Could this be the last ever Tim Tebow thread?

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Could this be the last ever Tim Tebow thread?

Postby RiverDog » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:03 pm

Tim Tebow was cut by the Eagles today. Is this the end of his professional football career?
RiverDog
Legacy

Re: Could this be the last ever Tim Tebow thread?

Postby HumanCockroach » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:07 pm

Shocker if the media is to be believed, not so much for people who pay attention. He might have another opportunity, he did improve drastically in his delivery( from horrid, to pretty bad), so I could see another team taking a flyer on him. Good guy, bad QB...
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:31 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:Shocker if the media is to be believed, not so much for people who pay attention. He might have another opportunity, he did improve drastically in his delivery( from horrid, to pretty bad), so I could see another team taking a flyer on him. Good guy, bad QB...

He did look a lot better, and when they traded Barkley, I thought he might have earned a spot on the Eagles' roster, especially considering the injury history of their starter.

But there's a lot of fish in the ocean, and not a lot of opportunities for a run-first quarterback like Tebow. The Eagles were supposed to be his perfect fit. My instincts tell me that Tebow goes back to broadcasting SEC games, where his popularity will always insure that he never goes hungry.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:59 pm

Well at least the Kelly interview where Chip lays it out nicely "Tebow has progressed significantly, but he is not good enough to be our number three QB at this time" should nix the whole conspiracy theory about Tebows faith keeping him from not only playing, but starting in the NFL. ( should but won't).
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:09 pm

Kinda depends on you doesn't it? :D
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby kalibane » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:24 pm

He's like Jason. It's never over. Just when you figure he's too old to ever have a prayer we'll be hit with "Tim Tebow, a Football Life".
kalibane
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:30 pm

My sister, an Ultra right wing Neo-Con, loves him and thought he would make the team.
obiken
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:22 pm

I'm guessing Kelley thought long and hard about this one based on the trade of Barkley a day earlier. I wonder if it was the traveling circus that tipped the scales. Tebow had a 58% completion rate and some nice deeper throws, back shoulder etc, throws he couldn't make before.He had a quicker delivery with less of a looping windup. He definitely improved greatly. If Christine Micheal had this guys work ethic he would be all pro.
I think Tim might have a chance to land on a roster depending on what happens around the league with injuries etc. perhaps even in Philly. Either way hes a super great kid with a bright future whatever he does.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby kalibane » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:11 pm

Correction: Whatever he does outside of playing QB.
kalibane
Legacy

Postby SalmonBB » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:50 pm

The real teflon QB is Christian Ponder. Somehow that guy keeps emerging somewhere, and yet there is no real explanation why.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
SalmonBB
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:12 pm

Hawktawk wrote:I'm guessing Kelley thought long and hard about this one based on the trade of Barkley a day earlier. I wonder if it was the traveling circus that tipped the scales. Tebow had a 58% completion rate and some nice deeper throws, back shoulder etc, throws he couldn't make before.He had a quicker delivery with less of a looping windup. He definitely improved greatly. If Christine Micheal had this guys work ethic he would be all pro.
I think Tim might have a chance to land on a roster depending on what happens around the league with injuries etc. perhaps even in Philly. Either way hes a super great kid with a bright future whatever he does.

I hadn't heard a lot of activity from "The Circus" for quite awhile. I think most fell off the wagon after Tebow's stint with the Jets and they've never gotten back on. Each time he gets traded or cut, he loses a few more believers when the reality that he's not a very good quarterback starts to sink in.

Tebow seemed to do a pretty good job as a color commentator with the SEC Network, so we might see him some day on ESPN or some other nation wide network. But at 28 years old, he's no longer a kid and this was in all liklihood his last hurrah as far as professional football goes. I'm sure he's a nice guy and there's worse things in life than being a televangilist, but I won't miss him.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:45 pm

SalmonBB wrote:The real teflon QB is Christian Ponder. Somehow that guy keeps emerging somewhere, and yet there is no real explanation why.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!

I believe Ponder was cut by the Raiders.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:00 am

Philly signed a second year QB out of Miami. He never cracked 60% in 4 years of college and completed just over half his passes this preseason for the Jags with 1 TD.I hardly see how either he or Ponder would help the team more than Tebow from an on the field standpoint.

And yeah RD theres still a circus. The fact that the news was plastered all over that a third string QB got cut is as much proof as anything. It isn't near what it used to be but it still exists and always will as long as Tebow is on this quest quixotic as it may be.
Its something any coach would have to consider.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:46 pm

Hawktawk wrote: And yeah RD theres still a circus. The fact that the news was plastered all over that a third string QB got cut is as much proof as anything. It isn't near what it used to be but it still exists and always will as long as Tebow is on this quest quixotic as it may be. Its something any coach would have to consider.

It's news and always will be because Tebow and his followers made such a name for him, so of course the media is going to run with a story about TT getting cut vs. the vast majority of the other couple hundred players that failed to make an NFL roster. But there's no longer the circus atmosphere surrounding him, at least not to the extent that it would hurt TT's chances of landing a job. Tebow was cut for exclusively football reasons that had nothing to do with off field or extraneous concerns.

Here's an article from USA Today that highlights my point:

This has nothing to do with the potential distraction of Tebowmania. This is about Tebow not being a good enough quarterback to warrant the Eagles keeping him instead of an empty roster spot as they trimmed down to 52.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf ... /71772074/
RiverDog
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum