Shack Spam

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Shack Spam

Postby yoder » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:01 pm

Hey folks,

As some of you may or may have not noticed, the spammers finally found their way to our little corner on the WWW. It's inevitable. I'll be working on some countermeasures this week, so hang in there with me. I know it's annoying, though actually kind of funny to read.

Obviously don't click on their links...and feel free to report. Big thanks to Eagle, he's been looking out and reporting like a HAWK. Or an Eagle. Which one has better eyesight? Ha ha, couldn't resist! Mak has been on it too, banning spammers and their IP addresses (thanks Mak!).

Thanks again to all, we'll get the bastards.
yoder
Site Admin

Re: Shack Spam

Postby Distant Relative » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:30 pm

Ya I noticed it this morning but wasn't sure how to report it.
Distant Relative
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:39 pm

yoder wrote:Hey folks,

As some of you may or may have not noticed, the spammers finally found their way to our little corner on the WWW. It's inevitable. I'll be working on some countermeasures this week, so hang in there with me. I know it's annoying, though actually kind of funny to read.

Obviously don't click on their links...and feel free to report. Big thanks to Eagle, he's been looking out and reporting like a HAWK. Or an Eagle. Which one has better eyesight? Ha ha, couldn't resist! Mak has been on it too, banning spammers and their IP addresses (thanks Mak!).

Thanks Yoder for keeping this place clean.
savvyman
Legacy

Postby Hawkstar » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:08 pm

Didnt take them long. Thanks for taking out the trash.
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:15 pm

yoder wrote:Hey folks,

No worries Yoder. Here to help! Being awake when most of the board is asleep helps. Rat bastards. Do ur thing Yoder! Clean house.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby Feez » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:39 am

Yoder! Yoder! Yoder!

I noticed the spam too. It didn't take long. the trolls will most likely be next. thanks for cleaning house quitly that was really the only complaint I had about the PI they allowed the spam to run Rampant!
Feez
Legacy

Postby THX-1138 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:25 pm

But guys, my sister has made a TON of money working from home and YOU CAN TOO!

Cheebus, I just noticed that my post automatically linked one of my phrases up there to god-knows-what. I swear I was just trying to be funny.
THX-1138
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:24 pm

Feez wrote:Yoder! Yoder! Yoder!
I noticed the spam too. It didn't take long. the trolls will most likely be next. thanks for cleaning house, e quitly that was really the only complaint I had about the PI they allowed the spam to run Rampant!

There was more than just the spammers that was wrong with the PI. The advertising was getting horrendous and a lot of their features didn't work.

I honestly didn't mind the trolls all that much. As much as we all disliked CP, it was fun debating him and I loved rubbing his nose in Tony Romo's urine. CP's threads always got the most posts.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:59 pm

RiverDog wrote:
Feez wrote:Yoder! Yoder! Yoder!
I noticed the spam too. It didn't take long. the trolls will most likely be next. thanks for cleaning house, e quitly that was really the only complaint I had about the PI they allowed the spam to run Rampant!

There was more than just the spammers that was wrong with the PI. The advertising was getting horrendous and a lot of their features didn't work.

I honestly didn't mind the trolls all that much. As much as we all disliked CP, it was fun debating him and I loved rubbing his nose in Tony Romo's urine. CP's threads always got the most posts.

That said, we can't ever allow him here:)
Zorn76
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum