Fischer's Goon Squad

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Fischer's Goon Squad

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:42 am

The Rams were out of control yesterday. It's been a long time since Ive seen the numbers of PF's called, even heard one I've never heard before (verbal abuse of an official). There was a lot of talk prior to the game of a payback for Tate's bye bye waive.

IMO the league needs to investigate, talk to the officiating crew and others directly involved in the game, bring Fischer on the carpet and hold him accountable for the behavior of his players. With the stance they've taken on player safety and the precedents they've set by the fines and suspensions they've levied, not to mention the Bounty Gate scandal, they almost have to at least look into it.
RiverDog
Legacy

Re: Fischer's Goon Squad

Postby FolkCrusader » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:51 am

Maybe so, the Ram's certainly melted down yesterday. I think the basic issue is yet another officiating crew showed up with a "I'm gonna control this physical game" attitude. Combine that with a Ram's front seven and teams players that were playing out of control and you get conflict. I think Triplette's crew is one of the better ones, but yesterday they put themselves in the middle of the conflict. Whether they should have, or shouldn't have is another question.
FolkCrusader
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:24 am

RiverDog wrote:The Rams were out of control yesterday. It's been a long time since Ive seen the numbers of PF's called, even heard one I've never heard before (verbal abuse of an official). There was a lot of talk prior to the game of a payback for Tate's bye bye waive.

IMO the league needs to investigate, talk to the officiating crew and others directly involved in the game, bring Fischer on the carpet and hold him accountable for the behavior of his players. With the stance they've taken on player safety and the precedents they've set by the fines and suspensions they've levied, not to mention the Bounty Gate scandal, they almost have to at least look into it.

Naw. It was an on the field issue and we handled it on the field, as it should be. Let 'em stew in it for a while, we don't need to run to the principal.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:02 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:
RiverDog wrote:The Rams were out of control yesterday. It's been a long time since Ive seen the numbers of PF's called, even heard one I've never heard before (verbal abuse of an official). There was a lot of talk prior to the game of a payback for Tate's bye bye waive.

Naw. It was an on the field issue and we handled it on the field, as it should be. Let 'em stew in it for a while, we don't need to run to the principal.

It wasn't just an on field issue, CBob. There was a lot of pre-game talk about retaliation for the Tate bye bye waive.

And I'm not talking about us 'running to the principal.'. The league should take it upon themselves to at least look into it. If they don't find anything, then I'm fine with it. But at least talk to the officiating crew and find out what their thoughts were. Heck, they fine players for what I consider unavoidable hits based on player safety, they are obligated to at least check out the situation with the Rams yesterday.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:03 pm

Meh.
The game's over.
This is what happens in rivalries. If the shoe were on the other foot, I doubt there would be much complaining other than giving away the win.

The coup de grâce was Tate's TD. We'll see what happens next year as I think they are really pizzed now.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Mo the Toe » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:30 pm

I think the Rams gameplan was to be obnoxiously aggressive and get the Hawks to lose their composure and it Back Fired. Another free lesson we for the Lambs "Your not in the Seahawks class physically or mentally".
Mo the Toe
Legacy

Postby Distant Relative » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:03 pm

I think the Hawks were a little out of control themselves several times during the game. I personally was disappointed in lack of control of their emotions and the apparent lack of control that Pete seems to have for the teams behavior. Not arguing the fact that the Rams played bush league ball yesterday but for what was riding on this game I would expect that the Hawks would have backed off and let the Rams get the penalties.

The Seahawks are not only the best team in the NFL, they are the most penalized team. Their 121 penalties are seven more than perennial penalty champ Oakland. This is not acceptable and may be what keeps the ring off their fingers.(copied from a website)
Distant Relative
Legacy

Postby HawkWow » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:20 pm

Not disagreeing with you, RD. We don't all look, or hope, for the exact same things on a football field. But personally, I just love it. Fight fire with fire. You hit me low, I hit you low. Tate got mouthy and they came after him. That's how lessons get learned and that's the law of the land. Tate has commented that he is feeling it today...awesome. He got his ass kicked but had a career day in the process. They showed him, he showed them...and got the last laugh.

I liked the fire the Rams showed yesterday. You and I debated that possibility before the game: "would they show up and play for pride or would they fold".. thinking more about bikinis in the Bahamas ? They answered that question in resounding fashion and further proved my point that they are a team that has to be reckoned with and won't be folding anytime soon. I would be proud to be a Rams fan today and know that the future is very, very bright. Langfords fines may prove to be the best money he ever spent...I'm certain he increased his fan base.
HawkWow
Legacy

Postby Mo the Toe » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:42 pm

The Hawks D always plays on the edge of control. I thought under the circumstances they handled their composure well. The only real obvious penalty was the late hit on their RB by Chancellor. I was impressed with Tate keeping his cool. He was jacked up a few times away from the play. When he made catches he still tried for the extra yard knowing they were trying to punish him.
Mo the Toe
Legacy

Postby HawkWow » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:45 pm

Mo the Toe wrote:The Hawks D always plays on the edge of control. I thought under the circumstances they handled their composure well. The only real obvious penalty was the late hit on their RB by Chancellor. I was impressed with Tate keeping his cool. He was jacked up a few times away from the play. When he made catches he still tried for the extra yard knowing they were trying to punish him.

That play by Kam really pissed me off. Fortunately he got his head out and played solid thereafter. I don't recall a Rams play any dirtier than Kam's hit on Stacy. Those types of hits I don't approve of regardless of bad blood (or what have you). I don't care if a guy, theirs or our, knocks a player out cold as long as it's between the whistles, the sidelines and during the course of a play. That hit by Kam was as unnecessary as it was uncalled for.
HawkWow
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:10 pm

Mo the Toe wrote:The Hawks D always plays on the edge of control. I thought under the circumstances they handled their composure well. The only real obvious penalty was the late hit on their RB by Chancellor. I was impressed with Tate keeping his cool. He was jacked up a few times away from the play. When he made catches he still tried for the extra yard knowing they were trying to punish him.

Yea, stupid play by Chancellor. Those are the types of penalties that really get me upset. I can handle the ticky tacky roughing the passer penalties or the holding penalty that negated a TD (Okung was getting beat), but those types of late hits are completely within our control.

Tate aged 20 years mentally yesterday. He took a beating yet he resisted the urge to either retaliate or engage in more trash talking. He gets my game ball.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Distant Relative » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:18 pm

I think Kam got caught up in all the after the whistle tussling's. No excuse though. I wonder If the Hawks next opponent will try to ruffle their Feathers?

Don't poke the Hawk!
Distant Relative
Legacy

Postby HawkWow » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:26 pm

Distant Relative wrote:I think Kam got caught up in all the after the whistle tussling's. No excuse though. I wonder If the Hawks next opponent will try to ruffle their Feathers?

Don't poke the Hawk!

The saving grace, for me, was that I felt it was definitely out of character.
HawkWow
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:32 am

If you replay the hit by Chancellor the player was whistled down but kept crawling forward leading to Cams strike. Cam is a missile, I love him. He isnt dirty, hes just the reincarnation of Ken easly as a hard hitting safety. As to the forum topic, the Rams are punks. Those refs(horrible crew BTW like most of them) started out inspecting the Hawks but in the end even they got fed up with the bush league childishness. Awesome win, Ive hated the Rams since Seattle joined the division, always great to smash them. Zach Stacy 15 yards on 15 carries LOL.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:14 am

Hawktawk wrote:If you replay the hit by Chancellor the player was whistled down but kept crawling forward leading to Cams strike. Cam is a missile, I love him. He isnt dirty, hes just the reincarnation of Ken easly as a hard hitting safety. As to the forum topic, the Rams are punks. Those refs(horrible crew BTW like most of them) started out inspecting the Hawks but in the end even they got fed up with the bush league childishness. Awesome win, Ive hated the Rams since Seattle joined the division, always great to smash them. Zach Stacy 15 yards on 15 carries LOL.

He was down by contact, and Kam could clearly see that he was down by contact. Runners try to scramble up all the time after they've gone down, but that doesn't give the defender a license to deliver a late hit if they've heard the whistle. The penalty was legitimate.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:35 pm

Oh I agree the penalty was legit but I dont think it was intentional though.He got his body moving and didnt get off the gas pedal fast enough. I think thats the first time in 2 seasons I remember him getting flagged for a late hit. Its ok though he is feared by recievers and offensive skill players throughout the league, Cam is just a deadly weapon, a cobra, a jaguar. Hes not a dirty player.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby HawkWow » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:55 pm

Knowing what we know about Kam, my guess is he's not happy with his actions on that play either. Kam is a great person and leader. After Stacy running wild on us in the first game, embarrassing Kam and our D, I think Kam just got caught up in the moment and I wouldn't be stunned if he offered apology to Stacy sometime after. The hit was dirty, Kam is not.
HawkWow
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:10 pm

Hello fellow former P-I posters (try to say that 3 times fast)

I guess I need to check my e-mail more often, I just discovered this site was now open. I suffered through the last two Seahawk games over on Blue. They called me "Debbie Downer" LOL when I complained about the effort against the Cardinals.

The dirty play I didn't like by the Rams was when their CB hit GT either in the face or the throat and completely decked him as soon as the ball was snapped. It had been a pass play and I think that the chuck was excessive. I know the defense gets one hit but completely decking a receiver is extreme in my mind. It must have legal or it would have been flagged but it was dirty.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:14 pm

Welcome aboard 4E!
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:51 am

Seahawks4Ever wrote:Hello fellow former P-I posters (try to say that 3 times fast)

I guess I need to check my e-mail more often, I just discovered this site was now open. I suffered through the last two Seahawk games over on Blue. They called me "Debbie Downer" LOL when I complained about the effort against the Cardinals.

The dirty play I didn't like by the Rams was when their CB hit GT either in the face or the throat and completely decked him as soon as the ball was snapped. It had been a pass play and I think that the chuck was excessive. I know the defense gets one hit but completely decking a receiver is extreme in my mind. It must have legal or it would have been flagged but it was dirty.

Welcome to The Shack!

I think I remember that play you were talking about. I'll admit that it was borderline, but still legal, which is my definition of a clean play. Our DB's do a pretty good job of roughing up receivers, too. Tate did one helluva job vs. the Rams and gets my game ball. That little guy is as tough as nails. He took a lick'in and kept on tick'in, and did so while living up to his promise not to taunt anymore. Mentally he's matured 20 years between the two Rams games.
RiverDog
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum