Mama Lynch

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Mama Lynch

Postby Uppercut » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:50 pm

Beasts Mama called for Bevell to be fired! LOL

http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/2015/09/15/marshawn-lynchs-mother-thinks-seattle-seahawks-offensive-coordinator-darrell-bevell-should-be-fired/

Very Unimaginative Coach. Has been getting by because of the D!

Mike Martz maybe be rested and ready
Uppercut
Legacy

Re: Mama Lynch

Postby Anthony » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:57 pm

Uppercut wrote:Beasts Mama called for Bevell to be fired! LOL

http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/2015/09/15/marshawn-lynchs-mother-thinks-seattle-seahawks-offensive-coordinator-darrell-bevell-should-be-fired/

Very Unimaginative Coach. Has been getting by because of the D!

Mike Martz maybe be rested and ready

My son knows her and they talk a lot. Some interesting things, did you know when Wilson is calling the plays he checks with Lynch to make sure they are on the same page. Did you also know Mama Lynch thinks the offense would run much much better if Wilson called all the plays. Also Wilson is not allowed to audible at all unless hurry up, up tempo, 2 minute drill which is the only time he gets to call the plays. Also even during those times if Bevel radios in a play he has to go with it. She said you can tell when Wilson calls the plays because they move the ball. LOL
Anthony
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:22 pm

Anthony wrote:

My son knows her and they talk a lot. Some interesting things, did you know when Wilson is calling the plays he checks with Lynch to make sure they are on the same page. Did you also know Mama Lynch thinks the offense would run much much better if Wilson called all the plays. Also Wilson is not allowed to audible at all unless hurry up, up tempo, 2 minute drill which is the only time he gets to call the plays. Also even during those times if Bevel radios in a play he has to go with it. She said you can tell when Wilson calls the plays because they move the ball. LOL

That's some good inside info. The Hawks do seem to play their best offensively in the hurry up, sometimes they even seem unstoppable. With that being said Peteball calls for the offense to grind the ball and control the clock so I would be surprised to see them employ this on a regular basis, expect for obvious 2 minute situations and possibly when the offense is looking for a spark.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:02 pm

mykc14 wrote:
That's some good inside info. The Hawks do seem to play their best offensively in the hurry up, sometimes they even seem unstoppable. With that being said Peteball calls for the offense to grind the ball and control the clock so I would be surprised to see them employ this on a regular basis, expect for obvious 2 minute situations and possibly when the offense is looking for a spark.

True but a good coach adapts and peteball also calls for the defense to hold the lead. The reality is right now they need to open the offense and score more.
Anthony
Legacy

Postby SalmonBB » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:14 pm

What's frustrating is that we have not played the read option since the regualr season last year. It was effective. They lined up a few times like they were running it this past weekend, but you're not really running it if only the RB runs the ball. I got it ... there's all types of excuses not to run the QB, like "we can't risk our franchise QB getting hit," and "defenses are 'spying' RW now." Regarding the first, if running RW is what opens up the offense and it is effective, and it is what he does well ... then why pay him the money we're paying him to be an okay pocket passer? Plus we don't have to run him all the time ... maybe just 2 or three times a game. Regarding not running him because he's being "spied," since when has RW had a hard time getting around someone "spying" him?

Simply put, when RW runs, we get first downs. We open up the run game for Beast-Mode. We open up the pass. Our offense gets better. But someone is insisting that our QB try to sit tight and be Peyton Manning. When we go into the game with that mentality, this offense becomes very frustrating to watch ... because they are not getting to play to their strengths.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
SalmonBB
Legacy

Postby obiken » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:33 pm

The Rams have the best front 4 in the league they would just take out RW every time and then giggle and say go find a new qb. Sure against lesser teams it works, but the Pack isn't a lesser team.
obiken
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:41 pm

Does this not line up with what many of us have been saying all along about Bevell? Did he not run a vanilla, try not to lose offense for most of the 2nd. half of the Super Bowl? Then, as soon as we were behind and went in to the hurry up Wilson & Company were unstoppable.

Bevell of course blew it at the end though with that stupid pass play call at the goal line to Ricardo Lockette of all people. Yeah, I know, Pete to the blame for the call but then Pete always protects his coaches and players that way. Not always, of course. He called for an onside kick off that was blown and then he said it was supposed to be kicked to the 15 yard line and Haushka missed the kick. That is a load of B.S. You could tell how our players lined up and how they reacted that they expected an onside kick off.

You notice that other teams are not falling all over themselves to hire Darrel Bevell as their new HC. Why is that? The answer is that they know that our team's offense would be even more productive if we had a better OC. Oh, and I am sure it was Bevell who told Pete how much better our offense would be if we only had Percy Harvin, that turned out great, NOT!!!

I know Pete is a defense guy but come on Carroll, can you not see that the offense would be a lot better with out Bevell.

Today was TELL THE TRUTH TUESDAY, maybe Pete can't see the truth staring him in the face. Truth, TRUTH!! PETE CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:40 am

SalmonBB wrote:What's frustrating is that we have not played the read option since the regualr season last year. It was effective. They lined up a few times like they were running it this past weekend, but you're not really running it if only the RB runs the ball. I got it ... there's all types of excuses not to run the QB, like "we can't risk our franchise QB getting hit," and "defenses are 'spying' RW now." Regarding the first, if running RW is what opens up the offense and it is effective, and it is what he does well ... then why pay him the money we're paying him to be an okay pocket passer? Plus we don't have to run him all the time ... maybe just 2 or three times a game. Regarding not running him because he's being "spied," since when has RW had a hard time getting around someone "spying" him?

Simply put, when RW runs, we get first downs. We open up the run game for Beast-Mode. We open up the pass. Our offense gets better. But someone is insisting that our QB try to sit tight and be Peyton Manning. When we go into the game with that mentality, this offense becomes very frustrating to watch ... because they are not getting to play to their strengths.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!

Absolutely. Wilson HAS to keep the ball occasionally, or it is a delayed handoff. I have discussed this numerous times the last couple seasons with my brother, honestly it helps Wilson get into a rhythm as well.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby The POPE » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:47 pm

Just waiting to see the Jet sweep with Lockett. I bet Bevell pulls that one out pretty soon. Thus far Lockett is the new Percy, minus the attitude.
Maybe he might get even more creative and run a reverse or something similar.

The POPE
The POPE
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:32 pm

SalmonBB wrote:Simply put, when RW runs, we get first downs. We open up the run game for Beast-Mode. We open up the pass. Our offense gets better. But someone is insisting that our QB try to sit tight and be Peyton Manning. When we go into the game with that mentality, this offense becomes very frustrating to watch ... because they are not getting to play to their strengths.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!

Great post! As much as I've looked it over, I cannot improve on it.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby SalmonBB » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:52 pm

Thanks, RD. That means alot coming from you. Glad to know that you and some others in this forum are noticing the same thing.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
SalmonBB
Legacy

Postby obiken » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:47 pm

Agreed but the situation has changed get used to it. The Hawks have a TON of guaranteed money hanging out there on Russell, they are no longer going to just let him run around out there.
obiken
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:08 pm

If money was a concern, Matt Flynn, Aaron Curry, housyourdaddy, and Harvin would still be running around, money does not drive this team, winning does. They paid the man BECAUSE he can do that.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby obiken » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:16 am

There is no way that you allow a just paid Franchise QB to run around like the past 3 years. I agree, its good for the team but with this OL can you really afford to get him hurt? Clay Mathews is just waiting to lay the wood to this guy.
obiken
Legacy

Postby Hawktown » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:25 am

obiken wrote:There is no way that you allow a just paid Franchise QB to run around like the past 3 years. I agree, its good for the team but with this OL can you really afford to get him hurt? Clay Mathews is just waiting to lay the wood to this guy.

IMO, RW is paid to do what he does but they still appear to hold him back. His paycheck should not matter. The only thing that should matter is getting the W. Life is a risk.
Hawktown
Legacy

Postby SalmonBB » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:45 pm

And Clay Matthews is waiting to lay the wood to him no matter where he is.

From what I saw last week, RW may be safer on the outside running around than he is inside, anyway. If RW doesn't run, and they know he's staying home, then all the defense does is collapse the pocket, and they send one or two extra than if they didn't know what was coming. Then we've just reduced him from being a great QB that this offense was made for - and that we are paying for - into to a mediocre pocket passer. One who is getting sacked over an over. Because of fear, we will settle for mediocrity. Because we fear Clay Matthews. And because we'll fear whoever it is the next week. It is not the right way to think.

If, on the other hand, we let RW run a few times a game on deliberate run plays (I'd be happy with twice in a game at this point), I think we'll see the return of our running game, and our passing game - from in and out of the pocket.

Did we just buy a Mercedes, only to keep it in the garage? Boy, isn't that great!

I don't believe in living in fear. It's tough enough to win any given Sunday, but if you're playing conservatively, then goodbye to the possibility. I know Pete Carroll doesn't believe in that either, which makes me think that instead of being fearful, maybe he and Bevell are trying to prove something about RW's ability as a pocket guy. But that's idiotic, and that would go against Carroll's philosophy of planning around the individual strengths of his players. I don't know why they are making RW stay home, but whatever the reason, they need to drop it and let him play.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
SalmonBB
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:51 pm

SalmonBB wrote:And Clay Matthews is waiting to lay the wood to him no matter where he is.

From what I saw last week, RW may be safer on the outside running around than he is inside, anyway. If RW doesn't run, and they know he's staying home, then all the defense does is collapse the pocket, and they send one or two extra than if they didn't know what was coming. Then we've just reduced him from being a great QB that this offense was made for - and that we are paying for - into to a mediocre pocket passer. One who is getting sacked over an over. Because of fear, we will settle for mediocrity. Because we fear Clay Matthews. And because we'll fear whoever it is the next week. It is not the right way to think.

If, on the other hand, we let RW run a few times a game on deliberate run plays (I'd be happy with twice in a game at this point), I think we'll see the return of our running game, and our passing game - from in and out of the pocket.

Did we just buy a Mercedes, only to keep it in the garage? Boy, isn't that great!

I don't believe in living in fear. It's tough enough to win any given Sunday, but if you're playing conservatively, then goodbye to the possibility. I know Pete Carroll doesn't believe in that either, which makes me think that instead of being fearful, maybe he and Bevell are trying to prove something about RW's ability as a pocket guy. But that's idiotic, and that would go against Carroll's philosophy of planning around the individual strengths of his players. I don't know why they are making RW stay home, but whatever the reason, they need to drop it and let him play.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!

I think you are right, and if the coaches thought they should be conservative with their core players, they wouldn't have them on ST, either.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:53 pm

Momma Lynch...funny stuff.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:17 pm

Salmon B&B. Good Chit from you in this thread. Thanks. I agree with what you are saying. You gotta dance with the one that bring ya. If RW becomes a pocket passer, he becomes a $17,000,000 man and not a $21,600,000 man. He's so good because he's a threat. His escapability and running ability are a big part of why he is special. He was the 15th best rusher in the NFL last year. Not compared to QBs, compared to every flippin body, including running backs. 800 + yards rushing is exactly what makes him elite. There's NO shame in that. He's not Brady or Rodgers from the pocket right now so we shouldn't try to fit a square peg into a round hole - no matter what his salary. If it's a forgone conclusion that the read option isn't really there for us, we will be an 8 n 8 squad if we are lucky.

#nofear #goHawks
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby obiken » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:54 pm

SalmonBB wrote:And Clay Matthews is waiting to lay the wood to him no matter where he is.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!

I agree S, but that is the way they are thinking not the way I'm thinking. All of us fans are on your page, all I'm saying is they are on the other page.
obiken
Legacy

Postby SalmonBB » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:01 pm

Got ya' Obi! We're on the same sheet! Man, I hope the Seahawks put something together this weekend.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
SalmonBB
Legacy

Postby obiken » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:33 pm

SalmonBB wrote:Got ya' Obi! We're on the same sheet! Man, I hope the Seahawks put something together this weekend.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!

Right on Baby!!
obiken
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum