This should be O/T but -

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

This should be O/T but -

Postby Futureite » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:49 pm

Have to say, I've posted here for yrs and not always been easy to deal with. Yet, I've never even come close to being banned.

Over at Niner Nation, the mods made a list of 8+ things that cannot be posted, including (I kid you not) use of the word "Unicorn" and derogatory use of the word "York" in place of a cus word; Ex: "York off".

You guys always ask why I post here instead of ESPN.COM, NN, etc. Well, I have to say, this is stil the best board on the net. I may hate your team, but the board is great. I guess I owe you all an apology.
Futureite
Legacy

Re: This should be O/T but -

Postby RiverDog » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:01 pm

Futureite wrote:Have to say, I've posted here for yrs and not always been easy to deal with. Yet, I've never even come close to being banned.

Over at Niner Nation, the mods made a list of 8+ things that cannot be posted, including (I kid you not) use of the word "Unicorn" and derogatory use of the word "York" in place of a cus word; Ex: "York off".

You guys always ask why I post here instead of ESPN.COM, NN, etc. Well, I have to say, this is stil the best board on the net. I may hate your team, but the board is great. I guess I owe you all an apology.

I'm replying to this so that all those (Sis, Cbob) that have you on ignore can read it. Nice of you to offer an olive branch, although I'm not the one most offended.

That kinda sounds like the posting rules over at Seahawks Blue, so don't think that the Niners have a corner on the formation of Good Old Boys clubs.

Sorry, Sis. I hope you still love me! :D
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby FolkCrusader » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:10 am

Future,

As someone that has both loved and hated your commentary I only give you this advice. It's OK to disagree, it's OK to dislike. Just ask yourself "have I made my point, yet?" "Do I really need to keep beating this expired equine?" I don't think anyone on this board has a problem with disagreeing, but few people will put up with being strung along in an endless argument. Make your point, let people respond, respect the process.
FolkCrusader
Legacy

Postby Vegaseahawk » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:46 pm

You're almost there, future. There is room on the bandwagon. Get on. Bruce Jenner switched sides, so can you. Seriously though, I've never had a problem with you.
Vegaseahawk
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:05 pm

FolkCrusader wrote:As someone that has both loved and hated your commentary I only give you this advice. It's OK to disagree, it's OK to dislike. Just ask yourself "have I made my point, yet?" "Do I really need to keep beating this expired equine?" I don't think anyone on this board has a problem with disagreeing, but few people will put up with being strung along in an endless argument. Make your point, let people respond, respect the process.

There's nothing wrong with beating a dead horse- it's part of the long, rich tradition of the internet, and the age-old advice still holds: if you don't like it, or have grown tired of it, quit reading the posts or clicking into the thread. Similarly, if you're tired of an "endless argument", quit arguing- if you're not willing to, the endlessness is as much on you as your antagonist.

Future's problem isn't endless argument IMO- it's that he's either really, really bad at it, or is arguing in bad faith by ignoring previous conversations (see: Russell Wilson vs Andrew Luck).
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:32 pm

SO having read that I for one will take future off ignore or foed or whatever. That said trust me there are boards that the good old boy net work is in full force. I just got slapped for quoting someone else who said someone was on drugs. When I pointed out I was not the one who said it the response was "yeah I see that now but that person has been here a while so he can do that. Your new" I pointed out but I did not say it, he said it does not matter. So the good old boy network is in full force. This is by far my favorite forum, so much that I am not even on the times forum anymore and hardly go on many others.
Anthony
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:44 pm

Sis. I hope you still love me! :D

Till Death do us par, Riv. ;)
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby Futureite » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:13 pm

Thanks guys. Good points all the way around. How about that Lockett? Just preseason, but explosion is explosion. He looks legit.
Futureite
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum