Hawk Shack Moderator

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Hawk Shack Moderator

Postby yoder » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:36 pm

Hey folks, I wanted to introduce you to Makena. We've known each other since childhood and he is the most dedicated Seahawk fan that I know. His family has been season ticket holders since the very beginning (1976). He has offered to help me with moderation and is using the name ShackMod (as well as Makena).

Just wanted to introduce you all!
yoder
Site Admin

Re: Hawk Shack Moderator

Postby NorthHawk » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:42 pm

Hey Makena - thanks for helping out. I'm sure you will be a big help to Yoder as it could take up a lot of his time.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby ShackMod » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:44 pm

NorthHawk wrote:Hey Makena - thanks for helping out. I'm sure you will be a big help to Yoder as it could take up a lot of his time.

Thanks and thats what I'm here for. If there are any issues or questions, please ask! I'm going to set up a forum for Q&A. Also, there is an FAQ at the top right of the screen for the basics...
ShackMod
Site Admin

Postby FolkCrusader » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:52 pm

Thanks for agreeing to be a moderator Makena, have fun :)
FolkCrusader
Legacy

Postby Hawkstar » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:57 pm

Hey Makena! Did you post over at the PI? I wasnt a frequent poster, but an avid reader. It's only been a couple of days that I havent dropped by the PI just out of habit.

Thanks for helping out. We appreciate all you guys have done.
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby Steady_Hawk » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:28 pm

Sup Makena!

Luckily, you won't have any issues with the normal PI posters, just a few choice morons that may try to jump on board, and we'll happily let you know who they are when they try. :twisted:

Other than that, it should be smooth sailing!

Thank you for helping out Yoder as well.
Steady_Hawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:38 pm

Hi, Makena! Thanks for pitching in and volunteering to help out.

BTW, even though I'm not able to attend many Hawk games in person, when I do go, I'll always be wearing my Nike home blue #12 with "River Dog" proudly emblazed on my back. If you happen to see me, ID yourself as a forum participant and I'll gladly buy you a beverage of your choice.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Feez » Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:58 pm

cool thing you both are doing here thanks Yoder and Makena
Feez
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:02 pm

Yup, thanks Yoder and Mak! Love what you've done with the place :D
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:03 pm

Hey Makena - I also appreciate you helping out.
Anthony
Legacy

Postby ShackMod » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:11 pm

RiverDog wrote:Hi, Makena! Thanks for pitching in and volunteering to help out.

BTW, even though I'm not able to attend many Hawk games in person, when I do go, I'll always be wearing my Nike home blue #12 with "River Dog" proudly emblazed on my back. If you happen to see me, ID yourself as a forum participant and I'll gladly buy you a beverage of your choice.

Thats really nice of you! I'm there every home game... I'm all about reciprocating! I hit up the Owl "n" thistle before the game quite often. Can't beat the free hot dogs... ;)
ShackMod
Site Admin

Postby hoxgmp » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:13 pm

Thanks, Yoder, Mak. We need the combo. You guys are doing a great job.
hoxgmp
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:20 pm

Hi Makena - thanks for assuming the responsibility. I appreciate the work that Yoder has done and what you and Yoder will be doing here in the future.
savvyman
Legacy

Postby rottweiler » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:02 pm

Hello Makena.

I am all kinds of rotten.

SO GLAD THIS SITE IS UP AND RUNNING!!! GOD BLESS YODER!!!
rottweiler
Legacy

Postby Hawkstar » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:05 pm

rottweiler wrote:Hello Makena.

I am all kinds of rotten.

SO GLAD THIS SITE IS UP AND RUNNING!!! GOD BLESS YODER!!!

Yo Rott! Nice to see you here.
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:57 pm

Good stuff Makena! Thanks for helping out.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:45 pm

Hey Makena - Thanks for your time to help keep this on the up and up:)
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:24 am

ShackMod wrote:

Thats really nice of you! I'm there every home game... I'm all about reciprocating! I hit up the Owl "n" thistle before the game quite often. Can't beat the free hot dogs... ;)

It doesn't look like I'll be able to make the Cards game, but I might be able to go to the Rams game on the 29th. My make out is FX for breakfast, Slugger's to watch the early games, then I usually hook up with a friend or two at Elysian Fields 45 minutes or so before kickoff. Keep an eye out for me, there can't be too many #12 River Dogs out there.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:41 am

Welcome onboard Makana... that's a very Hawaiian name. You got ties to the islands?

js
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby ShackMod » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:02 pm

jshawaii22 wrote:Welcome onboard Makana... that's a very Hawaiian name. You got ties to the islands?

js

I do... I got family and friends all over the place. Maui (AKA big beach or Makena beach next little beach), Oahu, Lanai, and the Big Island.
ShackMod
Site Admin

Postby ShackMod » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:04 pm

RiverDog wrote:
ShackMod wrote:

It doesn't look like I'll be able to make the Cards game, but I might be able to go to the Rams game on the 29th. My make out is FX for breakfast, Slugger's to watch the early games, then I usually hook up with a friend or two at Elysian Fields 45 minutes or so before kickoff. Keep an eye out for me, there can't be too many #12 River Dogs out there.

Will do man! Sounds awesome... I don't wear any gear that distinguishes me from other fans. Just my 12th man jersey and a hat. I know it's ambiguous but I'll keep an eye out.
ShackMod
Site Admin

Postby HawkWow » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:52 am

ShackMod wrote:
jshawaii22 wrote:Welcome onboard Makana... that's a very Hawaiian name. You got ties to the islands?

js

I do... I got family and friends all over the place. Maui (AKA big beach or Makena beach next little beach), Oahu, Lanai, and the Big Island.

My hanai nephew's name is Makena. He was apparently created on that beach..or the golf course, I forget which. I live Kauai, work Honolulu (sometimes Kaanapali). Starting to see more and more Hawk fans in these parts, less and less 9er fans. ; ) Aloha.
HawkWow
Legacy

Postby makena » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:08 am

HawkWow wrote:
ShackMod wrote:

js

My hanai nephew's name is Makena. He was apparently created on that beach..or the golf course, I forget which. I live Kauai, work Honolulu (sometimes Kaanapali). Starting to see more and more Hawk fans in these parts, less and less 9er fans. ; ) Aloha.

Thats awsome! My buddy if from Oahu and lives around Pearl City/Aiea. He is a "HUGE" hawks fan and always bitches to me about the 49er fans. He has mentioned the same thing about being more hawk fans. I like to see the hawk nation expanding!
makena
Legacy

Postby HawkWow » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:37 pm

I do my best to be on Kauai on weekends, but understand 'The Shack' in Kailua has pretty much turned into a Seahawk hangout(!). I had friends there last weekend that were texting me pics of the crowd. They felt there was no less than 40 Hawk fans in attendance. Kailua's not exactly around the corner, but if any Hawk fans are visiting Oahu, 'The Shack' (coincidently) sounds like the place to be.

BTW...The Shack in Hawaii kai not so much. So visitors please don't confuse the two. Caution should be used late evening at the Hawaii Kai shack . Nice area, but not always nice patrons. This I know.

Are you not in Hawaii Mekena?
HawkWow
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum