Wilson Has a Deep Threat!!!

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Wilson Has a Deep Threat!!!

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:17 pm

Man!!! Tyler Lockette ran under the pass from Wilson and he was gone! The offense has now scored a TD It has been a long long time that we had a true deep threat, a real #1 receiver.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Re: Wilson Has a Deep Threat!!!

Postby monkey » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:48 pm

Wilson's stat line for the night
R. Wilson 1/1 63 yards 1 td
:lol: :lol:
This is the most excited I've been for a rookie WR since Joey Galloway.
monkey
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:37 pm

That was fun! Yipppeeee
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby obiken » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:46 am

Not me, he'll just tear an ACL and that'll be it. Just our luck.
obiken
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:16 am

I guess that most of you are too young to remember the first Seahawk deep threat...DT, Deep Threat Darrell Thomas.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby curmudgeon » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:43 am

Daryl Turner.......
curmudgeon
Legacy

Postby kalibane » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:51 am

Lockett looks like he had that special Galloway speed though. He just seems to glide right by people who have good angles on him.
kalibane
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:12 am

Lockette is more fluid than Galloway. He appears to be an incredibly special player. Oh yeah RD you are too old to remember our first deep threat you forgot lol :D I remember Krieg throwing an 80 yard TD bomb to Darryl the burner Turner on the first play of the game against the Broncos on MNF in the mid 80's. Turner could burn but he couldn't catch very well if I recall.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Distant Relative » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:59 am

Here are the highlights from the game.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201509036 ... tab=videos
Distant Relative
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:18 am

curmudgeon wrote:Daryl Turner.......

Got me! My memory is shorter than my manhood.

DT used to give up on catchable balls. The guy loafed.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby politicalfootball » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:44 am

Finally plus we also have Baldwin who works real hard at getting open. Now if we can have our OL do their job we are in business.
politicalfootball
Legacy

Postby Mo the Toe » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:33 am

Deep Heat Daryl Turner. I think my memory is unfortunatly longer than my manhood. I remember him as always open deep but having difficulties catching it. When I watch The Replacements Clifford Franklin always reminds me of him.
Mo the Toe
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:51 am

Even though he was billed as a "deep threat" Daryl Turner was really great in the red zone. He run the Fade route where only he could get to the ball. He was almost automatic, if the pass was good. He could be really frustrating though, like RD said he would drop EZ passes thrown right to him. Oh, and he hated to go over the middle, I think the first time I heard the term "alligator" arms was when Largent was describing how and why DT missed what should have been a long pass over the middle.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:47 pm

I just got through the first quarter of the Raiders game, and yes, that pass play to Lockett was perfect. The cornerback did stumble, but I still think Lockett would have beat him even without the stumble. He also made a nice catch on a back shoulder throw that he had to go down and get.

What impressed me more than Lockett's play was that of Frank Clark's. That guy is a monster, and had another fine game. Our DL is as deep as I've ever seen it. I've changed my forecast next week from an opening season loss at St. Louis to a win. I still don't think that highly of our offense, but that D should carry the day.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:14 pm

RiverDog wrote:I just got through the first quarter of the Raiders game, and yes, that pass play to Lockett was perfect. The cornerback did stumble, but I still think Lockett would have beat him even without the stumble. He also made a nice catch on a back shoulder throw that he had to go down and get.

What impressed me more than Lockett's play was that of Frank Clark's. That guy is a monster, and had another fine game. Our DL is as deep as I've ever seen it. I've changed my forecast next week from an opening season loss at St. Louis to a win. I still don't think that highly of our offense, but that D should carry the day.

Yeah, we didn't see much of the first team Offense to make any judgements last night. The 2nd team looked fairly good for the most part but it might be that our overall talent is much better than Oaklands and as the backups play, it shows up more.
Lockett does have some wheels and Clark looked good against mostly 2nd stringers but he showed enough in pre-season to answer why they thought so highly of him.
I still think it will be tough to not have at best a 1-1 record after 2 games and more likely be 0-2. As usual, it will be up to the Defense to determine the outcome, and both Safety positions if ET isn't ready could be the Achilles heal of our Defense. I like how the young guys in the secondary are coming along, but they aren't ET and Kam.
Maybe more pressure from the front 7 will be the answer until one or both return to play.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum