The "Forgotten" Hawks

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

The "Forgotten" Hawks

Postby Irish Greg 2.0 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:34 am

I am using the term forgotten loosely...just a list of some of the guys we haven't seen much (or anything) from this season.

Which one of the following do you think will have the biggest impact next season?

LB Korey Toomer (reserve non football injury list all season)
DT Jesse Williams (IR all season)
TE Anthony McCoy (IR all season / free agent)
CB Tharold Simon (PUP all season)
DE Greg Scruggs (PUP all season)
WR Sidney Rice (IR half the season / possible cap casualty)
FB/RB Spencer Ware (IR half the season)

What say you?

I think there's a very slim chance Sidney comes back, barring a massive restructure.

I think they will have genuine interest in keeping McCoy.
Irish Greg 2.0
Legacy

Re: The "Forgotten" Hawks

Postby RiverDog » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:50 am

IMO the player on your list with the biggest potential upside is Jesse Williams.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:34 am

I know all teams do it, but I can't help wonder if some of the IR designations are in fact to stash players with good potential away from other teams that might be looking.

Rice seems to be too expensive.
Simon is a guy I think they wanted to stash away for next year giving him a chance to fully compete next year after learning the philosophy.
Scruggs might be a guy they like but had no room for and considering at least one of the FAs signed on Defense was to a 1 year contract it might have been a strategic move.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Steady_Hawk » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:39 am

Jesse Williams hands down.
Steady_Hawk
Legacy

Postby Irish Greg 2.0 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:53 am

NorthHawk wrote:I know all teams do it, but I can't help wonder if some of the IR designations are in fact to stash players with good potential away from other teams that might be looking.

Rice seems to be too expensive.
Simon is a guy I think they wanted to stash away for next year giving him a chance to fully compete next year after learning the philosophy.
Scruggs might be a guy they like but had no room for and considering at least one of the FAs signed on Defense was to a 1 year contract it might have been a strategic move.

Definitely some stashing going on here. Toomer is an interesting one...there hasn't been a single word what his "non football injury" is and yet he's been wiped out for 9 months (going back to the off-season)?

Simon is definitely a stash.
Irish Greg 2.0
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:19 pm

Anthony McCoy.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Hawkstar » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:21 pm

I was pretty excited about the Jesse Williams pick, hopefully he's recovered from the knee injury that sidelined him. Getting him back next year is like an extra 2nd -3rd round draft selection.

Simon is another guy I'd like to see more of.

AM drove me crazy with the drops.
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby Irish Greg 2.0 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:33 pm

McCoy dropped a few, but he also had some huge plays for us last season.
Irish Greg 2.0
Legacy

Postby Hawkstar » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:35 pm

Irish Greg 2.0 wrote:McCoy dropped a few, but he also had some huge plays for us last season.

For sure. He played way better last season than his prior.
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby Irish Greg 2.0 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:43 pm

They ultimately want Luke Willson to be that "deep threat" TE type. I've been surprised they haven't used him much in that role this season...most of his catches are short, except his TD vs SF.

Would love to see him running seam routes - he is a big mismatch for a safety, not to mention LBs (as Willis found out).
Irish Greg 2.0
Legacy

Postby SeahawksFan#1 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:10 pm

I'm probably alone in this thinking, but I really would like to see Sidney Rice come back and be given another chance, but I am sure that is unlikely given his salary.
SeahawksFan#1
Legacy

Postby Irish Greg 2.0 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:13 pm

SeahawksFan#1 wrote:I'm probably alone in this thinking, but I really would like to see Sidney Rice come back and be given another chance, but I am sure that is unlikely given his salary.

I love Sidney. I want him back as well, but not at "#1 money". He makes too much money for the production we get...granted, that's not his fault - it's the design of our offense.

He's one of the fat checks we need to do something about in order to keep Thomas, Sherman and Wilson in the next few years.
Irish Greg 2.0
Legacy

Postby SeahawksFan#1 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:15 pm

Irish Greg 2.0 wrote:
SeahawksFan#1 wrote:I'm probably alone in this thinking, but I really would like to see Sidney Rice come back and be given another chance, but I am sure that is unlikely given his salary.

I love Sidney. I want him back as well, but not at "#1 money". He makes too much money for the production we get...granted, that's not his fault - it's the design of our offense.

He's one of the fat checks we need to do something about in order to keep Thomas, Sherman and Wilson in the next few years.

Exactly, which is why I don't think we'll be able to keep him around, Harvin might have to restructure as well, even though he's not in danger of getting cut.
SeahawksFan#1
Legacy

Postby Steady_Hawk » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:24 pm

You don't want to rock the boat with Harvin. Monetary relief will most likely come from the subtraction of Rice, Clemmons and possibly Zack Miller if one of those highly rated TE's falls into our lap in the upcoming draft. That's about 25 Mil right there.
Steady_Hawk
Legacy

Postby SeahawksFan#1 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:28 pm

Steady_Hawk wrote:You don't want to rock the boat with Harvin. Monetary relief will most likely come from the subtraction of Rice, Clemmons and possibly Zack Miller if one of those highly rated TE's falls into our lap in the upcoming draft. That's about 25 Mil right there.

Steady,

I agree with you on that, I was just throwing my idea out there as an option, an unlikely one though.
SeahawksFan#1
Legacy

Postby monkey » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:14 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:Anthony McCoy.

Just who I was going to say.

Good to see IG here BTW.
monkey
Legacy

Postby Vegaseahawk » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:46 pm

Fredd Young! Lol
Vegaseahawk
Legacy

Postby Oly » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:22 pm

It seems unlikely to me that Williams will ever see the field from what I've heard, so I'd go with McCoy. But if Williams is recovered, then I think he'd be the pick.
Oly
Legacy

Postby Hawkstar » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:25 pm

Oly wrote:It seems unlikely to me that Williams will ever see the field from what I've heard, so I'd go with McCoy. But if Williams is recovered, then I think he'd be the pick.

What have you heard about Williams?
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:27 am

Tough to say.
I'm not particularly big on any of these guys, really, and not sure how much they'll see the field anyhow.
By default, I guess I'd go with McCoy.
In addition to Rice's contract, the guy simply can't be relied on, and it's the latter that will have as much to do with him leaving as the money.
Almost:)
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:00 am

Irish Greg 2.0 wrote:They ultimately want Luke Willson to be that "deep threat" TE type. I've been surprised they haven't used him much in that role this season...most of his catches are short, except his TD vs SF.

Would love to see him running seam routes - he is a big mismatch for a safety, not to mention LBs (as Willis found out).

I'd also like to see them take advantage of his size and capability of creating mismatches in the red zone, like we did with Jeremay Stevens and Joe Juravicious a few years back.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Irish Greg 2.0 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:11 am

monkey wrote:

Good to see IG here BTW.

You too, monkey!
Irish Greg 2.0
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:43 am

Irish Greg 2.0 wrote:
monkey wrote:

Good to see IG here BTW.

You too, monkey!

Seriously though brother, the PI forum was never the same after you left and I just haven't been able to warm to .net ... it really is good seeing you posting here. And I know ObS is lurking, now if we could drag swinny back this place would really feel like the good old days of "the virtual water cooler" ... (of course I remember that article!)
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Irish Greg 2.0 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:02 pm

I hear that! I've never found a better forum than the old P.I. days. What a great assembly of characters, smarts and opinions. Most of all, good people. I've been blessed to have been able to attend games with the likes of you, River and Zoom over the years.

I've been a member of .Net forever. I used to write for them back in the day. It's lost a lot of it's allure lately...too much elitism and labeling and drama, for my taste. I find myself posting here more and more.

Would love to find/track down the old guard... Swin, Tennessee, BD, Heavy, all those cats.
Irish Greg 2.0
Legacy

Postby monkey » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:20 pm

Irish Greg 2.0 wrote:I hear that! I've never found a better forum than the old P.I. days. What a great assembly of characters, smarts and opinions. Most of all, good people. I've been blessed to have been able to attend games with the likes of you, River and Zoom over the years.

I've been a member of .Net forever. I used to write for them back in the day. It's lost a lot of it's allure lately...too much elitism and labeling and drama, for my taste. I find myself posting here more and more.

Would love to find/track down the old guard... Swin, Tennessee, BD, Heavy, all those cats.

I keep wondering whatever happened to Bluefoot. He was writing for some forum or another after we sort of stopped doing the 12 Seahawks Street blogspot, but that was the last I'd heard from him.
monkey
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum