Luke Willson high ankle sprain

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Luke Willson high ankle sprain

Postby RiverDog » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:59 pm

Or so I hear. Glad it wasn't broken, but he's probably done for the year. Too bad, he was really starting to contribute.
RiverDog
Legacy

Re: Luke Willson high ankle sprain

Postby Anthony » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:46 pm

RiverDog wrote:Or so I hear. Glad it wasn't broken, but he's probably done for the year. Too bad, he was really starting to contribute.

I would not be to sure of that, I have a feeling with 2 weeks off he might be back sooner than we think.
Anthony
Legacy

Postby HawkWow » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:53 pm

Damn. High ankle sprains are a nightmare and can't be rushed. Thank the officials for that. If they don't blow the whistle on his easy TD (there was no "un-abated to the QB"), he wouldn't have been on the field to take the hit on the next play. He was really starting to grasp the position and basically, our only real contributor from this most recent draft. We will have to earn everything this year. And that's OK, as long as we do.
HawkWow
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:55 pm

+1 on the ref screwup causing an injury that should have never happened. brutal
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:00 pm

It was especially a bummer, because on the previous play he should've had a TD on an encroachment penalty that, as far as i know, they usually allow as a freebie. Instead, next play, hurt. We'll see what happens with Luke.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby Johnny B » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:07 pm

Refs messed up the previous call, now he is injured and they would like to have his speed for the playoffs. Hopefully he can heal fast.
Johnny B
Legacy

Postby Steady_Hawk » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:09 pm

The biggest concern here is we keep losing weapons. Man I sure hope Percy is actually going to play this season.
Steady_Hawk
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:12 am

Johnny B wrote:Refs messed up the previous call, now he is injured and they would like to have his speed for the playoffs. Hopefully he can heal fast.

Yeah, maybe in time for the SB. That'll give him a month or so.

Maybe just maybe he can heal up.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby PACHawk » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:18 am

Forget about PH...this team won 13 games with current receivers, and will adjust. I assume it will be time for Cooper H. to step up.
PACHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:22 am

Anthony wrote:
RiverDog wrote:Or so I hear. Glad it wasn't broken, but he's probably done for the year. Too bad, he was really starting to contribute.

I would not be to sure of that, I have a feeling with 2 weeks off he might be back sooner than we think.

It would be nice, but high ankle sprains can take months to heal. If it was bad enough that they had to use an air cast and take him off in a cart, I doubt that he's back in two weeks.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:51 am

High ankle sprains are a nightmare. I think it's a given he's done for the year.

Not sure we can blame the injury on the ref's nonsensical "unabated" call the previous play.

And yeah, that call is yet another example in my mind of the historically low quality of refereeing in the NFL now. They are *constantly* as big a factor in games as either of the two teams, and I don't remember that being such a consistent problem in the past. Maybe it's just me.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:01 am

High ankle sprains can be a nightmare. It's a much more problematic location for such an injury, but like all sprains there are degrees of severity, the least of which can still be played through.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:06 am

c_hawkbob wrote:High ankle sprains can be a nightmare. It's a much more problematic location for such an injury, but like all sprains there are degrees of severity, the least of which can still be played through.

Exactly.
It's the degree of the sprain that will determine his recovery schedule.

Anyone hear how bad the sprain is?
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:34 am

Fair point, Bob. I guess I just can't recall this diagnosis not being persistent and reoccurring.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:36 am

Anyone hear how bad the sprain is?

He was kept still on the field for, what, 10 minutes, had an air-cast applied before they'd budge him, and was taken off the field on a cart.

I think it's safe to assume it's severe.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby FolkCrusader » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:43 am

When he got hit, right away I turned to my wife and said "s***, he just broke his leg". When he got up and walked I was surprised, but you could tell he was hobbled. The fact is a sprain can take several weeks to come back from if it's serious, but had it been broken he was out for the rest of the season. Hopefully he can make it back in two weeks, if not three.
FolkCrusader
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:01 am

As a rebuttal to my last post saying the injury has to be severe, I think I just heard PC tell Danny O'Neill on his radio show that he thought Willson might be able to make it back.

Either I misheard who they were talking about or I was full of sh.t about what all those things indicate.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby FolkCrusader » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:43 pm

burrrton wrote:As a rebuttal to my last post saying the injury has to be severe, I think I just heard PC tell Danny O'Neill on his radio show that he thought Willson might be able to make it back.

Either I misheard who they were talking about or I was full of sh.t about what all those things indicate.

PC is usually pretty hopeful on that show. What I heard was a) it's a legitimate high ankle sprain b) Willson has had the same injury before and believes he can work through it c) two weeks may or may not be enough time to work through it. I think it will be late next week before we have any real idea what's going on.
FolkCrusader
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:56 am

Thought I'd bump this to take my lumps- sounds like Willson will be back this week (never been so glad to be so wrong).

Gotta rethink my attitude toward both that diagnosis and what the on-field treatment indicates.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Hawkstar » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:01 am

burrrton wrote:Thought I'd bump this to take my lumps- sounds like Willson will be back this week (never been so glad to be so wrong).

Gotta rethink my attitude toward both that diagnosis and what the on-field treatment indicates.

Great news if he's truly back and close to 100%. The TE's could be the biggest beneficiary of Harvin's return. With LW's speed vs a backer, he could open all day long.
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby Irish Greg 2.0 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:30 am

Remember the days when high ankle sprains meant 6-8 weeks of missing games?? We had a rash of them in the Holmgren era at one point. Seemed like they were always gone for half the darn season.

Amazing recovery for Luke. Now let's throw some seam passes to him instead of dump-offs! Take advantage of his quickness and match-ups on LBs. He smoked Patrick Willis on his TD catch vs SF.
Irish Greg 2.0
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:03 pm

I can't believe that he is back and practicing this early. I saw a pic of him at practice and he wasn't even wearing a brace on the ankle, crazy!
mykc14
Legacy

Postby daweez » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:42 pm

More great news! Percy and Luke back, Wow this is awesome!!!
daweez
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:39 pm

A Seahawk miracle.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby FolkCrusader » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:07 am

burrrton wrote:Thought I'd bump this to take my lumps- sounds like Willson will be back this week (never been so glad to be so wrong).

I wouldn't take it too hard. PC said in the presser today that when they first took pictures of it that day it was broken (I swear I thought I saw it break). Then that night when they took pictures again it was not broken. Now after two weeks it looks normal. Pete didn't rule the word miracle out to describe it :)
FolkCrusader
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:09 am

Anthony turned out to be a real prophet on this one. No way did I think Willson would come back after being carted off the field like that.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:29 am

I figured he'd be back perhaps by the SB. But never for our first playoff game!

This guy is a playmaker for us. And him and Harvin will stretch the field like it hasn't been all season! :!:
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby MackStrongIsMyHero » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:14 am

Definitely pumped about this. The touchdown he made against P. Willis and the play he made that got called back right before he got injured in the Rams game make his return good news indeed. There's no linebacker on the Saints roster close to the caliber of Willis, so Willson is a serious mismatch. Harvin's potential goes without saying, and I find it interesting that Saints fans tout Keenan Lewis as the cure for Harvin. Fine, use your best corner to stop Harvin, and I'll take Tate, Baldwin, Miller, and Willson beating your no-name corners and safeties behind Lewis ( I mean is anybody really scared of Harper and Jenkins and the rest?). The weather will be a factor, but the potential for the offense to blow up is there. Can't wait.
MackStrongIsMyHero
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:54 am

Pete didn't rule the word miracle out to describe it

Hehe. Divine intervention- it's our year...
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:37 am

burrrton wrote:

Don't jinx us please! :lol: :lol: :o :o :o ;) ;) ;)
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:30 am

Teams are far more cautious about injuries of all types these days so the inflatable cast might now start to become routine.
If it was only a high ankle sprain maybe immobilizing it until it was diagnosed properly and proper rehab was started was the best thing to do and just maybe helped in the recovery.
Just guessing, tho.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:57 pm

Eaglehawk wrote:
burrrton wrote:

Don't jinx us please! :lol: :lol: :o :o :o ;) ;) ;)

:)

Reject superstitions! Reject jinxes! It's our year whether we talk about it or not!
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:32 pm

burrrton wrote::)

Reject superstitions! Reject jinxes! It's our year whether we talk about it or not!

Well said SPARTAN! :D
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum