Steven A Smith Seattle Seahawks about to implode.

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Steven A Smith Seattle Seahawks about to implode.

Postby obiken » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:51 pm

There is podcast you guys in Seattle can listen to on 710, with Brock Huard, he was interviewing SAS saying the locker room situation is worse again. You have Lynch wearing Kam's Jersey to practice. Some of the Hawks really believe that PC did the slant in the SB to make RW look good. They feel that since Seattle redid ML contract they should redo his. So its a mess. I tend to discount this kind of stuff but the last time this was talked about people went down the road. We HAVE to win the Bear which will put major pressure on the guys.
obiken
Legacy

Re: Steven A Smith Seattle Seahawks about to implode.

Postby RiverDog » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:09 pm

SAS was on the other day saying how the Hawks should go ahead and pay him, really taking Kam's side. There's usually no in between with SAS, he's either right on the money or full of crapola. I think the latter is true on this occasion.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby THX-1138 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:22 pm

SAS isn't a Seahawks fan so nobody should GAF what his opinion is. It was about to implode last year, according to all the blathering sports faces.

Remind me again how that played out.
THX-1138
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:01 pm

Ok, Stephen, let's say the Hawks "pay him"- what stops RW from going in next year and wanting the remaining years reworked on his contract? How about Sherm? Thomas? Wagner? Wright? Bennett?

Nothing, that's what, you tool.

If this team is so fragile that not tearing up multi-year contracts a year into them causes it to "implode", I say it's better to get it over with and let it happen, because that would mean that locker room is sht anyway.

Incidentally, I also heard Michael Irvin saying some tripe to the effect of "THE SEAHAWKS KNEW THEY WERE UNDERBIDDING HIM BUT KAM DIDN'T KNOW THAT SO THEY SHOULD REWORK THE DEAL!"

Yeah, nice revisionist-history conspiracy theory, Irvin. Go do some blow and shut up.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Oly » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:03 pm

Are there some worrying signs? Sure. Do I think it's outside of the range of what happens in locker rooms? Probably not.

But even if the Hawks do implode--which seems incredibly unlikely--I still wouldn't credit SAS with being correct any more than I would the proverbial broken clock that gets the time right twice per day.
Oly
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:06 pm

SAS isn't a Seahawks fan so nobody should GAF what his opinion is.

Blammo! well said!
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:21 pm

LOL at Steven A Smith. Him and Skippy are paid to be polarizing and argue about crap on air.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:21 pm

Last year, it was about 1/2 way through the season, if I remember... the same exact thing happened. Offense was sputtering. Defense holding up the offense... A "Team Meeting" was called (no coaches) and the top Offensive and Defensive players got together and we almost pulled it off for the SB again.

The only difference... it was reported that it was Kam that was the 'featured' speaker, both to the vets and to the whole team. Not to say someone else can't step forward, and I have real belief that the team will not fold, as some are predicting. We may very well be 0-2 after this week. Come back after 6 weeks and lets revisit this.
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:21 pm

Last year, it was about 1/2 way through the season, remember?... the same exact thing happened. Offense was sputtering. Defense holding up the offense... A "Team Meeting" was called (no coaches) and the top Offensive and Defensive players got together and we almost pulled it off for the SB again.

The only difference... it was reported that it was Kam that was the 'featured' speaker, both to the vets and to the whole team. Not to say someone else can't step forward, and I have real belief that the team will not fold, as some are predicting. We may very well be 0-2 after this week. Come back after 6 weeks and lets revisit this.
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby obiken » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:30 pm

I agree but its not just about Kam its about lynch and Kam. I don't like Stephan a but he is right as far as the dissention, he is wrong about the Cap.
obiken
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:19 pm

obiken wrote:There is podcast you guys in Seattle can listen to on 710, with Brock Huard, he was interviewing SAS saying the locker room situation is worse again. You have Lynch wearing Kam's Jersey to practice. Some of the Hawks really believe that PC did the slant in the SB to make RW look good. They feel that since Seattle redid ML contract they should redo his. So its a mess. I tend to discount this kind of stuff but the last time this was talked about people went down the road. We HAVE to win the Bear which will put major pressure on the guys.

Sounds more to me like SAS needs a story so made one up.
Anthony
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:23 pm

Who cares what SAS has to say? His words didn't raise my blood pressure one iota.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:24 pm

The Seahawks are not a media darling, and I think that has a lot to do with them being a target in media circles.

Overall, I enjoy SAS, but his stance here is pure crap.

This is just an overreaction to a week one loss.

The season is a marathon, not a sprint, and reporters are often among the first to overlook that.
Last edited by Zorn76 on Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:46 pm

I think Smith's head is about to implode.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:02 pm

deleted.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby Futureite » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:01 pm

They prob still win 11 or 12 games. I'll believe it when I see it.
Futureite
Legacy

Postby obiken » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:36 am

11-12 games?? Unless Kam comes back, and the OL gets better, I just don't see that now. Hope I am wrong, and I have been before. The Cards look great as did the Rams. As long as Foles stays upright they are gold with their defense. After last mon, we might not even beat the Niners.
obiken
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:39 am

obiken wrote:11-12 games?? Unless Kam comes back, and the OL gets better, I just don't see that now. Hope I am wrong, and I have been before. The Cards look great as did the Rams. As long as Foles stays upright they are gold with their defense. After last mon, we might not even beat the Niners.

Well I guess you can stop watching now and save yourself time. Seems someone said that last year too.
Anthony
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:14 am

Seems someone said that last year too.

Yep- and probably Eeyore, there. I've said this many times, but it's worth remembering how we felt when we had lost 3 of our first 6 last year. Relax for a while.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:14 am

Every teams chariot turns into a pumpkin sooner or later. Sometimes its a talent drain or a super important player leaving/holding out. Sometimes its a team with the most talent that just doesn't trust one another or play for the best interests of the team. The intrinsic stuff is often more important than the measurable. The last three seasons for Seattle have been so magical I hope to god this isn't the beginning of the end of this era of dominance.
But the division has definitely made up ground. Anyone who watched week one who doesn't think so is whistling in the graveyard. The Rams are for real. Carson is healthy in AZ. And reports of the Niners demise may be greatly exaggerated. This team can not afford to fall several games back and expect the division to come back to the field like last year.
The next 3 games will tell the story of the Hawks 2015 season IMO. 2-2 is survivable, 3-1 awesome,1-3 or worse this team will be in free fall out of playoff contention. It just gets too hard with what's left on the schedule.

That being said SAS makes a living spouting stuff off. Hopefully he will be eating some crow soon.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby LTH » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:29 am

This whole thing is way out of hand... Kam is wrong ie> ray lewis... in which I totally agree with...I have NO symapthy for these players who are making millions of dollars and they feel disrespected? Thats BS! I say trade Kam and Lynch... send them to Cleveland so they can learn how valuable it is to play in Seattle! as far as Im concerned they are a bunch of punks from the getto.. let them go back and be respected from where they came from...

Just my take...

LTH
LTH
Legacy

Postby Futureite » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:31 pm

obiken wrote:11-12 games?? Unless Kam comes back, and the OL gets better, I just don't see that now. Hope I am wrong, and I have been before. The Cards look great as did the Rams. As long as Foles stays upright they are gold with their defense. After last mon, we might not even beat the Niners.

I think you are over reacting a bit. Your pass game was very efficient and the run blocking is bound to come around. Once that happens the playaction deep shots will open up again. It was a 50/50 OT game and Hawks have been in plenty of those the past couple yrs. Only difference wss, this time they lost. If they lose this week then it is time for some concern. But even then the NFC West is bound to beat up on each other and Hawks should still be in the mix.
Futureite
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:39 pm

Same thing said last year after the Harvin debacle. Believe it when I see it, not a second before.
Last edited by HumanCockroach on Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby obiken » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:56 pm

I think you are over reacting a bit. Your pass game was very efficient and the run blocking is bound to come around. Once that happens the playaction deep shots will open up again. It was a 50/50 OT game and Hawks have been in plenty of those the past couple yrs. Only difference wss, this time they lost. If they lose this week then it is time for some concern. But even then the NFC West is bound to beat up on each other and Hawks should still be in the mix.[/quote]

For once Future I hope you are right.
obiken
Legacy

Postby obiken » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:57 pm

I'll never get the hang of quoting on this site!
obiken
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum