OT: Go Dawgs!

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Re: OT: Go Dawgs!

Postby obiken » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:53 am

I just dont see them winning against SC 2x and Wazzu, but that's just me as a Duck!!
obiken
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:07 am

Eh, Duck it.... drop 70 on both of them... ( Though it might take more than three quarters in one or both of those games)..
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Rambo2014 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:38 pm

Hate to burst your bubble but;

I have a co-workers whos son goes to WSU and he says he son says;

What the Rams are to the Seahawks are what the Cougars are to the Huskies

In otherwords a loss

hate to weigh in on college FB as its not my forte
Rambo2014
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:58 pm

Rambo, you never know, but they said the same thing about the Huskies at Oregon and the game against Stanford. How did they turn out? Something 'bout this year. Track Meet for sure.
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:57 pm

What the Rams are to the Seahawks are what the Cougars are to the Huskies

Ever heard of Google, rambo?

I'm a Coug, but UW has won 6 of last 7, Wazzu has only won 8 times going back to 1989, and Washington has won well over twice as many games in the series as WSU.

WSU has had periods of success against UW, but make no mistake- they're the perennial underdog to them (something I think true Cougs almost cherish), not some thorn in their side beyond what you'd expect by a hated rival (beating them occasionally when you have no business doing so).
burrrton
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:19 pm

Perfectly sums up Ramblo's intelligence level.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:55 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:Eh, Duck it.... drop 70 on both of them... ( Though it might take more than three quarters in one or both of those games)..

I don't see them dropping 70 on SC sorry. SC is a good FB team right now. Next year, I think WA is the odds on favorite to win it all. This year its Alabama and everyone else.
obiken
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:09 pm

I think you missed the point of the entire post...
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:38 am

Rambo2014 wrote:hate to weigh in on college FB as its not my forte

Pro football isn't your forte, either, but that doesn't stop you from weighing in on it.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:49 am

As a former EWU (EWSC when I attended) grad, I'm making all sorts of hay at the expense of my Coug friends, who are ecstatic (and rightfully so) over the success of their team. I set up our plant manager the other day, who actually played OT for the Cougs, by telling him that after winning this weekend that the Cougs had a stranglehold on 3rd, and he immediately started to correct me, telling me that they were tied for first, the only reason UW is listed above them is because of their overall record, and so on. My response was "oh, I don't mean 3rd place in the P-12-N, I mean third best team in the state. You need to keep winning to stay ahead of Whitworth" , the obvious implication being that since Eastern beat them that WSU is behind them and UW and ahead of Whitworth of Spokane, a D3 school, in an in state ranking.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:47 am

My response was "oh, I don't mean 3rd place in the P-12-N, I mean third best team in the state. You need to keep winning to stay ahead of Whitworth" , the obvious implication being that since Eastern beat them that WSU is behind them and UW and ahead of Whitworth of Spokane, a D3 school, in an in state ranking.

:)
burrrton
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:01 pm

RiverDog wrote:As a former EWU (EWSC when I attended) grad, I'm making all sorts of hay at the expense of my Coug friends, who are ecstatic (and rightfully so) over the success of their team. I set up our plant manager the other day, who actually played OT for the Cougs, by telling him that after winning this weekend that the Cougs had a stranglehold on 3rd, and he immediately started to correct me, telling me that they were tied for first, the only reason UW is listed above them is because of their overall record, and so on. My response was "oh, I don't mean 3rd place in the P-12-N, I mean third best team in the state. You need to keep winning to stay ahead of Whitworth" , the obvious implication being that since Eastern beat them that WSU is behind them and UW and ahead of Whitworth of Spokane, a D3 school, in an in state ranking.

EWU? Oh my! I thought that was some weird animal from down under.
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby Rambo2014 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:54 pm

LOL Just saw the score!!! No more #4 for you guys!!!! What a Joke to start with!

Bad weekend for Seattle

Pats will romp tomorrow night
Rambo2014
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:39 pm

Maybe, doubtful but maybe, at least we haven't had to suffer through a decade of it.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:40 pm

Yea, the Huskie's bubble finally burst. They can still get in if they run the table and win the P-12 championship but they're no longer in control of their own destiny. Cougs are up big at halftime. The Apple Cup will mean something other than in state bragging rights for the first time in eons, or about the last time the Rams had a winning record.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Uppercut » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:15 am

I was quite impressed with the USC D. Was rooting for WA but Huskies looked like Hawks on bad days. Funny though how #2,#3, and #4 went down. The good side it probably saved a beating from Alabama. I figured Huskies will be great next year and anything good this year was a bonus. But I did wonder about the coaching and play calling at times.
Uppercut
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:13 am

Uppercut wrote:I was quite impressed with the USC D. Was rooting for WA but Huskies looked like Hawks on bad days. Funny though how #2,#3, and #4 went down. The good side it probably saved a beating from Alabama. I figured Huskies will be great next year and anything good this year was a bonus. But I did wonder about the coaching and play calling at times.

It was only the second time in the history of the AP Top 25 that #2, #3, and #4 all lost on the same weekend.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Uppercut » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:46 am

Who knows maybe Huskies and Michigan will meet in a bowl.

Look forward to seeing old Hairball again

Upset weekend hope Hawks can sneak in a win
Uppercut
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:25 pm

Holy Crap! 28-3 before I go to work today. Pour it on.. it's the only way they will put the Dawgs over the loser of OS /Mich.

And That's football in the playoff era.
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby Vegaseahawk » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:47 pm

Apple Cup is in da bag
Vegaseahawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:51 am

Just some random thoughts....

Mike Leach is an idiot, always going for it on 4th down instead of taking the points. He had a situation in the 2nd half where kicking a FG would have put him within two scores and opted to go for it. It wouldn't have changed the outcome, but as HC, you have to give your team the best chance to win, and his constantly going for it on 4th down despite the game situation is going to keep them from winning close games against superior opponents like this game featured.

Falk and Browning are both very good quarterbacks and should land jobs in the NFL. I'm not saying that either one will make it big time but they both have very good, accurate arms. Coug receivers sure dropped a lot of balls. John Ross should be a first rounder, would love to see him in blue and green.

If UW wins in the Pac 12 Championship game, especially if their opponent happens to be USC, there is no way the committee can keep them out of the playoffs. In a way, I hope they do snub UW as it would initiate a move to expand the playoffs to 6 or 8 teams.

It's been a long time since I've had a horse to root for in CFB.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Uppercut » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:45 pm

Is it just me? My perception of the husky D is that it is porous at times.
Uppercut
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:32 pm

I agree on that, against SC. The D played very poorly. Haven't noticed it since. Didn't see it against the Cougs. Next Friday is the first time for Colorado and Huskies playing a 'postseason' in the Pac12. Should be a great game. Wish I could go!
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:56 pm

I've been hearing rumblings that even if UW goes on to beat Colorado and win the Pac-12 championship that the playoff committee may rank both Ohio State and Michigan above them and keep the Huskies out of the playoffs even though neither not only didn't win their conference championship, they didn't even play in the conference championship game.

Ranking Michigan above Washington would be particularly egregious as they didn't win their conference championship, didn't play in their conference championship game, lost two of their last 3 games including one to unranked Iowa, and have one more loss than do the Huskies, whose only loss came to #12 USC. I'm also seeing polls that have 10-2 Wisconsin ranked ahead of the Huskies.

We'll have to wait until it all unfolds, but if Washington wins next Saturday and does not get included in the playoffs and two Big 10 teams are advanced, I won't be watching any of the college football games the rest of the year.
Last edited by RiverDog on Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:13 pm

The Big 10 is the darling conference this year, so I wouldn't be surprised, either. If we win next Friday, we should get #4 no matter what anyone else does.
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby Hawkstar » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:25 am

Media Bias, Disrespect.... whatever it is, you know that Penn State or Wisconsin will stake a claim in the top four as a Conference Champion, but if Colorado were to beat Washington (not happening!) and claim the Pac 12 Championship there wont be as much as a whisper of Colorado being named in the top four.

Hard to say how the committee ranking looks on Tuesday, but I suspect they wont change much. I can see the committee giving Michigan credit for a narrow, 2 OT loss. (I personally think they earned the W, dont agree with the spot) Harbaugh was still busy ripping the officials while the media was speculating they retain the 4th spot. Ohio State and Michigan should be out - if either makes it, and their conference Champion is out, the BCS creditability drops another rung on the ladder.

I guess we have another week of games for teams to stumble or strengthen their case. You can bet the committee is praying for a Clemson and/or a Washington loss so they can put Ohio State, Michigan and their Conference Champion into the top four along with Alabama.

Imagine if Alabama loses to Florida.
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:32 am

I hope this isn't the issue, but a part of me suspects it's about eyeballs on the games.
Washington just isn't as attractive on a national scale as Ohio or Michigan.
I doubt it would be a topic of discussion if USC was in the Huskies place with the roles reversed and have had Washington beat them a few games ago.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Hawkstar » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:43 am

NorthHawk wrote:I hope this isn't the issue, but a part of me suspects it's about eyeballs on the games.
Washington just isn't as attractive on a national scale as Ohio or Michigan.
I doubt it would be a topic of discussion if USC was in the Huskies place with the roles reversed and have had Washington beat them a few games ago.

It would have been interesting if Utah knocked off Colorado and put USC in the Championship game. They would have been in consideration with 3 losses.
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:47 am

RiverDog wrote:I've been hearing rumblings that even if UW goes on to beat Colorado and win the Pac-12 championship that the playoff committee may rank both Ohio State and Michigan above them and keep the Huskies out of the playoffs even though neither not only didn't win their conference championship, they didn't even play in the conference championship game.

Ranking Michigan above Washington would be particularly egregious as they didn't win their conference championship, didn't play in their conference championship game, lost two of their last 3 games including one to unranked Iowa, and have one more loss than do the Huskies, whose only loss came to #12 USC. I'm also seeing polls that have 10-2 Wisconsin ranked ahead of the Huskies.

We'll have to wait until it all unfolds, but if Washington wins next Saturday and does not get included in the playoffs and two Big 10 teams are advanced, I won't be watching any of the college football games the rest of the year.

Hell, Michigan could be facing three straight losses, to unranked opponents had the coach kicked the extra point, instead of going for two three weeks ago. Anyway the committee slices it, Michigan has played a pretty poor month of football to close the season.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:48 pm

Where the pollsters, but hopefully not the playoff committee, fails is that the object of the playoffs isn't to advance the top 4 teams, it's to determine the national champion. That's why a premium should be assigned to conference champions, especially from one of the top 4-5 conferences.

If Washington wins and doesn't advance, it would be the 2nd year in a row where they snubbed the Pac12. I could understand them not taking Stanford last season as they had 2 losses and the others that did advance had one or fewer losses and were all conference champs. But if they leave a one loss Pac 12 team out while advancing a 2 loss team that didn't win their conference, then you're not trying to find out who the true national champion is. Michigan, and for that matter Ohio State, had a fair shot at advancing to the NC game and blew it by failing to win their conference championship.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:04 pm

31-10 after 3. 1/4 to go and it's on (yes, I fully believe it will be) to the FINAL FOUR! My Dad would be very proud at this point.
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:30 am

:D
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby Rambo2014 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:04 am

If you come in at #4..NO Guarantee..The Tide will not be a walk in thae park

Better focus on Cam
Rambo2014
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:43 am

A pretty convincing win last night by the Dawgs. The fact that they beat a top 10 team as badly as they did even though Browning had an off night speaks volumes. UW in their last two games has not only beat but routed away from home two top 25 teams. I don't think there is any doubt that they'll get in the playoffs, the only question being which seed will they land, #3 or #4. I heard that someone on the playoff committee was saying that Penn State was better than UW, but that's pretty hard to buy after watching last night's massacre.

Although both played well, I was more impressed with UW's 2nd RB than I was Gaskin (Coleman?). That kid hits the hole with authority. UW's OL won the day, was getting a tremendous push and ran the ball at will. They are clearly the best college team in the west, but they're going to have their work cut out for them when they hit the playoffs. I wouldn't be surprised if either of the 3 teams above them beats UW by three scores. The Pac-12 ain't what it used to be. But I've been wrong before. At least I finally have a horse to root for in CFB. It's been a long wait.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby curmudgeon » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:56 pm

Nice win for UW, but....I have a sneakin' suspicion that SOS, east coast bias and the committee's chub for the big ten will keep the Huskies out of the 4......
curmudgeon
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:21 pm

curmudgeon wrote:Nice win for UW, but....I have a sneakin' suspicion that SOS, east coast bias and the committee's chub for the big ten will keep the Huskies out of the 4......

If they are snubbed, it would be a bigger snub than Hillary losing to Trump. Trust me, they're in. Had it been a closer game, then it might have made it more dicey, but not after they blew out a good Colorado team. If Clemson wins, they have the #4 seed. If Clemson loses or ties, the Huskies get the #3 seed.

What will be controversial will be if Clemson loses as it would put 3 teams into play for the 4th seed: Clemson, Michigan, and the winner of Penn State/Wisconsin. I hope that scenario happens as two fan bases will be mightily upset and it might motivate them to expand the playoffs to 6 or 8 teams.
Last edited by RiverDog on Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:25 pm

I don't see that happening. No matter what happens, it's been a FUN season and the BCS playoffs are stupid and subjective. Huskies are Back. Chris for president!
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:51 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:I don't see that happening. No matter what happens, it's been a FUN season and the BCS playoffs are stupid and subjective. Huskies are Back. Chris for president!

Minor point, but they don't call it the BCS anymore. It's College Football Playoffs, and I do think that it's somewhat better than the old BCS.

The only way to make it completely fair is to expand the playoffs to 8 teams and give the 5 major conferences (SEC, ACC, Pac12, Big 10, and Big 12) automatic seeds and 3 at large seeds. Clear New Year's Day of all the horsechit bowls and have the Rose, Sugar, Orange, and Fiesta serve as the quarterfinals of the playoffs going back to the old arrangements (Big 10/Pac 12 in the Rose, Big 12/ACC in the Orange, SEC in the Sugar).

Semi finals could be held on the Saturday just ahead of the NFC and AFC championship games at a neutral site like Dallas or Minneapolis with the requirement that no one plays in a nearby stadium at the expense of their opponent in the semi's (like LSU in New Orleans or USC in the Rose Bowl).

The championship game could be on the last Saturday of January prior to Super Bowl weekend and not on a Monday, allowing students to attend w/o missing classes.

Hats off to Chris Peterson and the Huskies. It's extremely difficult to get a college program turned around, much more than it is in the NFL.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:22 pm

I know the powers to be can't be expected to understand this, but it sure would be better if we get seeded #3, and played Ohio State in Tempe, vs. going to the home state of Alabama to play against the #1 team in the Nation in what would amount to a 'home' game for the Tide.
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby MackStrongIsMyHero » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:39 am

Alabama is #1, obviously. UW and Clemson stay in; I can't envision a scenario where either team is out. I seriously think Penn St belongs over Ohio St. They claim strength of schedule makes OSU the better team, but, if that were the case, why was PSU even able to hang with them? It took a blocked FG for the go-ahead TD, but there was 4:27 left on the clock. If OSU was the better team, how do they not muster at least a FG in that time? OSU could hang with the Bama, UW, and Clemson, but PSU has proved that. Head-to-head over OSU and hard-fought win over a very good Wisconsin team for the Big 10 title is plenty enough in my book, so,

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Washington
4. Penn State
MackStrongIsMyHero
Legacy

PreviousNext

Return to Seahawks Forum