Fred Jackson has signed, Christine Michael being shopped

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Re: Fred Jackson has signed, Christine Michael being shopped

Postby c_hawkbob » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:01 pm

And Turbo is being waived w/injury designation ... suddenly our backfield looks very different behind Beast.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Venice_Hawk » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:33 pm

Why would any team trade for Michael if he would most likely be available after being cut tomorrow?
Unless there are several teams showing interest in him.
Venice_Hawk
Legacy

Postby SalmonBB » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:38 pm

...or maybe we keep both fullbacks.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
SalmonBB
Legacy

Postby monkey » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:56 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:And Turbo is being waived w/injury designation ... suddenly our backfield looks very different behind Beast.

Yup.
http://www.fieldgulls.com/2015/9/4/9264 ... esignation
monkey
Legacy

Postby monkey » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:57 pm

Venice_Hawk wrote:Why would any team trade for Michael if he would most likely be available after being cut tomorrow?
Unless there are several teams showing interest in him.

Because there may be several teams that would snap him up, meaning that the team that wants him, wouldn't get him....this is how the process works.
monkey
Legacy

Postby monkey » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:59 pm

Old but Slow wrote:Wonder if this is good news for Rawls? Jackson takes Turbin's spot and Rawls moves in for Michael.

I think it's great news for Rawls, who I think will be the third stringer, and the new guy they are hoping can eventually become Lynch's replacement down the line.
Rawls low pad running style is more like Beast Mode's anyway, and he's more suited to the ZBS than Michael was IMO.
monkey
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:22 pm

Rawls seems to be that type of runner who always falls forward.
He'll have a good mentor in Jackson to learn how to be a real pro.
I kinda worry about Michael going to a team where he could be a better fit if he ends up in the NFC. I think he could be a good back for the right team.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby obiken » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:16 pm

Thats what I say, Rawls is a keeper. What RB has shown us this much this early?? River, C-bob?? They would have a better list than me but Warren, SA, Harry Sidney, and Curt Warner, come to mind. I am not saying he's that good but he is worth keeping over Michael.
obiken
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:04 am

obiken wrote:Thats what I say, Rawls is a keeper. What RB has shown us this much this early?? River, C-bob?? They would have a better list than me but Warren, SA, Harry Sidney, and Curt Warner, come to mind. I am not saying he's that good but he is worth keeping over Michael.

For us? Sherman Smith is the only one I can think of to add to your list.

I liked what I saw, too. Rawls is your typical downhill runner. I haven't had much of a chance to see how well he blocks, which was Michael's downfall.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:27 am

obiken wrote:Thats what I say, Rawls is a keeper. What RB has shown us this much this early?? River, C-bob?? They would have a better list than me but Warren, SA, Harry Sidney, and Curt Warner, come to mind. I am not saying he's that good but he is worth keeping over Michael.

This early? As in rookie preseason? ... Dan Doornink was awesome as a rookie as I recall, but I don't remember what he did in the preseason. I do remember Mo Morris tearing up San Diego in a preseason game but then he got hurt and was out the rest of preseason I think. I don't remember John L as a rookie in preseason ...
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:06 am

I thought that Turbin might be in trouble, I almost picked him as my "surprise" cut of camp instead of Ricardo Lockette. Turbo just has not looked the same this pre-season, he didn't have that burst through the hole into the defensive backfield. I chalked it up to the O-Line not blocking well but other backs such as CM and Rawls were picking up YAC and Turbin wasn't. Those two red zone sweeps where he lost 7 yards I understand was not his fault, it was Jimmy Graham who blew his block in that first sweep against Denver and I don't know who missed a block in that other blown sweep. It doesn't matter, RT just did not look the same as in previous years. Maybe he hasn't come all the way back from his double hip surgery. Surgery on both hips is very hard for even a regular person to come back from in so short a time let alone a world class athlete. That High Ankle Sprain sealed his fate.

Now, Cristine Micheal, he never firmly established himself as the "heir apparent" of Marshawn Lynch. His first season he saw almost no action, his 2nd. season he kept having nagging little injuries that limited the few opportunities that came his way. In this TC, this pre-season he really needed to stand out. But, he didn't, Rawls looked like he had the more "upside" than CM did. Maybe a change of scenery is what he needs.

Rawl is RAW and he does need to work on his blocking, but what a burst he has whether he is running out side or between the Tackles. He is going to be an exciting player and he is already showing the "tools" we always had expected to see in Micheal.

Jesse Williams? What can I say? I think we were all pulling for him but when I saw King and Hill being so physical and so much younger I kind of thought Jesse would have a hard time making the roster of a Super Bowl team. He came back from cancer surgery and gave up a kidney, he has a lot of pluck in him. He just might make it on another team's roster. One thing I do know, Jesse is going to do some great things with his life whether on or off the football field.

I feel the same about Jesse as I felt about Nate Boyer. I really thought Nate would get a longer look since our LS has been less than "automatic" the last few years.

There was talk on the radio yesterday that Bailey might get cut because of his inconsistency.

I believe we are going to be even more surprised by who is going to make the 53 and who isn't. I just wish the Practice Squad was like the old Taxi-Squad where they were our players and other teams couldn't grab them. The upside is that we can harvest players from their Practice Squads too, of course.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby monkey » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:29 am

c_hawkbob wrote:
This early? As in rookie preseason? ... Dan Doornink was awesome as a rookie as I recall, but I don't remember what he did in the preseason. I do remember Mo Morris tearing up San Diego in a preseason game but then he got hurt and was out the rest of preseason I think. I don't remember John L as a rookie in preseason ...

Hellllllooooo Justin Forsett??? :shock: :D
He absolutely EXPLODED rookie pre season. I'm still ticked that everyone fretted over his size so much that they let him go. He proved last year what I've been saying since we drafted him, he's a REALLY good runner, one whose size isn't as big a disadvantage as people think.
monkey
Legacy

Postby monkey » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:34 am

BTW I am still geeking over this signing.
Also still geeking over the way our top two rookies looked against the Raiders!!!
I thought Lockett had an incredible pre-season (he did of course!) and he'll get all the hype because offense is fun top watch, but IMO the guy who really had the best pre-season was Frank Clark!
That man DOMINATED four games! Four freaking games he DOMINATED as a rookie D Lineman...that's impressive.
In fact, I'm so jacked and pumped (or is it pumped and jacked?) right now over all the greatness exhibited, and over the Jackson signing that I feel like....
monkey
Legacy

Postby politicalfootball » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:56 pm

Yeah Michael did not fit our system very good he was a change of pace back. Don't know much about Jackson but am hoping
politicalfootball
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:11 pm

This early? As in rookie preseason? ... Dan Doornink was awesome as a rookie as I recall, but I don't remember what he did in the preseason. I do remember Mo Morris tearing up San Diego in a preseason game but then he got hurt and was out the rest of preseason I think. I don't remember John L as a rookie in preseason

I agree but he has shown more at this point than any Rookie back in a long time. I am not drooling over the kid Bob, just impressed with him.
obiken
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:48 pm

Beast and Freddy will get nearly all the action this year.

They didn't bring in a 34 yr old to sit around.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby obiken » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:54 am

He's signed but now as of this writing; however, you guys are putting a lot of faith in a 34 year old NFL RB, when a lot of the great ones never lasted that long. I just don't see it.
obiken
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:51 am

He's a good pass blocker which will probably come in handy and he's very good as an outlet for the QB.
34 is old for any player, but with limited reps, he might be able to give us something that Michael could not, namely ball security and knowing his assignment.
Hopefully Rawls learns how to be a real pro from him and Lynch. It would do him well to keep his eyes and ears open when they go about their business.

Edit:
From PFT:

"During an appearance on 710 ESPN in Seattle Monday, Seahawks coach Pete Carroll shared some of what the Seahawks will be asking Jackson to do this season.

“I’ve asked him to really dig into the throwing game so that he can be a third-down guy for us,” Carroll said. “He’s not going to have any trouble with the run game, he’ll know what’s going on there, he’ll pick that up, but the pass-protection stuff is really what will tax him the most. He understands it, he’s a good pass-pro guy and he’s a terrific catcher, so that part is going to fit in really well, the security of that. We like Marshawn on third down, we like using him there, but he needs a break now and then, so I like to have a real steady guy going in.”"
NorthHawk
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum