Forum Ideas

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Forum Ideas

Postby 4XPIPS » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:19 am

First of all I like the layout... and just like the PI I like to keep it simple. I come here to read comments more than how all the graphics bounce around. I am for one to keep it simple the way it is. Avatar's are a most def, but after that it doesn't need to be so BLASTING OF COLORS!! However heck of a job Yoder and whom ever contributed.

Using this thread for opinions and ideas.

So my first opinion is keep it basic and simple. Its the People that Make the Forum Great, not the Intense Graphics.

Also what I don't like about the Blue is the amount of pages it loads just for a few posts. Even though it will only takes a few post to generate a new page, it get's rather useless having to hit 'next' and 'next' and you get the point to read about 2 pages worth on a normal PI thread.

Just my thoughts
4XPIPS
Legacy

Re: Forum Ideas

Postby ShackMod » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:27 am

Thanks for your ideas 4XPIPS! Keep them coming. Also, there is a forum dedicated just for ideas about the site, but it really doesn't matter where they get posted as long as you guys keep the feedback coming.
ShackMod
Site Admin

Postby 4XPIPS » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:29 am

ShackMod wrote:Thanks for your ideas 4XPIPS! Keep them coming. Also, there is a forum dedicated just for ideas about the site, but it really doesn't matter where they get posted as long as you guys keep the feedback coming.

Oops I just saw it too... my bad... Got excited...sry bout that!
4XPIPS
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:08 pm

The default font could be slightly bigger.

I agree with keeping it simple. Over at seahawks.net, they allow you to have some sort of catchy signature phrase inserted with every post. It clutters things up and makes it difficult to separate comments from personal mottos.

But they do have a feature I really like, ie a link that takes you directly to the threads in which you have commented. If I've left for a day or two, I can click that link and immediately I can see if someone replied. It keeps subjects I'm interested in from getting buried.

They also have a weekly thread started by the administrator that takes you to "enemy" forums. I like checking out what the other fans are saying about our upcoming games, and have registered in several of their forums.

I'd like to see a forum get together sometime down the road. The PI used to do it annually, and I met some great guys, several that remain friends of mine even though they have long since stopped posting. The Blue has a Motherland game they establish each season, and although I've never attended, I hear it is quite popular. Seeing people face-to-face tends to take the edge off some of the caustic comments posters make about each other.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help. If you incur an expense, I don't mind pitching in a modest donation.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby yoder » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:27 pm

Thanks for the the thoughts Riverdog, I'm compiling a list of peoples ideas and will eventually post them in the "Think Tank" forum. For font sizes, in your upper right hand corner, you'll see an "A" with little arrows. If you click on it, you can change the font size.

At this point, I'm not going to allow signatures. I agree that it makes things cluttered, want to keep this as clean as possible.

Thanks for signing up, always loved reading your posts over at the P.I.!
yoder
Site Admin

Postby 4XPIPS » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:30 pm

Well the "A" thing sure works well.

When can I put up an avatar? Or did miss my chance

Like Riverdog said I am willing to throw in $$ to contribute. Everyone should. It shouldn't be much to ask and much to give.

I did e-mail Rott through seahawks.net, but I believe by next week most PI posters will be in full effect.
4XPIPS
Legacy

Postby wait_a_sec » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:45 pm

I love the simplicity as well. Thanks for creating the forum!
wait_a_sec
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:20 pm

I guess it would be nice to actually have a tab that showed replies to your posts. click the tab and it tells you what thread, and who replied, takes you there if you select it. I'm not sure if this has already been discussed in this thread. Tracking replies would be a cool feature, there is also the possibility of being able to "follow" friends posts as well ( which I guess they do at the blue) I thought that was a decent thought. Not sure if you have aloud "swearing" in the troll forum ( or if it is even worth the effort) but that is also something that is kind of unique... Like a lot of people said keeping it simple is cool, just things I saw that I thought had validity...
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:28 pm

Maybe the inserting of appropriate videos as well ( instead of just links)... via url link.. Not sure what can and can't be done ( I am NOT techy in anyway, if you need computers MOVED I'm your man, if you need computers programmed umm, not a good idea. LOL)
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:27 pm

The biggest thing for me is to know when someone has replied to my post. That and the friends thing is cool.
I'd be willing to chip in some dough as well just let me know. And yes Yoder, I agree that simpler is better
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum