49'ers: Worst Offseason Ever?

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Re: 49'ers: Worst Offseason Ever?

Postby Futureite » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:19 am

HumanCockroach wrote:Welcome to our world Future. Sucks when someone cherry picks something isn't it? Least I didn't feel the need to do it with every post, and I didn't do so in your "house". By the way, it isn't "one" statement, it's two, by key performers on your three NFC championship teams.

You have just been future-ited, sucks, don't it.

When I quote someone it's in reference to widely held belief and it's a knowledgable person. And I don't quote them to push an agenda that's way out of whack with reality. For example, Kap's work ethic is widely acknowledged by even the "Krapperdick" cult who believe he sucks. So your attempt to parallel my comments was a fail.

What got under your skin is obviously my quotes of Wilson running a basic O. Kap ran a very basic, college type O tonight too. I even texted that to my friend during the game - bootlegs, throw backs, screens. And like magic, his completion percentage went up just like it does with RW. Had Hyde stayed in bounds on that screen near the end of the game, Kap eould have had an identical day to the crap you brag about, with a 100+ QB rating all built off of absolutely basic plays. It's not my fault you have built your own guy up to be something he's not.

This style plays to what both guys do best. You don't have Rodgers, or Brady or even Ryan. RW's played enough to see that by now. You have a slightly better version of what we have; a guy that can move, throw on the run, protect the ball and at times uncork big, game changing plays. Don't blame me for pointing out the obvious or for quoting a guy like Dilfer or Cosel who sees the exact same things. It's only overly critical in your own mind. Especially since I've put your guy around the top 10 of all QBs.
Futureite
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:34 am

Without even clicking "Display this post", let me guess what the latest consists of: defending some long-since-debunked, largely made-up criticism of RW using a single instance of it, and leaning on "eye tests" and finding a talking head that agreed with him.

Am I close?
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Futureite » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:55 pm

burrrton wrote:Without even clicking "Display this post", let me guess what the latest consists of: defending some long-since-debunked, largely made-up criticism of RW using a single instance of it, and leaning on "eye tests" and finding a talking head that agreed with him.

Am I close?

I think I just read a hundred complaints about too many bubble screens and even some "why isn't Wilson keeping the ball on the read option" complaints, along with a handful of fire Bevel's. If he isn't running a basic O, then the NFL has no basic Os.

And for the obligatory talking head reference that you love, last night early in the 2nd half Chris Collinsworth said "ever since Wilson started running again he just looks so much more relaxed throwing the football".

Don't feel bad. Our OC is also runnimg a college O with bootlegs, WR screens, Pistol formation and 5 yd crossing routes.

It is what is is.
Futureite
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:13 pm

It's all about effectively moving the ball. If a basic Offense works, then all the better, if it doesn't, then step it up if you have the personnel.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:05 pm

I have to concur with Futureite. There seems to be a run on bubble screens. Everyone's throwing them. I've never liked them, can't really articulate as to why I don't like them.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:15 pm

Our best drive was the series with Marshawn "benched" (and he looked disinterested on the sidelines) - It brought GB out of the 8 in the box and gave Russell space to play QB. WE are so predictable, it's scary. I'm now moving to the "fire Bevel" group. We better be 2 - 2 coming up as it probably will be against back-up QB's.

Speaking of 49ers. Got the wife to agree to detour through Santa Clara on our way to Vegas to see the Seahawks game at Levi's. I promised her we would wear our ProBowl NFL stuff, but we will secretly root for the Seahawks. She reads the mainland news and the assault made CNN.
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby Futureite » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:41 pm

NorthHawk wrote:It's all about effectively moving the ball. If a basic Offense works, then all the better, if it doesn't, then step it up if you have the personnel.

Yes, I have been saying that forever! It does work, so why would you change? What I contend is that is does not challenge a QB to grow or get better though. It just can't by the nature of what they are asking the QB to do. It's too instinctual. That's true for Kap, Wilson or any QB under the sun. That's my opinion of it. And in our case, I either want to see us throw downfield early in the game or move on and find another QB. Game management is great, but it can be learned. I want to know whether a QB can deal from the pocket and make throws with a high degree of difficulty on a consistent game by game basis. Right now our O is only padding Kap's completion % and stats.
Futureite
Legacy

Postby Futureite » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:45 pm

RiverDog wrote:I have to concur with Futureite. There seems to be a run on bubble screens. Everyone's throwing them. I've never liked them, can't really articulate as to why I don't like them.

Prob because the upside is at best 7 or 8 yds with the occasional big gain as an outlier, and the downside is a fairly high % which get stuffed for minimal or no gain. I do not like them either.
Futureite
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:13 pm

RiverDog wrote:I have to concur with Futureite. There seems to be a run on bubble screens. Everyone's throwing them. I've never liked them, can't really articulate as to why I don't like them.

I'll tell you why I don't really like them. The ball is going horizontally down the field and has to travel longer than a swing pass. There usually isn't much deception and WR's who usually aren't asked to block at the point of attack are asked to block defenders who see the play developing before them. With that being said they can be effective against the right defense. I personally don't mind the options QB's are given when they have a running play called, while the receivers are running a bubble on the outside. If the QB likes the numbers defensive set up they can quickly throw the bubble instead of handing off, but in general I don't really like them.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:45 am

I also don't like the risk of an interception or a backwards pass as those could turn into a pick 6, and as Futureite says, they never seem to break any big plays off them unless you have a Percy Harvin type. They can't hardly fake a bubble screen, either. Once the QB sets up a few feet away from the LOS, the ball pretty much has to come out. If the defense reacts to it quickly, the only option the QB has is to throw it away.
RiverDog
Legacy

Previous

Return to Seahawks Forum