OT: Okay, so who did you draft in your main fantasy league?

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

OT: Okay, so who did you draft in your main fantasy league?

Postby monkey » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:09 pm

You know how people always tell you that "No one wants to hear you talk about your stupid fantasy football team!"?
Well, this thread is for talking about your fantasy football team, because I DO want to hear about it!

My team, the Waco Flaming Zealots (yes they do play in "the Compound" ;) )
Drafting third (snake format) in a 12 team PPR league.
1. Lynch, Marshawn SEA RB
2. Murray, DeMarco PHI RB
3. Hopkins, DeAndre HOU WR
4. Olsen, Greg CAR TE
5. Landry, Jarvis MIA WR
6. Watkins, Sammy BUF WR
7. Rivers, Philip SDC QB
8. Johnson, Duke CLE RB
9. Sproles, Darren PHI RB
10. Royal, Eddie CHI WR
11. Dolphins, Miami MIA Def
12. Flacco, Joe BAL QB
13. Hill, Josh NOS TE
14. Bryant, Matt ATL PK
15. Johnson, Stevie SDC WR
16. Oliver, Branden SDC RB
Last edited by monkey on Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
monkey
Legacy

Re: OT: Okay, so who did you draft in your main fantasy leag

Postby RiverDog » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:36 pm

I don't have access to my website right now, but here's what I can remember about my team off the top of my head:

QB-Rodgers-GB
RB1 Charles-KC
RB2 SF's new guy
WR AJ Green-Cincy
WR Golden Tate-Det
TE Bennett-Chi
K Green Bay's
Defense-Rams

I couldn't attend our draft in person last night, so I had to give a friend my work sheet.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Agent 86 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:43 pm

8 team, QB option for flex, PPR league:(draft done 2 Friday's ago)

M.Ryan
S.Bradford
A.Dalton
M.Mariota

E.Lacy
F.Gore
A.Abdullah
R.Jennings

A.J. Green
T.Y. Hilton
E. Sanders
J.Landry

J.Thomas
A.Gates....gonna need help here now as Thomas out a month and Gates suspended

S.Hauschka
S. Janikowski

Packers D/ST
Jets D/ST

I am stoked about my WR's, and getting on the Bradford train. I took him early but had Sanchez last year in Philly's offense and he did pretty well, and Bradford is better than Sanchez. In our 8 team league, everyone comes out looking good on paper after the draft. There is still lots of good talent on the waiver wire, unlike 12 and 14 teams leagues.

I obviously like your Landry pick, I never realized he caught like 84 balls last year until before my draft.
Agent 86
Legacy

Postby kalibane » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:24 am

I have two leagues with the same people. The money league we haven't drafted yet but we do a second league for fun where we draft before training camp opens which so we can compare who had eyes on sleepers before all the fantasy writers start shining a light on them and they start rising up the draft board. So for example, I got Doug Martin at almost the very end of the draft because no one thought he'd be the starter based on last year (well almost no one :mrgreen: ).

I drafted 5th here is my haul:

1. Marshawn Lynch
2. Dez Bryant
3. Jimmy Graham
4. Mike Evans
5. Melvin Gordon
6. Sammy Watkins
7. Rashad Jennings
8. Bills Defense
9. Golden Tate
10. Tony Romo
11. Charles Johnson
12. John Brown
13. Eli Manning
14. Doug Martin
15. Larry Fitzgerald

I have to drop someone for a kicker before the season starts.
kalibane
Legacy

Postby kalibane » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:12 am

Meant to ask what are the size and rules of your league. Makes it impossible to really judge a team. A great team in a 12 team league would look like trash in an 8 team league.

Mine is 10 team standard scoring. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, K, Def
kalibane
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:59 pm

Kali - I find it crazy that Gordon and Martin were available so late. Is it a pass friendly league?

*edit - just saw your post above. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM - seems strange.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby kalibane » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:06 pm

Yeah like I said we draft this league super early. Gordon has steadily risen all preseason but fifth round was around where he was going before camp started. And like I said all the fantasy sites had Martin behind Sims and Rainy until reports started filtering out of Bucs camp. My money league draft with the same 9 people will look Waaaaaaay different.

Martin in particular was a flier that worked out. Figured if he didn't win the job then was just a late round pick but if he did It'd be like getting an extra fifth or sixth round choice.
kalibane
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:06 pm

kalibane wrote:Meant to ask what are the size and rules of your league. Makes it impossible to really judge a team. A great team in a 12 team league would look like trash in an 8 team league.

Mine is 10 team standard scoring. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, K, Def

8 teams, same as Kal's scoring. Even still, I think I made out pretty good getting Rodgers, Jamal Charles, AJ Green, and the Rams D/ST
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby kalibane » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:46 am

Fantasy Football is funny to me. People always overreact to the previous year. We all watched Justin Forsett for years here. He has since gone on to a couple new teams and has a career year last year now people are willing to spend a third round pick.

On the other hand AJ Green and Calvin Johnson who were in a group of five receivers that were considered a tier above the rest (with Julio, Demaryius and Dez) possibly worth a late first round pick. They played last season through constant injuries and now you can get the consensus best WR in the league in the 2nd and AJ Green in the third.

Riv, I think AJ is going to tear it up this year. He's the only one of that group of young studs that doesn't have an extension yet. Watch out.
kalibane
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:50 am

kalibane wrote:Fantasy Football is funny to me. People always overreact to the previous year. We all watched Justin Forsett for years here. He has since gone on to a couple new teams and has a career year last year now people are willing to spend a third round pick.

On the other hand AJ Green and Calvin Johnson who were in a group of five receivers that were considered a tier above the rest (with Julio, Demaryius and Dez) possibly worth a late first round pick. They played last season through constant injuries and now you can get the consensus best WR in the league in the 2nd and AJ Green in the third.

Riv, I think AJ is going to tear it up this year. He's the only one of that group of young studs that doesn't have an extension yet. Watch out.

Yup. It's like warfare. Armies always prepare to fight the last war, not the coming one.

Glad you think AJ is going to have a big year. I didn't realize his contract status, but it probably wouldn't have mattered even if I did. He's still one of the top 5 WR's IMO. With him, Rodgers, Charles, and the Rams D/ST, I like my chances. Heck, I wasn't even present at my league's draft, just gave a friend my homework. I'm pretty excited. FF really helps maintain my interest in otherwise uninteresting games as does the pick'em league.

BTW, I picked up Mike Wallace as one of my WR's on a hunch, guessing that Bridgewater might break out this season. I also drafted Carlos Hyde, figuring that the Niners would still attempt to run the ball. Comments?
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby kalibane » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:04 am

Hyde I really like. He probably comes off the field a lot on third down in favor of Bush but he's got great talent and he'll get the goal line looks. Wallace I'm not a fan of. I do think Bridgewater has potential to break out but here's what concerns me about Wallace.

1. Wallace doesn't run every route on the route tree. He's pretty much a deep threat.
2. Bridgewater has a good arm but it's not especially strong.
3. Wallace completely flamed out in Miami. Part of that was Tannehill's deep ball accuracy but he actively contributed to them not being able to get on the same page.
4. Pittsburgh let go of Wallace and paid Antonio Brown who had a much lower profile than Wallace at the time. I think when good franchises make moves like that it says a lot.

Personally I think if a WR breaks out from the Vikings it'll be Charles Johnson. He's a more well rounded receiver. He started to come on towards the end of the year last season and he has an established rapport with Bridgewater.
kalibane
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:52 pm

kalibane wrote:Hyde I really like. He probably comes off the field a lot on third down in favor of Bush but he's got great talent and he'll get the goal line looks. Wallace I'm not a fan of. I do think Bridgewater has potential to break out but here's what concerns me about Wallace.

1. Wallace doesn't run every route on the route tree. He's pretty much a deep threat.
2. Bridgewater has a good arm but it's not especially strong.
3. Wallace completely flamed out in Miami. Part of that was Tannehill's deep ball accuracy but he actively contributed to them not being able to get on the same page.
4. Pittsburgh let go of Wallace and paid Antonio Brown who had a much lower profile than Wallace at the time. I think when good franchises make moves like that it says a lot.

Personally I think if a WR breaks out from the Vikings it'll be Charles Johnson. He's a more well rounded receiver. He started to come on towards the end of the year last season and he has an established rapport with Bridgewater.

Thanks for the advice. I have Alshon Jeffery on my team, but I don't know if he'll be ready for the opener as he hasn't even practiced during the preseason. I also have Eric Decker and Steve Smith Sr. on my bench.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby obiken » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:20 pm

None, I think FF is a huge waste of time, with players that I have no interest in. I think its stupid and its should die an ignoble death like Hula hoops.
obiken
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:12 am

obiken wrote:None, I think FF is a huge waste of time, with players that I have no interest in. I think its stupid and its should die an ignoble death like Hula hoops.

LOL! Obi, you're an old fart! :D

I used to think that way, too, up until a couple of years ago. I'm not a FF junkie. I have just one team. FF helps maintain my interest in games that I would otherwise consider pretty useless to watch. I mean, who wants to watch Tennessee vs. Jacksonville unless one of their players are on your FF team?
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:12 am

obiken wrote:None, I think FF is a huge waste of time, with players that I have no interest in. I think its stupid and its should die an ignoble death like Hula hoops.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: dude, why do you care?
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby monkey » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:50 pm

I was wondering that myself.
monkey
Legacy

Postby kalibane » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:38 pm

Money League Roster:

1. Jeremy Hill
2. Julio Jones
3. Lamar Miller
4. Latavius Bryant
5. Andre Johnson
6. Joseph Randle
7. Devante Adams
8. Doug Martin
9. Tony Romo
10. Devante Parker
11. Antonio Gates
12. Delanie Walker
13. Broncos Def
14. Brandon McManus
15. Terrence Williams

Told you value would change Sis lol. Still like my team though.
kalibane
Legacy

Postby monkey » Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:27 pm

kalibane wrote:Money League Roster:

1. Jeremy Hill
2. Julio Jones
3. Lamar Miller
4. Latavius Bryant
5. Andre Johnson
6. Joseph Randle
7. Devante Adams
8. Doug Martin
9. Tony Romo
10. Devante Parker
11. Antonio Gates
12. Delanie Walker
13. Broncos Def
14. Brandon McManus
15. Terrence Williams

Told you value would change Sis lol. Still like my team though.

Some names that jump off to me, that I think will do well for you: I like Devante Adams now, he's in line for a ton of catches.
I like the Bronc's defense, they are going to get after the QB, and that secondary is pretty good too.
Terrrance WIlliams goes unnoticed, but he shouldn't, he's fast and talented, and in better playing shape than he's ever been in.
Romo should put up big numbers.
Love the Lamar Miller pick, and Doug Martin might just be a big bounce back player this year.
People are sleeping on Andre Johnson, who will FINALLY be playing with a great QB. Is he older? Sure. He's still a stud though, and will likely have one more BIG season this year, paired with Luck, who I think will end up the overall fantasy points leader.
My favorite pick of yours though is hands down, Julio! I'd bet anything he's fantasy football's #1 WR this year when all is said and done. I look for him to have his career best year this year. He'll be un-stoppable.
monkey
Legacy

Postby kalibane » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:08 pm

Sometimes it's scary how much we agree on football stuff. Julio has been my favorite WR for fantasy all offseason. My favorite pick. I also picked Adams because even though conventional logic makes Cobb the #1 he's really just a slot guy on steroids. I'm betting that Adams is more consistent through the season even if Cobb puts up more total points. I like consistency.

My big bet was Hill. Counting on Hugh Jackson to feed him the rock so he produces like he did in the last third of last season. If that happens and Julio stays healthy I don't think anyone is happy about facing off with me.
kalibane
Legacy

Postby monkey » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:16 pm

kalibane wrote:Sometimes it's scary how much we agree on football stuff. Julio has been my favorite WR for fantasy all offseason. My favorite pick. I also picked Adams because even though conventional logic makes Cobb the #1 he's really just a slot guy on steroids. I'm betting that Adams is more consistent through the season even if Cobb puts up more total points. I like consistency.

My big bet was Hill. Counting on Hugh Jackson to feed him the rock so he produces like he did in the last third of last season. If that happens and Julio stays healthy I don't think anyone is happy about facing off with me.

Oh yeah, Adams is a MUCH better value, and probably will end up being the real recipient of Jordy's lost numbers, more than Cobb. Cobb is going really high in most drafts, where Adams can be gotten a couple rounds later usually, making him the much better value pick, especially in light of the fact that Cobb isn't replacing Nelson, Adams is.
I look for Cobb's numbers to remain solid, perhaps a small uptick, but Adams is a BIG WR like Jordy, he will be that X receiver who will pick up the Nelson numbers IMO.
I like Hill, I like him a lot. Last season, he ended up pretty much beating out a RB (Bernard) who I am very high on...beating out a scrub is one thing, beating out someone who looks like a legitimate stud...yeah, Hill can play!
My only concern would be Giovani cutting into Hill's opportunities, but I wouldn't be too worried.
monkey
Legacy

Postby Vegaseahawk » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:51 pm

I am in a 10 team PPR league that has inflated values, (6 pts per TD), for the QB position. All else is pretty standard. The positions are, QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, WR/TE/RB, K, Def, for 9 active players. Bench is 6 deep. Heres my draft
1. Luck QB
2. Jeremy Hill WR
3. Jimmy Graham TE
4. Mike Evans WR
5. Brees QB
6. Ameer Abdullah RB
7. DeSean Jackson WR
8.CJ Spiller RB
9. Houston D
10. Fitzgerald WR
11. Coleston WR
12. Tevin Coleman RB
13. Danny Woodhead RB
14. Justin Tucker K
15. Tyler Lockette WR

Given that I was on the hunt for pass catching players, I think I did better than the B- grade Yahoo gave me.
Vegaseahawk
Legacy

Postby monkey » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:39 pm

Wow, six points for TD's thrown and you landed Andrew Luck?
You must have had the first pick overall?
In any league where QB's get six points for TD's thrown, Andrew Luck would EASILY be the leagues highest scorer by a WIDE margin.
He'll likely carry your team this year.
monkey
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum