Hehe- Still plenty of tickets for GB/SF game

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Hehe- Still plenty of tickets for GB/SF game

Postby burrrton » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:13 pm

burrrton
Legacy

Re: Hehe- Still plenty of tickets for GB/SF game

Postby Distant Relative » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:34 pm

It may have to do with it being around 6 degrees at game time with 14 mph wind.

This weather won't bode well for the 9er's.
Distant Relative
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:37 pm

Surprising, but I'm pretty sure they'll sell out. I know and have known a lot of Packer backers, and they're serious fans.

Sounds to me like they messed up marketing only to season ticket holders and putting a 4 ticket limit on it, which is probably why it's slow to sell out, but I'll be shocked if they're blacked.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby HawkWow » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:45 pm

The bowling alleys must be killing it!
HawkWow
Legacy

Postby HawkWow » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:51 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:Surprising, but I'm pretty sure they'll sell out. I know and have known a lot of Packer backers, and they're serious fans.

Sounds to me like they messed up marketing only to season ticket holders and putting a 4 ticket limit on it, which is probably why it's slow to sell out, but I'll be shocked if they're blacked.

Arguably the best fans in the world. I've never heard of an empty seat at Lambeau (I once lived in GB). If the seats don't sell, I'm sure there's a pool set aside by the fans (owners) that would purchase them, preventing a black out. OTOH, It's quite possible they don't know what a black out is in GB.
HawkWow
Legacy

Postby Distant Relative » Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:01 pm

Crazy how low the ticket prices are to!

Section105Row39Seats1 - 2DescriptionPrice Level 10
LOWER LEVEL OF STADIUM
TypeFULL PRICE ADULTTicket PriceUS $111.75 x 2
Price Details Close
Price Details
TypeFULL PRICE ADULTTicket PriceUS $102.00 x 2Service FeeUS $9.75 x 2

SUBTOTAL*US $223.50
Distant Relative
Legacy

Postby daweez » Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:24 pm

The reason our tickets sold out so fast is the scalpers. Ticketmaster and Seahawks allow scalpers to use bots and they grab up all the tickets then they sell them on stubhub and such sites at extremely inflated prices.
daweez
Legacy

Postby Distant Relative » Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:43 pm

daweez wrote:The reason our tickets sold out so fast is the scalpers. Ticketmaster and Seahawks allow scalpers to use bots and they grab up all the tickets then they sell them on stubhub and such sites at extremely inflated prices.

I guess the scalpers didn't want tickets to this game then huh? :lol:
Distant Relative
Legacy

Postby Hawkstar » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:12 pm

Green Bay does it right. Their fans will end up in those seats. I attended the "we want the ball and we're gonna score game" (ugh..) Far and away the best away fans I've ever encountered.
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:07 pm

Hawkstar wrote:Green Bay does it right. Their fans will end up in those seats. I attended the "we want the ball and we're gonna score game" (ugh..) Far and away the best away fans I've ever encountered.

I've heard that, too. I'd love to go to a game there someday, but in September or October.

This is a bit of a down year for them, according to their recent standards, but given that they are one of the most dedicated fan bases in the league, it's very surprising. This doesn't bode well for the league's plans to expand the playoffs.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:00 am

It would appear that the Packers aren't the only team that's having difficulty selling out their playoff game. There are large numbers of unsold tickets in Cincinnati and Indianapolis, too. And just in case you think that the cold weather might have something to do with it, the Colts play indoors and have sold out 137 of their last 138 games. They're talking about blackouts in three cities, including Green Bay. Can you imagine the Packer Backers not being able to watch their team in the playoffs? They need to sell out 72 hours in advance of the game to avoid a blackout.

Interesting tidbit here...."Ticket sales weren't a problem for the Seattle Seahawks on Tuesday, with the team saying it sold out in less than 30 minutes."

The larger question is has the NFL overplayed their hand? Have they bumped the price of tickets to such a degree that fans are no longer willing to tolerate ever increading ticket prices? Or is it just the post-holiday blues that has caused people to cut back on their expenditures? How will this effect any playoff expansion plans the league might be entertaining?
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:34 pm

Green Bay does it right. Their fans will end up in those seats.

Er, who do you think ends up paying scalpers?

Inflated prices, while aggravating, make it more likely, not less, that those who really, really, really want to be at the game end up there.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby HawkWow » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:55 pm

When I lived back there as a kid, 90% of the time in Milwaukee, The Packers played half of their homes games in GB, the other half in Milwaukee's creepy county stadium where both teams shared the same sideline and chances were good you'd get mugged for your soft pretzel.

Now, Milwaukee with a relatively new stadium and GB apparently struggling to sell tickets, maybe it's time for the Packers to reconsider that old format. But with the residents of GB being the team's owners, while making such a move would probably be smart...it's also probably unlikely.

To anyone contemplating a visit to GB, I would encourage you to do so. Beautiful, smallish town with tons of outdoor activity and wildlife, regardless of the season, it's a great place to visit.
HawkWow
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:10 pm

HawkWow wrote:When I lived back there as a kid, 90% of the time in Milwaukee, The Packers played half of their homes games in GB, the other half in Milwaukee's creepy county stadium where both teams shared the same sideline and chances were gooPeoppld you'd get mugged for your soft pretzel.

Now, Milwaukee with a relatively new stadium and GB apparently struggling to sell tickets, maybe it's time for the Packers to reconsider that old format. But with the residents of GB being the team's owners, while making such a move would probably be smart...it's also probably unlikely.

To anyone contemplating a visit to GB, I would encourage you to do so. Beautiful, smallish town with tons of outdoor activity and wildlife, regardless of the season, it's a great place to visit.

It's only the playoffs that the Packers are having trouble trying to sell tickets. They have a waiting list of nearly 100,000 for season tickets, and they're going to add more seats to Lambeau. There is zero chance the Pack will play any home games in Milwaukee anytime soon.

IMO the NFL had better wait until they get their current playoff tickets sold before they consider expanding them. Having to black out a playoff game, especially in the hottest of hotbeds in Green Bay, would be a huge embarrassment. People aren't going to plop down a couple hundred bucks to sit in a nose bleed section right after they've already shot their wad during the holidays.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby HawkWow » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:49 pm

Understood, RD, but if they're having difficulty selling play-off tickets, I'd consider that reason for concern. There is no major population center near GB. Milwaukee, with easier access from Chicago and Madison (and other large cities where former Wisconsinites may reside) has access to millions of potential ticket buyers.

Further, GB isn't exactly a bustling metropolis with a booming economy (nor is Milwaukee any longer). I have to assume that's part of the problem....cuz I know it's not the prediction of cold weather keeping those seats from being filled. Not arguing your point that the Pack would not want to play (again) in *Milwaukee, I'm just saying it's an option they should consider, and I'm sure they have, if only for the playoffs (j/k).

* I suppose I still feel chapped from the games being pulled from Milwaukee. That sucked for us that got a break from the hellhole that is Milwaukee Wisc., by catching the Packers a few times a year.
HawkWow
Legacy

Postby FolkCrusader » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:05 pm

The reason GB is having trouble selling tickets is simple, many fans don't believe the team is good enough to beat SF. They don't want to pay all that money for disappointment. Many of their "fans" were calling to IR Rodgers and fold it up when they were still in the running for the division championship. The fan base is good, but they are spoiled thinking that anything below 12-4 is a bad season. Personally I think it will be an interesting game, but the only way GB wins is if Rogers has an epic day. Anyone think Rodgers is capable of having an epic day?
FolkCrusader
Legacy

Postby HawkWow » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:13 pm

...not after missing 8 weeks of practice, I don't.

I've noticed fan bases changing around the league. I blame this change on today's culture, demanding of instant gratification. It's this very reason MMA is killing boxing. People no longer are willing to wait for good things to happen...if it doesn't happen now...they don't want it. I can think of no better barometer to prove this than the topic of this thread. When Packer fans pull such crap, hell has finally frozen over.
HawkWow
Legacy

Postby Distant Relative » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:38 pm

FolkCrusader wrote:The reason GB is having trouble selling tickets is simple, many fans don't believe the team is good enough to beat SF. They don't want to pay all that money for disappointment. Many of their "fans" were calling to IR Rodgers and fold it up when they were still in the running for the division championship. The fan base is good, but they are spoiled thinking that anything below 12-4 is a bad season. Personally I think it will be an interesting game, but the only way GB wins is if Rogers has an epic day. Anyone think Rodgers is capable of having an epic day?

So what's your reasoning about why Indy and Cinci still haven't sold out?
Distant Relative
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:50 pm

Distant Relative wrote:
FolkCrusader wrote:The reason GB is having trouble selling tickets is simple, many fans don't believe the team is good enough to beat SF. They don't want to pay all that money for disappointment. Many of their "fans" were calling to IR Rodgers and fold it up when they were still in the running for the division championship. The fan base is good, but they are spoiled thinking that anything below 12-4 is a bad season. Personally I think it will be an interesting game, but the only way GB wins is if Rogers has an epic day. Anyone think Rodgers is capable of having an epic day?

Post Christmas blues. People, with a few exceptions, are not willing to fork out money for tickets at inflated prices right after they've spent many hundreds on Christmas gifts. A lot of season ticket holders have already maxed out their budgets.

The NFL needs to recognize this reality and not charge such outrageous prices for playoff tickets.

And then there are the Seahawks, who sold out all available playoff tickets in less than 30 minutes.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Distant Relative » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:08 pm

RiverDog wrote:
Distant Relative wrote:

Post Christmas blues. People, with a few exceptions, are not willing to fork out money for tickets at inflated prices right after they've spent many hundreds on Christmas gifts. A lot of season ticket holders have already maxed out their budgets.

The NFL needs to recognize this reality and not charge such outrageous prices for playoff tickets.

And then there are the Seahawks, who sold out all available playoff tickets in less than 30 minutes.

There are still tickets available for 3 play off games for under 100.00 a ticket. I don't find that outrageous. What I do find outrageous is paying for a Hawks ticket in the 300 level at 500.00 a pop because I wasn't able to buy a Hawks playoff ticket online or by phone due to the demand.

As much as I want to be at the Hawks playoff game there's no way I'm willing to pay 5 times the face value to a person that bought the tickets to profit from them.

Says a lot about our fan base though doesn't it, the fact this little market sold out in about 30 minutes?
Distant Relative
Legacy

Postby daweez » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:15 pm

burrrton wrote:
Green Bay does it right. Their fans will end up in those seats.

Er, who do you think ends up paying scalpers?

Inflated prices, while aggravating, make it more likely, not less, that those who really, really, really want to be at the game end up there.

Not true. A lot of those that really, really, really want to can not afford the inflated prices of the a$$wipe scalpers.
daweez
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:02 pm

daweez wrote:Not true. A lot of those that really, really, really want to can not afford the inflated prices of the a$$wipe scalpers.

No, that just means not *everybody* who wants to really, really go will do so. High prices guarantee a higher level of commitment.

I'm not saying that's ideal, or even better- just that the idea that cheap tickets means better/more fans in the stands is nonsense.

Again, it's aggravating, but that's life.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:33 am

burrrton wrote:
daweez wrote:Not true. A lot of those that really, really, really want to can not afford the inflated prices of the a$$wipe scalpers.

No, that just means not *everybody* who wants to really, really go will do so. High prices guarantee a higher level of commitment.

I'm not saying that's ideal, or even better- just that the idea that cheap tickets means better/more fans in the stands is nonsense.

Again, it's aggravating, but that's life.

Sentiment understood. Not that I like the situation, but what can one do other than boycott the NFL? Guys like Alex Jones call for a boycott of the NFL almost every year, and nothing happens. People need their distraction. It doesn't mean that they are not awake to other stuff going on, its just that, as any other hobby, its relaxing and fun. I don't like people getting shafted with high ticket prices. However the market determines this. And with scalpers I say: Caveat Emptor.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum