Gagging on the Andrew Luck drool

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Re: Gagging on the Andrew Luck drool

Postby HawkWow » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:34 pm

RiverDog wrote:
HawkWow wrote:
That and the (storied) 9ers are just better press and with a bigger following. If a inside-the-box writer has to pick a side between the two, he would do less damage to his cred in picking the 9ers to win, even if they lose, than going against the grain and picking the winning Panthers. These people are a disgrace to the great writers unafraid to establish and stand behind the real story. The Panthers are a much better story, IMO, than the 9ers this year, and that is no knock on the 9ers...who just keep winning. In another forum, people are whining about the "9ers winning ugly". But we "win ugly"...we are just brilliant in our never say die resolve. Can't get my head around that...but I'm a fan of the NFL, even more so than our Hawks (alone).

There is a tendency to believe that the champ is still the champ until proven otherwise, and in this case, the champ of the NFC is the 49'ers. That's why I hope that our road to the Super Bowl includes a playoff victory over the Niners.[/quote]

Me too bro. And I'm OK with the mentality of "you have to take the title from the champ", but for me, that is more applicable to boxing than football, for the simple reason that age aside, boxers are fairly stable. What you see is what you get. Football teams are in constant transition, and with that, much less predictable. I don't think any of us thought the Ravens would repeat this year...because few ever have.

Like yourself, I badly want to beat the 9ers and end their season. Yesterday was tough. As hard as I tried to root for them over the Pack, I was extremely bummed when they won, even knowing it was the best outcome. Best for our rivalry, best for the sport. It will be interesting to see if the 9ers get more breaks than the Panthers next week. An NFCC game between these two bitter rivals will only enhance "the brand". Fingers crossed.
HawkWow
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:07 pm

Oh, I'll be rooting for a Niners rematch, though it won't be for the "right to knock off the champ" in my book that ship sailed when Seattle took the division, I'll root for the Niners to UPSET the Panthers because A it means the Seahawks took care of business and are hosting the NFC Championship game, and B because the weaker opponent advanced to face them.... Ssf is a quality team, simply no doubt about it ( as is the remaining four teams in the NFC) however they are not as complete as the Panthers, from top to bottom. I expect that you guys hoping for that will be disappointed, but it's the NFL and the best team does not always win. I have NO doubt that SF CAN win the game, just doubt they will is all.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:36 pm

Gotta admit - this has been the best Thread Title so far.......
savvyman
Legacy

Postby rottweiler » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:17 pm

savvyman wrote:Gotta admit - this has been the best Thread Title so far.......

Really?

It makes me puke.

;)
rottweiler
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:45 pm

So just to clarify, Mr. Luck threw 6 TD's and 7 Int's had a passer rating under 70 this post season ( if I bothered to look back something tells me he did the same last postseason as well. More ints than tds). The media and fans can continue to say sure fire HOF, and how talented he is, the fact remains he has NOT accomplished much to date. He continues to throws picks as though he feels doing so is a requirement for a complete game. The guy is tough and never quits, I do indeed respect that quality, but until he LEARNS how to limit turnovers, can we at the very least stop claiming him the best QB to be drafted since Elway? I mean last I checked there were guys named Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Brees, and numerous other QB's drafted in between. He CAN become great, but squash the "he is" great until he actually does it.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Vegaseahawk » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:11 pm

He was nearly as elusive as Russell and ran a lot in his early years. He came into the Kingdome in 1984, in our last regular season game and in front of one very hostile crowd, and beat us decisively. We were 12-4 that season. He spiked the ball after scoring a touchdown in that game, and Seahawk fans never forgot it and really started getting on him. From then on, Denver games in the Kingdome were always characterized by the crowd chanting "Ellllwaaaay." It was a great rivalry, one that I really miss, and every bit as intense as the one we now have with the Niners.[/quote]

Great stuff Rd....Man, I hated Mr Ed with a passion & can still picture him running around the field escaping our pass rush. Then he would fire off a frozen rope that was about 40 yards long and I'd be sitting there in front of the TV fuming...fond memories, lol
Vegaseahawk
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:41 am

Well, Luck came back to earth on Saturday, lol.
Sorry, but 2 TD's vs 4 INT's is pretty bad, though one wasn't entirely on him, but the pass was still inaccurate.

Colts never got closer than 6 pts, and even then you never truly got the sense that they were gonna take the lead.

Indy isn't going anywhere anytime soon with that defense.
Rush D in particular was beyond ridiculous.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:56 am

Zorn76 wrote:Well, Luck came back to earth on Saturday, lol.
Sorry, but 2 TD's vs 4 INT's is pretty bad, though one wasn't entirely on him, but the pass was still inaccurate.

Colts never got closer than 6 pts, and even then you never truly got the sense that they were gonna take the lead.

Indy isn't going anywhere anytime soon with that defense.
Rush D in particular was beyond ridiculous.

The announcers, specifically Dierdorf, gave Luck a pass on that red zone interception he threw that was the turning point in the game, but I'm not as forgiving. The ball was thrown behind the receiver, causing him to turn. The ball struck his shoulder pads and bounced off, allowing the trailing defender to pick it off. You can't throw behind the receiver when they're running perpendicular to the sidelines as adjustments are more difficult than they are when the receiver is running away from the QB. If you're going to miss, you need to miss long, not short. That one was on Luck.
RiverDog
Legacy

Previous

Return to Seahawks Forum