Niners at Green Bay: Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Do the Whiners have a chance at the Pack in a possible -30° Farenheit?

Yes. They. Are. From. The. N. F. C. West. And. We. Are. All. Just. That. Good.
53%
No. They talk about that cold Bay Area wind, but they're just sissy boys who'll get something "pushed in" this weekend.
27%
I guess I'm really not sure — but I blame George W. Bush.
20%

Total votes : 15

Niners at Green Bay: Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Postby rottweiler » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:47 pm

Think the Whiners can play in Scandinavian-esque temperatures?

Expected to be as low as -30° Farenheit at Lambeau this weekend.
rottweiler
Legacy

Re: Niners at Green Bay: Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Postby Hawkstar » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:17 pm

Certainly nothing comfy about -30, but the 9'ers style of play will give them a better shot at winning. Their power run game will much more efficient than trying to throw/catch a frozen football. The game will take a huge physical toll on both teams, particularly the backs. Cant imagine falling on Concrete 25 times, let alone a few hundred pounds of person slamming you into it.

Let's hope for overtime... really wear em out!
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:29 pm

It will be must see TV. Having played the game in cold weather nothing hurts worse than getting , hitting someone, or trying to catch a football in bitter cold. And I was a high school kid playing in 25 degree weather. I cant imagine these guys being out in that playing NFL ball for 3 hrs. I dont know who will win but I assure you there will be guys who quit, pull up lame, find an excuse to get to the bench. IMO this scenario affects both teams but favors the home team slightly. It reminds me a little bit of the brown bag 7-9 Hawks facing the Saints in 2010. And I have no macho desire as a fan to face the 9ers again this year. I would love watching them get pounded on this weekend.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Irish Greg 2.0 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:32 pm

Have fun, Whiners!

The good news for SF is they get to play the Packers defense, and without Clay Matthews. They will be able to score.
Irish Greg 2.0
Legacy

Postby Steady_Hawk » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:42 pm

Irish Greg 2.0 wrote:Have fun, Whiners!

The good news for SF is they get to play the Packers defense, and without Clay Matthews. They will be able to score.

Bad news for the Niners, their best CB is out for this game. This is probably going to be a high scoring game. I think a lot of Niners will get carted off the field with vaginal frostbite.
Steady_Hawk
Legacy

Postby Irish Greg 2.0 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:54 pm

Carlos Rogers? He hasn't been ruled out yet.

Niners have owned the Packers the last 3 times they have played. Discount Daaaaable check needs to put up or shut up.
Irish Greg 2.0
Legacy

Postby Steady_Hawk » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:56 pm

Wow, over at the Niner webzone someone mentioned the ball becoming as hard as a rock in the sub-degree weather. Kaps lack of touch might break some fingers Sunday, and I'm not being facetious.
Steady_Hawk
Legacy

Postby Irish Greg 2.0 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:59 pm

Yeah, that's STUPID cold. I've played football with the temps in the teens, and it was rough.

-30 wind chill?? Holy crap.

Running games will be worked.
Irish Greg 2.0
Legacy

Postby SeahawksFan#1 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:07 pm

I'm blaming George Bush for this whole thing lol. J\k. Seriously, it will be tough for the 49ers to win with the crazy weather problems, the rival in me says forget the Whiners they suck, but the objective analyst\radio host in me says this will be a really good game.
SeahawksFan#1
Legacy

Postby Mo the Toe » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:28 pm

I've just can't decide if it's an advantage for either team. All I can come up with is it's a disadvantage to both teams. It will be tough to throw or kick so I guess the team that runs the ball and is most physical will win. Important to keep the hands, feet and balls warm.
Mo the Toe
Legacy

Postby SeahawksFan#1 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:30 pm

Mo the Toe wrote:I've just can't decide if it's an advantage for either team. All I can come up with is it's a disadvantage to both teams. It will be tough to throw or kick so I guess the team that runs the ball and is most physical will win. Important to keep the hands, feet and balls warm.

If you're going to give the nod to any team, give it to the Packers they are used to playing in this weather.
SeahawksFan#1
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:33 pm

Damn, that's cold. Originally, I gave the nod to the Pack, but there comes a point were even If a team is used to the cold, it no longer is an advantage, and-30 certainly falls into that category. The Packers aren't anymore "used" to-30 than the Niners ( since they have never played in that type of cold) should be fun to watch both teams suffer... LOL
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:34 pm

Mo the Toe wrote:I've just can't decide if it's an advantage for either team. All I can come up with is it's a disadvantage to both teams. It will be tough to throw or kick so I guess the team that runs the ball and is most physical will win. Important to keep the hands, feet and balls warm.

My first million dollar design, "Ball Warmers" Lol...
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Mo the Toe » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:43 pm

I read somewhere that the pack are 3-4 at Lambeau when the temp is below 5 degrees. Thats 7 more games than the 9'ers have probably played like that. I bet GB has an idea of what works in this kind of weather. And there is probably so homefield advantages for keeping warm.
Mo the Toe
Legacy

Postby Irish Greg 2.0 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:45 pm

Well, there is not much in the way of X's and O's to it. It's way too cold to rely on a passing game, so both teams will be run heavy.
Irish Greg 2.0
Legacy

Postby Steady_Hawk » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:48 pm

Would it be something like this HC?

http://www.thegoofygiftshop.com/weenie_warmers.php
Steady_Hawk
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:04 pm

The Niners have the advantage up front on both sides of the ball, and while that should be all that needs to be said in a game of this sort it also figures to be a close, low scoring game and I'd rather Have Rogers down the stretch in a tight one than Kap.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:30 pm

I have no idea which team will be able to handle the cold weather. Logic tells me that since the Niners have the better running game, they would have an advantage. But who knows. In conditions that adverse, who knows which team will be able to handle the weather better. All it takes is for a couple of fumbled snaps or a miffed punt and the game could turn.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:04 pm

Steady_Hawk wrote:Would it be something like this HC?

http://www.thegoofygiftshop.com/weenie_warmers.php

Damn you world, all the best ideas are gone....... LOL
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Distant Relative » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:09 pm

Screw the football, I just hope the can keep the cameras on. Can you imagine being a cameraman in this game?
Distant Relative
Legacy

Postby Steady_Hawk » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:27 pm

Apparently the game may be delayed until they can remove all of the new inhabitants.

Steady_Hawk
Legacy

Postby Distant Relative » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:50 pm

Starks, Kuhn and Lacy will probably out rush the 9er's and will win the game. I just don't see Gore holding up the whole game. The weather will take a toll on him and I think RB depth is in GB's favor.
Distant Relative
Legacy

Postby Distant Relative » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:02 pm

Irish Greg 2.0 wrote:Carlos Rogers? He hasn't been ruled out yet.

Niners have owned the Packers the last 3 times they have played. Discount Daaaaable check needs to put up or shut up.

Not ruled out yet but hasn't practiced either and is listed as questionable as of today with "Hamstring".

Hamstrings are tricky and with the weather ( temps at around zero degrees) at game time a Hammy will be hard to warm up much less stay warm.

Go Packers!
Distant Relative
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:52 pm

Everyone here including the Poster(Man's best friend) understands the logic.
We are from the NFC West.
We are the strongest division in football.
For that reason and for that reason alone they beat the living snot out of the Packers. Cold or no cold. So you have my vote.

Now that being said. Personally speaking I have been visiting their Forums. And the Niners fans, 50 percent at 49erzone are a bunch of smug, high and mighty, "I got my 5 rings where are yours" type of people. They Whine, they want to kick our ass back at the Clink, they will never lose in Green Bay. It won't be as easy as they think. But by the numbers they should win, (if I take out cold weather play numbers for both teams).

I hope they LOSE LOSE LOSE every time they play because I hate hate hate their team so much. IT is not dislike anymore its a HATE HATE HATE. I need to lay off reading their forums. I think they have gotten to me. :o Sorry Hawkshack members ;) but I want this team to lose lose lose ALL THE TIME. And there is no reasoning to it. Its just sheer hate.

I don't care about the circumstances. I hope they lose and I hope they suffer in the cold weather. I don't wish them injury as their fans do to us, but I want them to suffer in the FROZEN TUNDRA of Green Bay.
I will watch the game with glee and hope that they lose.

I know that they will win though and face us maybe. Which is okay, us and thousands of 12th man fans will send them rightfully home where they belong this season, crying, whining, and sniffling as they watch us in the SB.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby Steady_Hawk » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:09 pm

Eagle,

Seriously, my hatred for the Niners didn't come into full bloom until I went to the Webzone and spent hours there reading. Their fans are the most arrogant pompous jackasses I have ever seen. I now go to the NFL.com site and post in the comment section just to get under their skin.

Just today, and I'm dead serious, I was having a discussion with a monster hardcore Niner fan and after we went rounds he told me to practice safe sex and go F myself. LOL! Of course all of my retorts were "G" rated just to make it worse for him.

I have very high expectations for Wilson, and that's six Lombardi's. Just one more so we can stop hearing those jackknobs keep bellowing about their history channel victories.

Rams fans were NEVER this bad.
Steady_Hawk
Legacy

Postby rottweiler » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:59 pm

Steady_Hawk wrote:Eagle,

Seriously, my hatred for the Niners didn't come into full bloom until I went to the Webzone and spent hours there reading. Their fans are the most arrogant pompous jackasses I have ever seen. I now go to the NFL.com site and post in the comment section just to get under their skin.

Just today, and I'm dead serious, I was having a discussion with a monster hardcore Niner fan and after we went rounds he told me to practice safe sex and go F myself. LOL! Of course all of my retorts were "G" rated just to make it worse for him.

I have very high expectations for Wilson, and that's six Lombardi's. Just one more so we can stop hearing those jackknobs keep bellowing about their history channel victories.

I dig it. 8-)
rottweiler
Legacy

Postby Clem7 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:33 pm

It would seem that the 49ers style of play would favor them in that ungodly weather.

That said, my thought (and Riverdog mentioned this as well) Is that the turnovers will be more critical in this game more so than others.

I think it is anybody's game and prefer to see SF go down.
Clem7
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:30 am

SF 24
GB 20
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:14 am

Zorn76 wrote:SF 24
GB 20

Make it
SF24 and
GB 21 and I would have given Zorn76 a +1
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:19 am

Steady_Hawk wrote:Eagle,

Man Steady. Makes me feel soo much better to have a "comrade"(I could see Rott going to another level with this) ;) that feels the same way. I will immediately sign up on NFL.com. Just to have some fun banter with Niner fans back and forth.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:32 am

Distant Relative wrote:Screw the football, I just hope the can keep the cameras on. Can you imagine being a cameraman in this game?

I've seen a couple of games, one of them being a playoff game, where the fog was so thick all of their camera shots had to be taken at field level.

I'm probably one of the few posters that can honestly say that they watched the infamous "Ice Bowl", with the difference then being that they didn't have a wind to deal with. There was also a playoff game in Cincinnati where the wind chill might have been -20. This could top that record.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:14 am

I was in Wisconsin and Minnesota once when it was -30 degrees Fahrenheit - It was unbelievably difficult to breath.

Now Check out the latest Wind Chill Warning for a time period that covers the game:

"The core of the cold air will be across the area Sunday night through Tuesday morning. Wind Chill Indices as low as 50 below to 55 below zero are expected at times during this period. Wind chills this low indicate that Frostbite to exposed skin can occur in under 10 minutes."

http://www.google.org/publicalerts/aler ... source=web

Wind Chill Warning in East Central Wisconsin

Posted 35 minutes ago – National Weather Service

Dangerously cold conditions expected early next week.

A bitterly cold Arctic air mass that originated near the north pole in late December is expected to surge into our area this weekend, and remain across the area early next week. The air mass is expected to be the coldest that has affected the area in years. Bitterly cold temperatures combined with winds up to 25 mph at times will result in dangerously cold conditions.

Wind Chill Advisory remains in effect from Midnight Tonight to 6 pm CST Sunday.

Wind Chill Warning remains in effect from 6 pm Sunday to noon CST Tuesday.

Bitterly cold air will surge into the area starting this evening. The combination of cold and wind will drive wind chill indices into the 20 below to 35 below zero range tonight and Sunday. Wind chills in this range indicate that Frostbite to exposed skin can occur in 20 to 30 minutes.
The core of the cold air will be across the area Sunday night through Tuesday morning. Wind Chill Indices as low as 50 below to 55 below zero are expected at times during this period. Wind chills this low indicate that Frostbite to exposed skin can occur in under 10 minutes.
The wind chill Index is a measure of the heat loss to a human body due to the combination of cold air and wind. The colder the air and the stronger The wind, the lower the wind chill Index, and the faster that heat is transported away from exposed skin. Therefore, the lower the wind chill Index, the more quickly that Frostbite and hypothermia can develop.
savvyman
Legacy

Postby monkey » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:28 am

Of all the games this post season, IMO this game is the one absolute stone cold lock, the one game that if I was forced to bet my life on, I'd be most confident I would survive.
In spite of how much I hate the Niners, and in spite of how much I would LOVE to see them lose in Green Bay, the Packers defense isn't just bad, it's HORRIBLE!!!
There's virtually ZERO chance of the Packers stopping the Niners run game. No way is that wretched defense going to stop Gore, in the cold no less.

I expect a Niners blowout actually, in spite of everyone and their dog picking this to be the hard fought close game, I think everyone and their dog is wrong, this one will be the blowout, the Packers are about to get creamed.

Note: this is just a prediction, but one I feel strongly about, I hope like CRAZY that I am completely wrong though!!! I'd love nothing more than to see the Niners get smashed in the face, and exit the playoffs in embarrassing fashion. Sadly though, I just think that the Niners are a vastly superior overall team. The Packers don't match up well with the Niners anywhere at all...this should be a butt kicking.
Last edited by monkey on Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
monkey
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:29 am

The Over/Under for the game is at 47.

Wish I was in Vegas - I would place a bet on the Under.
savvyman
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:31 am

monkey wrote:Of all the games this post season, IMO this game is the one absolute stone cold lock, the one game that if I was forced to bet my life on, I'd be most confident I would survive.
In spite of how much I hate the Niners, and in spite of how much I would LOVE to see them lose in Green Bay, the Packers defense isn't just bad, it's HORRIBLE!!!
There's virtually ZERO chance of the Packers stopping the Niners run game. No way is that wretched defense going to stop Gore, in the cold no less.

I expect a Niners blowout actually, in spite of everyone and their dog picking this to be the hard fought close game, I think everyone and their dog is wrong, this one will be the blowout, the Packers are about to get creamed.

Disclaimer: this is just a prediction, but one I feel strongly about, I hope like CRAZY that I am completely wrong though!!! I'd love nothing more than to see the Niners get smashed in the face, and exit the playoffs in embarrassing fashion.

Hmmm If I could make money betting on a team I disliked I would make that bet. If I won I would probably dislike the team a little bit less....
savvyman
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:42 am

Monkey good to see you posting here.
savvyman
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:24 pm

GB does match up well in one area, and it is the area I thought would allow them a victory, unfortunately at-30 to-50 bellow that area becomes kind of irrelevant. GB needed to be able to pass the ball, and do so early and often, going to be hard to accomplish that by throwing around a frozen rock......
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby monkey » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:30 pm

savvyman wrote:Monkey good to see you posting here.

Thanks bud, I like this place. It's simple, much the same way the P-I always was, which I liked. It feels more like a conversation than most other sites.
I also feel free to go ahead and say whatever I want, unlike the Blue, and even somewhat ulike .net, where if what I post doesn't line up with the majority opinion, I'll get ripped, regardless of whether what I said is true, or right or not.

Who knows, maybe we get revive the glory days of the P-I here, that would be SWEET!!! That place, at one time, was EASILY the best place to talk Seahawks football. It would be nice to see it back to what it once was, like in 2003 at it's hieght.
monkey
Legacy

Postby monkey » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:36 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:GB does match up well in one area, and it is the area I thought would allow them a victory, unfortunately at-30 to-50 bellow that area becomes kind of irrelevant. GB needed to be able to pass the ball, and do so early and often, going to be hard to accomplish that by throwing around a frozen rock......

You're right HC< I should have said that Green Bay doesn't match up with the Niners at all in the cold. Normally, the Packers would have an edge in the passing game, though that's the ONLY edge they have against an otherwise vastly superior team.
In the cold, there's just nothing that the Packers can do that the Niners can't do better. The Niners will run the ball against that horrible defense, and Kaepernick should gash them from time to time with big downfield stuff due to the Packers playing 8 in the box, and take off running for big chunks himself.

I think that for the Packers to beat the niners, they'll have to either get lucky, or else Rogers will have to have a nearly perfect, career passing day. I see no other way for that woeful team to beat a red hot, much more physical, Niners team at nearly full strength, unlike the last time they just CREAMED the Packers.
I'll be shocked if this isn't an ugly, old fashioned, beat down.
monkey
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:08 pm

savvyman wrote:The Over/Under for the game is at 47.

Wish I was in Vegas - I would place a bet on the Under.

The over/under is that high? I'd bet a bundle on under. It would be a good bet even under good playing conditions.
RiverDog
Legacy

Next

Return to Seahawks Forum