Niners at Green Bay: Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Do the Whiners have a chance at the Pack in a possible -30° Farenheit?

Yes. They. Are. From. The. N. F. C. West. And. We. Are. All. Just. That. Good.
53%
No. They talk about that cold Bay Area wind, but they're just sissy boys who'll get something "pushed in" this weekend.
27%
I guess I'm really not sure — but I blame George W. Bush.
20%

Total votes : 15

Re: Niners at Green Bay: Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Postby HumanCockroach » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:07 pm

RiverDog wrote:
savvyman wrote:The Over/Under for the game is at 47.

Wish I was in Vegas - I would place a bet on the Under.

The over/under is that high? I'd bet a bundle on under. It would be a good bet even under good playing conditions.

You would? In good conditions I could see both teams scoring 30+ points ( GB defense is abysmal, SF is has issues with the pass, especially with a missing or hobbled Rodgers). I felt that Rodgers, Cobb, Jones, Nelson would shred that defensive backfield when the report was around 0, -30 though makes that next to impossible for me to believe. It will be fun to watch them both freezing their arses off....... LOL
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:26 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:
RiverDog wrote:

The over/under is that high? I'd bet a bundle on under. It would be a good bet even under good playing conditions.

You would? In good conditions I could see both teams scoring 30+ points ( GB defense is abysmal, SF is has issues with the pass, especially with a missing or hobbled Rodgers). I felt that Rodgers, Cobb, Jones, Nelson would shred that defensive backfield when the report was around 0, -30 though makes that next to impossible for me to believe. It will be fun to watch them both freezing their arses off....... LOL

Yea, I would. The Niners are a good defensive team with a good running offense. My sense is that they'd get up by a couple of scores then take the air out of the ball and slow things down. I could see a 27-10 Niners in good field conditions.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:33 pm

You would? In good conditions I could see both teams scoring 30+ points ( GB defense is abysmal, SF is has issues with the pass, especially with a missing or hobbled Rodgers). I felt that Rodgers, Cobb, Jones, Nelson would shred that defensive backfield when the report was around 0, -30 though makes that next to impossible for me to believe. It will be fun to watch them both freezing their arses off....... LOL[/quote]

Yea, I would. The Niners are a good defensive team with a good running offense. My sense is that they'd get up by a couple of scores then take the air out of the ball and slow things down. I could see a 27-10 Niners in good field conditions.[/quote]

I guess good field conditions, an improved running game and a hobbled corner would lend me to the belief that it would be more similar to the first time they played this season ( 34-28 SF or vice versa)
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:21 pm

49ers bring in a unique motivational speaker for the Packer Game.

https://twitter.com/AnthonyDavis76/stat ... 97/photo/1

Looks like Anthony Davis is not too fond of his surroundings? lol
savvyman
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:52 pm

Woooooooo! LOL.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:37 am

Savvy, Funny you should mention that.
My best friend is now in Vegas this weekend, he bet money on the Chiefs, but got a feeling, and during halftime he bet half of that money on the Colts. Got his money back at least.
He won good money with the Saints. Good for the Saints.

Now at least they won't mess with reseeding for a while yet.

I like the team, I like their fan base. And I hope we kick their ass next week!
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:41 am

HumanCockroach wrote:
RiverDog wrote:

My friend in Vegas just told me that he is betting on the OVER cause he thinks its not large enough. He feels that when the teams get used to the cold weather by the second half, the scores will take off. Of course when I go to Vegas I give him my money to bet as he pleases on the games while he gives me some money to play Blackjack and Roulette. We have never left Vegas in the Red. Including airline tickets, hotel, etc.
Have a nice day!
Last edited by Eaglehawk on Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:06 am

RiverDog wrote:
Distant Relative wrote:Screw the football, I just hope the can keep the cameras on. Can you imagine being a cameraman in this game?

I've seen a couple of games, one of them being a playoff game, where the fog was so thick all of their camera shots had to be taken at field level.

I'm probably one of the few posters that can honestly say that they watched the infamous "Ice Bowl", with the difference then being that they didn't have a wind to deal with. There was also a playoff game in Cincinnati where the wind chill might have been -20. This could top that record.

RD you have my highest regards in this respect. I was a snotty nosed single digit year old still growing up in the projects in da Bronx, so NO I did not see the game. Much PROPS TO YOU RD.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:21 am

My friend in Vegas just told me that he is betting on the OVER cause he thinks its not large enough. He feels that when the teams get used to the cold weather by the second half, the scores will take off. Of course when I go to Vegas I give him my money to bet as he pleases on the games while he gives me some money to play Blackjack and Roulette. We have never left Vegas in the Red. Including airline tickets, hotel, etc.
Have a nice day!

If the weather forecasts come true and they end up with a -30 degree wind chill, there will be no "getting used" to it. Under those conditions, frostbite occurs to exposed skin in less than 15 minutes. It will be a matter of which team is better prepared, and none of us knows which one it will be. But it is safe to say that if the weather forecasts are true, that it will have a profound effect on scoring. Just the cold temperature itself makes the ball deader, not to mention throwing or kicking into a 30 MPH wind.

There is no precedent for a football game played in -30 degree wind chill. This could be a huge disaster for the NFL, with hundreds of fans and players suffering frostbite. As a matter of fact, it would surprise me if they cancel or suspend the game at some point.

Update on the weather situation in Green Bay: Wind chill at kickoff, 3:40 pm CST, is projected to be around -15. It doesn't look like the really nasty weather, ie -30 and lower wind chill, doesn't hit until around 9:00 pm, a couple hours after the game, so they might get lucky and get the game in. But IMO the NFL is really taking a chance if they let this game go on as scheduled.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby rottweiler » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:39 am

RiverDog wrote:I'm probably one of the few posters that can honestly say that they watched the infamous "Ice Bowl", with the difference then being that they didn't have a wind to deal with. There was also a playoff game in Cincinnati where the wind chill might have been -20. This could top that record.

That was the AFC Championship for the 1981 season, between the Ken Anderson-led Cincy Bengals and the Dan Fouts-led San Diego Bolts.

I remember it like it was yesterday.

No frostbite weather, and the Bolts would have made mincemeat out of that Bengals secondary.

That early 80s Chargers squad is still bar-none the greatest offensive juggernaut in NFL history, to me.

What makes that team's offensive prominence still stick out to me is that Bolt Coach Don Coryell had them playing like that in an era when THERE WAS STILL SUCH A THING AS DEFENSE IN THE NFL.
rottweiler
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:57 pm

Looks like the high is in for the day in Green Bay.

Temperature for the Game will be 5 degrees

Bet the 49ers are saying now "If only the Rams had punched that @#@#%$#@@ ball into the endzone on 4th and one......." lol

http://www.weather.com/weather/today/USWI0288
savvyman
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:04 pm

Eaglehawk wrote:

Savvy, Funny you should mention that.
My best friend is now in Vegas this weekend, he bet money on the Chiefs, but got a feeling, and during halftime he bet half of that money on the Colts. Got his money back at least.
He won good money with the Saints. Good for the Saints.

Now at least they won't mess with reseeding for a while yet.

I like the team, I like their fan base. And I hope we kick their ass next week!

Nice - did he have money on the Chargers? No one predicted this Blowout.
savvyman
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:24 pm

I think that 49er Front Office can go ahead and book the flight tickets to Carolina right now.

Green Bay is being manhandled on both sides of the ball.
savvyman
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:52 pm

savvyman wrote:I think that 49er Front Office can go ahead and book the flight tickets to Carolina right now.

Way too early for that post.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:45 pm

D A M N I T!!!!!!!! I picked the niners, but I really hate them.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:48 pm

Bummer. Oh well, I doubt a team that has eeked by Atlanta at home, and an abysmal defense in GB is going to win in Carolina....
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby rottweiler » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:52 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:Bummer. Oh well, I doubt a team that has eeked by Atlanta at home, and an abysmal defense in GB is going to win in Carolina....

They ain't got a snowball's chance of beating Kuechly and that Carolina D.

I'd like to blame this Pack loss today on the Packers D. But I don't.

This loss is clearly all on George W. Bush.
rottweiler
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:04 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:
savvyman wrote:I think that 49er Front Office can go ahead and book the flight tickets to Carolina right now.

Way too early for that post.

Maybe it was lol - Green Bay looked like a completely different team after they picked off Kaepernick when they were down 6-0.

I wished the Hawks would have drafted Lacy - he is very much like Marshawn.

Looks like the under (47 points) would have paid today.

Next weekend will be the best weekend for watching football all season long.

I think that if there is a lesson that all teams who are still in the playoffs should take away after this weekends game is that you should expect a tight game AND the home field advantage dissapears somewhat in the playoffs.
savvyman
Legacy

Postby Mo the Toe » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:01 pm

I think the advantage at the Clink is different. Can't diminish that noise. GB put up a battle. Best game they have played in a while. I thought they were to conservative in the first half.
Mo the Toe
Legacy

Postby Clem7 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:08 pm

I thought GB would have learned their lesson in previous meetings. Letting Kap rush for almost 100 yards decided the game. Most of those gains were at critical points in the game.
Clem7
Legacy

Previous

Return to Seahawks Forum