Kam Finally Pi$$ed Off The Old Man

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Re: Kam Finally Pi$$ed Off The Old Man

Postby Hawk Sista » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:45 pm

For the love of GOD, do we have to isolate this loss to a single reason? Do we have to hang it on a a person?

If any one of a million things happen, we win (or lose worse). Better performance in the red zone, O-line, RW throwing a pick off of his back foot? Missed tackles, porous middle, Kam gone, ETs first game back, play calling, loss of the best linebackers coach in the league, new DC, Sherm in a different role..... It's the amalgamation of all of it. ALL OF IT. But 31 points wins Seahawks games, 99 times out of 100. And I don't give a rats ass how the points are scored.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby Vegaseahawk » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:08 pm

I'm really hoping we get this turned around this weekend or 0-2 with our schedule might be a hole that is too big to climb out of.

Think about what you just said there. What does this hole you speak of represent? Are you saying that the Seattle Seahawks would miss the postseason? Are you saying that we wouldn't post a winning record?
Keep in mind that 0-2 would represent 2 road losses. Any team in the league could climb out of an 0-2 hole fer chrissakes. I think that you are placing too much emphasis on the negativity of the losses themselves, not the schedule, & circumstances regarding the overall picture ahead. Just why do you think that losing Sunday would send our team into a downward spiral or plunge the Seahawks into a hole?? Because of the schedule??.... Well, here it is: Bears Home, Lions Home, Bengals Away, Panthers Home, Niners Away, Cowboys Away, EVERY game winnable. Every game Seattle will likely be either a pickem, or favored in except the Cowboys. Stop with the chicken little. I see it on this forum whenever adversity crosses our path. The glass is half full, & it's a beautiful glass indeed.
Vegaseahawk
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:43 pm

Stop with the chicken little. I see it on this forum whenever adversity crosses our path. The glass is half full, & it's a beautiful glass indeed.

A great reminder. There are/were a lot of 'experts' that thought 0-2 was a distinct (if undesirable) possibility coming into the season, with 12-4 still being the predicted final record.

I'm the first to admit things didn't look great last Sunday, but even with as bad as it looked, we still could have easily walked out of there with a W. If things start turning around even a little, win *or* lose Sunday, there is still a lot of reason to remain bullish on our season overall.

I've said it before, but remember last year: we lost half our first 6 games. Think of that- we were coming up on the halfway point of the season, and we had lost as many as we'd won. Then we won a few and the KC game felt like it was the turning point- we lost that and everyone s*** the bed. Then we won out.

Thanks for the splash of cold water, Vegas.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:55 am

kalibane wrote:I said nothing can't completely end contracts. But you are completely speculating with zero factual basis for your speculation. It's really too lazy to just dismiss three sports where holdouts are a complete non issue on the basis of "apples and oranges" and you have no test to prove that it's apples and oranges, just your gut feeling.

The fact is the average NBA career is only about a year longer than the average NFL career. And guess what. If the NFL had to guarantee contracts the average NFL career would rise immediately because they couldn't just sign a guy to a 3 year deal and release him after one. So for instance a guy like Pierre Thomas would still be on a team instead of his career likely being over.

Guaranteed contracts would change a lot. The reason people hold out in the NFL is holdouts are the only leverage they have to get more guaranteed money.

OK, you might have a point on career length. But certainly there is not the threat, or at the very least the perception, of career ending injuries or life changing events in those other sports as there is in professional football. It is my contention that football athletes have a different mind set because of this threat or perceived threat that makes them more likely to hold out.

I'm not against guaranteeing contracts. There's only so much of the pie they are going to get whether it's guaranteed or not, so what difference does it make? But I don't want us to be the lone ranger and feel it should a negotiated issue when the next CBA is set to expire, along with more teeth in the penalties for failing to honor signed contracts. I certainly do not want us to start guaranteeing contracts as a reward for holding out on a signed contract.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:17 am

"Think about what you just said there. What does this hole you speak of represent? Are you saying that the Seattle Seahawks would miss the postseason? Are you saying that we wouldn't post a winning record?
Keep in mind that 0-2 would represent 2 road losses. Any team in the league could climb out of an 0-2 hole fer chrissakes. I think that you are placing too much emphasis on the negativity of the losses themselves, not the schedule, & circumstances regarding the overall picture ahead. Just why do you think that losing Sunday would send our team into a downward spiral or plunge the Seahawks into a hole?? Because of the schedule??.... Well, here it is: Bears Home, Lions Home, Bengals Away, Panthers Home, Niners Away, Cowboys Away, EVERY game winnable. Every game Seattle will likely be either a pickem, or favored in except the Cowboys. Stop with the chicken little. I see it on this forum whenever adversity crosses our path. The glass is half full, & it's a beautiful glass indeed."

Look at the Seahawks schedule.
It's going to be real tough to beat the Packers in GB - even if we had last years team and added Graham and Lockett. They are tough for anyone to beat in GB and Rodgers is lights out at home.
Here's a comment from PFT about how well Rodgers plays at home:
"In the last two seasons at Lambeau Field, Rodgers has completed 241 of 350 passes for 3,375 yards, with 33 touchdowns and no interceptions. Throw in the Packers’ two home playoff games in the last two seasons, and Rodgers’s numbers improve to 282-for-411, 3,868 yards, 37 TDs, 0 INT.

Really: 37 touchdowns and no interceptions. That works out to a passer rating of 128.5."

The next few games
Bears at home - should be a win.
Lions at home - they have a Defense that's playing very well and their Offense can cause us a lot of problems. If their game against the Chargers is any indication they are like us in 2012 but with a better Offense.
Bengals away - a tough Defense at 10am and an Offense that can put up points
Panthers at home - they always play us tough and if our Offense isn't going well, we will have a tough time to win. Even with our better teams they have kept it close.
49ers away - on paper we should win, but the first game Kaep looked like a different QB and their Defense is still fairly good
Cowboys away - they beat us at home last year - it remains to be seen how much the loss of Bryant will hit them.

If our Offense doesn't get better quickly, we could be 2-6 or 3-5 unless our Defense plays almost perfect games.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:40 pm

Anybody writing in an automatic win for GB this week is a fool. Here's a quote " Seattle boasts the NFLs highest win percentage in prime time games, and is currently 13-1 in said games in the Carroll era" or how about this one " the putrid Bears offense reeled off over 400 yards of offense, and 180 yards rushing, and could have and perhaps should have won last Sunday had they been able to avoid self inflicted mistakes" ( yeah, the Fricken Bears). Ultimately, the teams play the game, NOT the pundits , experts or fans. GB currently is missing their TOP offensive lineman, top receiver, and boasts a mediocre to poor defense, and we are to be live there is "no chance" to win the game? You have GOT to be kidding me, in fact, not only do I think Seattle wins, I think they do so handedly.

Bennett, Avril, Irvin, Clark, Marsh, Hill are going to get to know Mr Rodgers real Real REAL well on Sunday.

Seattle 32 Pack 11

Lynch 184 yards rushing 2 TDS

Wilson 21/27 271 2tds

Lockett 56 yards 1 TD

Graham 117 yards 1 TD

Bennett 3 1/2 sacks force fumble
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:08 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:Anybody writing in an automatic win for GB this week is a fool. Here's a quote " Seattle boasts the NFLs highest win percentage in prime time games, and is currently 13-1 in said games in the Carroll era" or how about this one " the putrid Bears offense reeled off over 400 yards of offense, and 180 yards rushing, and could have and perhaps should have won last Sunday had they been able to avoid self inflicted mistakes" ( yeah, the Fricken Bears). Ultimately, the teams play the game, NOT the pundits , experts or fans. GB currently is missing their TOP offensive lineman, top receiver, and boasts a mediocre to poor defense, and we are to be live there is "no chance" to win the game? You have GOT to be kidding me, in fact, not only do I think Seattle wins, I think they do so handedly.

Bennett, Avril, Irvin, Clark, Marsh, Hill are going to get to know Mr Rodgers real Real REAL well on Sunday.

Seattle 32 Pack 11

Wilson 21/27 271 2tds

Lockett 56 yards 1 TD

Graham 117 yards 1 TD

HC, if that prediction comes anywhere close to being true, I will be more than happy to buy you a case of whatever it is you are drinking! :D
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Vegaseahawk » Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:13 pm

Seattle 32 Pack 11

Wilson 21/27 271 2tds

Lockett 56 yards 1 TD

Graham 117 yards 1 TD

^
^
^
>>>>>>>THIS<<<<<<<
Why not have Irvin, Avril, & Clark all score too! I say that Blitz gets activated for a play & takes it to the houussseee!!!
THIS is what I'm talking bout! Let's get behind our team & get a road win boys, & girls!
Sea 27- GB 26
SHOCKED & STUNNED! (Say it with a british accent)
Vegaseahawk
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:52 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:Anybody writing in an automatic win for GB this week is a fool. Here's a quote " Seattle boasts the NFLs highest win percentage in prime time games, and is currently 13-1 in said games in the Carroll era" or how about this one " the putrid Bears offense reeled off over 400 yards of offense, and 180 yards rushing, and could have and perhaps should have won last Sunday had they been able to avoid self inflicted mistakes" ( yeah, the Fricken Bears). Ultimately, the teams play the game, NOT the pundits , experts or fans. GB currently is missing their TOP offensive lineman, top receiver, and boasts a mediocre to poor defense, and we are to be live there is "no chance" to win the game? You have GOT to be kidding me, in fact, not only do I think Seattle wins, I think they do so handedly.

Seattle 32 Pack 11

Wilson 21/27 271 2tds

Lockett 56 yards 1 TD

Graham 117 yards 1 TD

Other than starting your post with "anybody that doesn't think like me is a fool" I like it.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Distant Relative » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:46 pm

Cam, Fire your agent and move on! Might save a little face with your team mates that way.
Distant Relative
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:49 pm

I didn't post that Bob, and if it came across that way, I apologize. I simply was trying to convey, there is simply NO such thing as an automatic win, regardless of where, when and who is playing. Seattle has a solid (if not good chance) to go into GB and win, not sure why people continue to write Seattle off in any situation at this point is beyond me. (especially their own bleeding fans).
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:47 pm

No biggie Roach, as I said other than that I'm picking us to lose this game (which is why it felt like I was being called a fool) I really did like your post.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:30 am

I cant outright pick my team to lose and I never wager against them but lets just say I didnt feel warm and fuzzy about these two "Hawkblock" openers. That was before Cam Bam went AWOL. We will see.... :shock:
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:11 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:No biggie Roach, as I said other than that I'm picking us to lose this game (which is why it felt like I was being called a fool) I really did like your post.

We all should be betting with our heads and cheering for the Hawks with our Hearts. We all love the Hawks, but that doesn't mean that we shut off our logic when analyzing these games.
obiken
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:27 pm

obiken wrote:We all should be betting with our heads and cheering for the Hawks with our Hearts. We all love the Hawks, but that doesn't mean that we shut off our logic when analyzing these games.

I couldn't agree more. I made $100 last year when I went to Las Vegas and bet on the Chiefs but it didn't stop me from cheering wildly for my team. I knew our team well enough to give myself an advantage and I didn't bet enough to make me worry about winning or losing a fortune, so why not? Betting against the Hawks set up a no lose situation for me.
RiverDog
Legacy

Previous

Return to Seahawks Forum