Hawks shopping Kam?

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Hawks shopping Kam?

Postby Futureite » Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:45 pm

Trade rumor is that Giants and Hawks are talking now. Would you guys be happy with Victor Cruz straight up? Kam is heart and soul of that D and indespensible. If you have to trade him though, do you want more O or D? Or just draft picks?
Futureite
Legacy

Re: Hawks shopping Kam?

Postby Futureite » Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:48 pm

Cruz, Lockett, Baldwin Graham, Lynch/Jackson would take you to one of the best skill position groups in the league, literally out of nowhere. Goddamn it.
Futureite
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:02 pm

Not going anywhere. If the G men want to dump Cruz and a first, they would get Seattle's attention Cruz for Kam straight across? Nope, not a chance in hell. Nobody even knows if Cruz is healthy and recovered fully yet.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:07 pm

Now Odell for Kam ...

The report is garbage. It's someone saying they've had a discussion, we've already been told that almost everybody has had the same discussion about Kam, and it ends with "not interested"- *click*
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:10 pm

Would you guys be happy with Victor Cruz straight up?

It's only 2pm- are you drunk already??
burrrton
Legacy

Postby kalibane » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:21 pm

Odell would have my attention. But there is no way NY is about to trade him, he's the most popular athlete in all of NY. Victor Cruz is a joke. We have a younger Cruz on the PUP.
kalibane
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:23 pm

Futureite wrote:Trade rumor is that Giants and Hawks are talking now. Would you guys be happy with Victor Cruz straight up? Kam is heart and soul of that D and indespensible. If you have to trade him though, do you want more O or D? Or just draft picks?

Talking is one thing. Doing it is quite another.

I posted earlier this week that I wouldn't be surprised if the Hawks started shopping Kam if for nothing else to make him and his agent a little nervous, so this rumor is no big surprise, at least not to me. There's no way Kam is going to want to play for the Giants and miss an opportunity for another ring. He wouldn't be in such close contact with the team if he really wanted out.

But to answer your question, with Lockett looking a lot like a younger Victor Cruz, I wouldn't want Cruz for Kam straight up. I'd rather have the Giant's first rounder, although I doubt he fetches that high of a pick, probably more like a 3rd rounder, which is why we won't trade him. There's no way we can get anywhere close to his value through a trade.

This is all about pride. Kam doesn't want to end his holdout and come back to the team with his tail between his legs. The problem is that it's going to be really hard to find a way for him to save even the tiniest amount of face.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Futureite » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:19 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:Not going anywhere. If the G men want to dump Cruz and a first, they would get Seattle's attention Cruz for Kam straight across? Nope, not a chance in hell. Nobody even knows if Cruz is healthy and recovered fully yet.

Of course this is all speculation, but the thought process is that Hawks have less leverage in a trade situation because they are getting nothing if he sits (obviously). Also, while Kam is great in Seattle's system, who knows how much value he'd add to a mediocore secondary like NY's (and that is not a knock on his ability). He's a big, physical enforcer. Seems like they need a smaller cover guy back there.

Honestly if this were the 49ers I'd welcome Cruz. He's been a dominant player in this league, and he can play any position at WR. Assuming he is fully recovered and medically cleared, I see no reason why he will not return to form.

Either way this is just talk at this point. I never thought it would get this far.
Futureite
Legacy

Postby Futureite » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:25 pm

River;

I agree. He's worth a 1st, at the very least. The question is, who has leverage. Kam, or the Hawks? No one really knows if Kam is willing to sit for an extended period of time or not. That's prob the key to this whole thing.
Futureite
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:26 pm

Although I agree it's a message to Kam at this point, the Giants are in desperate need of Safety help, so it's no wonder any rumor would be with them. It would be better if it was Cleveland, though.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum