players from doing what makes them special then to be let loose should suddenly be great might be
more that what we can expect for a year. I would have thought that he loved it and maybe he does but he looks to me like he's a rookie when viewing the field, almost like there are too many differences
to take in at the moment. Basically playing the old way in a new system.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:34 am

Hawktawk wrote:What if we had a qb who was less dynamic but more efficient and on schedule between 12-16? Askin for a friend.

NorthHawk wrote:What if he'd been trained in a proper Offense from the beginning? Maybe we would have won multiple SB's.

What if your aunt had balls?
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:38 am

She would be your uncle . What it has to do with the debate here is zero . It’s fair . And yes Russ is playing like he did here . Matter of fact Mike Salk pointed out how much the Denver offense looks like Seattle’s the last year Russ was here . A bunch of 3 and outs . Trouble scoring . Lose time of posession . Last week was a regression but that certainly hasn’t described our offense most of this year . It’s Russ .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby I-5 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:30 am

Yep, watching the Denver offense flail and flail with occassinoal hail marys gives me PTSD about how our offense looked the last few years. We just had a better running game and at least one more good receiver, but otherwise, looked VERY familiar. So glad we don't have that approach anymore.
I-5
Legacy

Postby obiken » Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:35 am

TriCitySam wrote:There is a site called "all things QB", hosted by a former NFL/CFL QB. He looks at Denver every week. After reviewing the Titans game he says "is RW the problem? ....it's starting to appear more Russell than Hackett when you look at the tape."

Its both, and Injuries have killed them too. Getting rid of Chub was a huge blunder IMO.
obiken
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:08 pm

obiken wrote:Its both, and Injuries have killed them too. Getting rid of Chub was a huge blunder IMO.

Chubb was going to be a free agent at the end of this season, and given Russell's contract, it was unlikely that they were going to resign him. Plus, again due to the Russell trade, they are very short on draft picks. Not only that, but Chubb has had problems staying healthy. Given those facts, the smart move was to trade him.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Stream Hawk » Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:06 pm

I really do want to move on from this. However, Denver media and players appear to be trusting him for good now. Pretty whacked if Russell’s now really audibuling (sp?) Seahawk plays.
https://twitter.com/altitudesr/status/1 ... QoPOFu1otw
Stream Hawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:18 am

Stream Hawk wrote:I really do want to move on from this. However, Denver media and players appear to be trusting him for good now. Pretty whacked if Russell’s now really audibuling (sp?) Seahawk plays.
https://twitter.com/altitudesr/status/1 ... QoPOFu1otw

Now that's both funny and sad. Poor Russell. I do feel sorry for what he's having to go through. More than likely, that's not true or is greatly exaggerated, but it's the type of thing that happens when things aren't going well and you've made yourself into such a media star.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:21 am

Tyler Polumbus is a respected Denver sports caster who played with both franchises . I’ll take his word when he verifies this is true . It’s beyond humorous at this point and more like alarming . I truly worry if the guy has had 2 many TBIs . How can you not have your audibles down as a 11 year vet .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:46 am

Hawktawk wrote:Tyler Polumbus is a respected Denver sports caster who played with both franchises . I’ll take his word when he verifies this is true . It’s beyond humorous at this point and more like alarming . I truly worry if the guy has had 2 many TBIs . How can you not have your audibles down as a 11 year vet .

Believe half of what you see and nothing of what you hear.

I'm not saying it isn't true, but until I hear it from multiple sources, I'm not going to put a lot of weight into it. Like I said, sometimes this stuff isn't necessarily false, just that it tends to get exaugurated.

But true or not, Russell is going through one helluva lot of adversity, which is why there's a part of me that feels badly for him. Of course, there's another part of me that doesn't shed a single tear for highly paid professional athletes like him. We all have our own adversity to go through during our lives, his is just more public than most of ours. But if he comes out of this and turns it around, it will be one of the more remarkable feats in recent years.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:16 pm

Polumbus would not make this up and it might help explain the ineptitude . But I believe Tyler . I’ve heard him comment intelligently about this trade , both Lock and Russ and he’s been right on the money . As I recall he said Pete’s style of offense fits Russ best and if he’s getting carried away with 4 wide empty sets and a bunch of exotic concepts he won’t be top ten anymore . Boy howdy. And River it would be amazing if he turns it around . He’s not going to . If his name wasn’t Russell Wilson and his trade and extension so expensive he would be on the pine. I see the guy out of the league long before he fulfills this contract . Not hatin on him at this point . It’s just the eyeball test .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:14 pm

Hawktawk wrote:Polumbus would not make this up and it might help explain the ineptitude . But I believe Tyler . I’ve heard him comment intelligently about this trade , both Lock and Russ and he’s been right on the money . As I recall he said Pete’s style of offense fits Russ best and if he’s getting carried away with 4 wide empty sets and a bunch of exotic concepts he won’t be top ten anymore . Boy howdy. And River it would be amazing if he turns it around . He’s not going to . If his name wasn’t Russell Wilson and his trade and extension so expensive he would be on the pine. I see the guy out of the league long before he fulfills this contract . Not hatin on him at this point . It’s just the eyeball test .

I don't necessarily think that it is made up, as a matter of fact, there's probably at least some truth to it. All I'm saying is that sometimes this stuff gets misinterpreted or blown out of proportion.

It remains to be seen if Russell can turn it around or not. Heck, even this season isn't completely lost, at least not yet, especially as whacky as this season has been. Denver has a lot invested in Russell, so they're going to do whatever it takes to put him in a position to succeed.
RiverDog
Legacy

PreviousNext

Return to Seahawks Forum