Michael's Brain Farts

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Re: Michael's Brain Farts

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:37 am

I think he can be a good backup RB for the long term, but he's on the cusp of being a starter which isn't so bad.
It's frustrating because he shows flashes of being a very good back, then it fades away. I don't have a problem if they decide to keep him. He is playing for very little money after all.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:36 pm

NorthHawk wrote:I think he can be a good backup RB for the long term, but he's on the cusp of being a starter which isn't so bad.
It's frustrating because he shows flashes of being a very good back, then it fades away. I don't have a problem if they decide to keep him. He is playing for very little money after all.

One of the problems with keeping him is that he doesn't play on special teams.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:07 pm

Adam Schefter ✔ @AdamSchefter
Seattle waived - waived! - RB Christine Michael.
4:47 PM - 15 Nov 2016

Evidently Pete disagrees with you there HC ...
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:56 pm

Interesting you would see it that way Bob, obviously he didn't, as he continued to run him out there week in and week out, didn't start any of the rookies that clearly were there to replace him, and even cut one of them....

I never claimed him as a solution moving forward, nor as an elite starter. I called him what he was, the most productive back on the team this season. Not exactly sure how that's so confusing to so many.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby obiken » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:50 pm

He is running hard but his not a star back, certainly not a superstar back. However, he is doing the best he can. He is out next year, this year he will be the 3rd man in once TR gets back.
obiken
Legacy

Postby obiken » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:52 pm

He is running hard but his not a star back, certainly not a superstar back. However, he is doing the best he can. He is out next year, this year he will be the 3rd man in once TR gets back.

Geez, I didn't think Pete would cut the poor guy this year!!
obiken
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:24 pm

Ultimately it's a bottom line business. Obviously the staff feels that Rawls will shake off his poor play earlier in the season and return to the form that has us all excited last season, and that the catch passing ability of Prosise and potential outweighs his lower YPC total, and that Collins... Eh.....um.... Well..... I'm really not sure what exactly makes his value more than Micheal, maybe the simply got done waiting on Micheal to put it all together, and in Collins they're willing to???

Pope was exciting in pre season, though who knows how that will play out ultimately, I certainly prefer him to Collins, but who knows?....

I'm cool with them cutting Micheal, but I'm fairly confident it will be all the offensive lines fault should he or Prosise continue to struggle running the ball, despite Micheal somehow being by far the most productive back behind that line. Micheal hasn't shown well for a week ( yeah 6 carries for 60 yards is somehow lumped into a "poor" category by fans against the Saints, and 5 carries with a 4.5 yard average is as well against the Pats), that said, these coaches know what's best for the team, they did when they started Micheal, and the did when they cut him.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:35 pm

The only thing I'm glad about is people won't continue to misspell his name, spelled Michael.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:39 pm

Life of swype, I apologise profusely for not proof reading my posts prior to posting and changing the spelling for you every time I swiped on my phone.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Previous

Return to Seahawks Forum