NFL Network

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

NFL Network

Postby SalmonBB » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:01 pm

Anyone else notice how bad it has become? They play preseason re-run after pre-season re-run, and then when NFL Total Acccess does come on, it is hosted by an insanely opinionated Dan Hellie. I used to like the guy, but it's as if the he has suddenly gotten full of himself. When Tom Brady was "set free," he acted so overjoyed. I really don't care what he thinks of Tom Brady, or Tim Tebow, or whoever ... just can't stand when people get that condescending tone in their voice when espousing their opinion. Dan Hellie has become that guy ... and unfortunately it seems he's the only show in town now. What happened to the rest of the crew? Did NFL Network fire everyone else, and just keep him? Hoping this is just a preseason thing.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
SalmonBB
Legacy

Re: NFL Network

Postby obiken » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:19 pm

Grievance to Roger Goodell.
obiken
Legacy

Postby curmudgeon » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:35 pm

Completely devolved into Patriot gravy licking spew fest.........
curmudgeon
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:51 pm

I'm not much interested in their offseason programming. Occasionally I do like watching "A Football Life" if they feature one of my favorites from the past, and they ran a really great series called "Full Color Football: A History of the AFL" that I loved and is a can't miss for any fan of pro football. And I don't pay much attention to their in season mid week programming either as I prefer to listen to Sirius XM's 24/7 programming and I don't care to watch a lot of reruns except for the Hawks, of which I usually have the game already recorded.

So bottom line is that outside of their game day coverage and the games they broadcast, I don't watch a whole lot of it so I can't venture too much of an opinion.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:40 am

I get really tired of the in-studio reruns that they sometimes repeat all through my island's prime 8pm - 12mn in Hawaii, until NFL-AM comes on at midnight.

BUT, I do like watching Mike Rob become exactly what we all figured he wanted to be on TV... he's been moving up the ladder, from occasional guest, to part-time location person to now working in the studio, which is where the he will get the most airtime. Next stop may be Thursday night football.

You're right about lots of reruns right now, that's for sure, but I like to watch some of the other teams, at least the first 1/2 of the games. I've been watching the Rams, 49ers and Card's games all preseason. It's my opinion that the Rams are having way more issues then we are and unless we can't keep Russell standing upright at all, we should win this game. If Russell gets sacked 6+ times, we will probably be looking holding them to 10 points or less to win. They have one shot to win. Their D Line is beyond good and with Marshawn taking the summer off, I really wonder how he will be against speed ends and linebackers in his first game back...

49'ers...There aren't many names I recognize anymore, except Kaep, Davis and Boldin. They'll win some games if he has improved at all under pressure. He can still run. He killed us a couple of times. He spent the summer 'getting better' --

Arizona on the other hand, we don't play them for 2 months, but right now, like us, they have O Line issues. It looks like they also have D Line and Linebacker issues. Rush Carson and we should win. Give him time and they have some good, fast receivers. We still should win these games. This is not the same Cards team as last year.
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby SalmonBB » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:42 pm

Back onboard with thinking Dan Hellie is alright. I was just in a bad mood when I made this post, and yeah ... a little frustrated with NFL Network ... but moving on. Looking forward to this season!

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
SalmonBB
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum