Hawk Playoff Sleeper

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Hawk Playoff Sleeper

Postby phill206 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:14 pm

Hi Everyone,

First time poster - I'd love to hear who you all think is going to be a sleeper for the Hawks during the playoffs. I personally think it is going to be Brandon Mebane. He's been clogging up the middle of the field for the past 4 weeks and I can't wait to see what he does the next couple weeks. Love to hear everyone's thoughts.

Go Hawks!

PH
phill206
Legacy

Re: Hawk Playoff Sleeper

Postby phill206 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:19 pm

phill206
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:50 am

H A R V I N
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:48 am

phill206 wrote:Hi Everyone,

First time poster - I'd love to hear who you all think is going to be a sleeper for the Hawks during the playoffs. I personally think it is going to be Brandon Mebane. He's been clogging up the middle of the field for the past 4 weeks and I can't wait to see what he does the next couple weeks. Love to hear everyone's thoughts.

Go Hawks!

PH

Mebane's no sleeper. He's been playing real well as of late. He's been the key to our improvement in shutting down the running game. The only thing about him is that he might be hampered by a groin injury.

Apparently Luke Willson is back to practicing. I had assumed that he'd be out for the season. If he's healthy, I'd pick him as a sleeper, although if he is able to play, it will probably be sparingly.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby PACHawk » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:01 am

I like Malcolm Smith as a sleeper!
PACHawk
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:17 am

Beast Mode!
savvyman
Legacy

Postby monkey » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:46 am

Mebane is only a "sleeper" because he doesn't get the credit he deserves. This year, (or at least the last time I checked), he graded out as the single best run stopping D-Lineman in football. The best.
How does that go under the radar?!? But somehow, nationally, stopping the run gets overlooked...it's mind boggling really, but Mebane is a FORCE, and gets no recognition for it.

The guy I HOPE is our playoff sleeper is Luke Willson, for two reasons...1) it would mean he fully recovered from his ankle sprain, which is good for our offense, and 2) it would mean that the Seahawks offense is exploiting matchups, and is FINALLY using this guys speed down the seams.

I'd hope for it to be Zack Miller, as he has the ability to be a factor (as evidence by last years Falcons game), but I don't think he has the speed to make the same kind of impact in the passing game that Willson could have, with his speed.
monkey
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:43 am

Hawk playoff sleeper?
Hopefully, our OL.
If these guys can give RW longer than .5 seconds to stay in the pocket and throw, we can hang 30 or more on any postseason opponent.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby makena » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:42 am

sleeper? Or more like stepping up. I think the guy that needs to step up is irvin. I know he is playing a different position, but he had eight sacks last year. We have so many good linebackers and Smith and Wagner are on the verge too. .. on the CB's... thurmond.... on O... everyone...
makena
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:10 am

Zorn76 wrote:Hawk playoff sleeper?
Hopefully, our OL.
If these guys can give RW longer than .5 seconds to stay in the pocket and throw, we can hang 30 or more on any postseason opponent.

my 2nd vote
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:35 am

makena wrote:sleeper? Or more like stepping up. I think the guy that needs to step up is irvin. I know he is playing a different position, but he had eight sacks last year. We have so many good linebackers and Smith and Wagner are on the verge too. .. on the CB's... thurmond.... on O... everyone...

I agree. "Sleeper" isn't the best term. I like stepping up or rising to the occasion better. And I also agree with you about Irvin. The "learning a new position" excuse is getting a little thin. He was supposed to be playing this "spinner" position, but I see him coming out on 3rd downs a lot. He's not a conventional linebacker, and never will be, or at least won't be a real good one. His long suit is rushing the passer, which is why we drafted him.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:52 am

phill206 wrote:Image

I have one wish for this Superbowl run - And that wish is for Mebane & Bennett to combine for a sack so we can see the two greatest sack dances go off simultaneously and broadcast nationwide.

savvyman
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:09 am

Yeah, I think Mebane is only a "sleeper" to the national media. Those of us who watch the team closely know he absolutely *blows up* offensive lines when he's in there.
burrrton
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum