Niners, Rams both lose big

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Niners, Rams both lose big

Postby RiverDog » Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:00 pm

Niners offense sputtered against a weak Pittsburgh defense. Looks like they came back to Earth. Same with the Rams. Both teams lost to teams not expected to compete for divisional titles.

And not that I'm joyful of anyone getting hurt, but Jay Cutler of our next week's opponent Bears injured a hamstring and never returned. Not that I'm scared of a healthy Cutler, but if he's limited or if Clausen starts next week, it would make things much easier.
RiverDog
Legacy

Re: Niners, Rams both lose big

Postby obiken » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:14 pm

We never cheer for injuries as you say, but I think the Bear game is huge for us. We all realize we are going to lose today, but If we lose against the Bears panic would really set in. (Even HS would join us!) I really don't think that would happen. We are too good of a FB team to lose to the Bears at Home.
obiken
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:36 pm

obiken wrote:We never cheer for injuries as you say, but I think the Bear game is huge for us. We all realize we are going to lose today, but If we lose against the Bears panic would really set in. (Even HS would join us!) I really don't think that would happen. We are too good of a FB team to lose to the Bears at Home.

I wouldn't say all of us. HC doesn't expect us to lose tonight.

But I agree with you about da Bears game. If we lose tonight, that game will be as critical as they come for a September game. Not too many teams even make the playoffs when they start out 0-3.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktown » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:43 pm

We will be 2-1 after week 3!!! GO HAWKS!!!!
Hawktown
Legacy

Postby Hawktown » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:02 pm

Hawktown wrote:We will be 2-1 after week 3!!! GO HAWKS!!!!

So I was wrong. Next week will be different!
Hawktown
Legacy

Postby Futureite » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:04 pm

RiverDog wrote:Niners offense sputtered against a weak Pittsburgh defense. Looks like they came back to Earth. Same with the Rams. Both teams lost to teams not expected to compete for divisional titles.

And not that I'm joyful of anyone getting hurt, but Jay Cutler of our next week's opponent Bears injured a hamstring and never returned. Not that I'm scared of a healthy Cutler, but if he's limited or if Clausen starts next week, it would make things much easier.

Didn't Pittsburgh win their Div last yr?
Futureite
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:17 pm

Futureite wrote:
Didn't Pittsburgh win their Div last yr?

Yeah, I don't really have a problem with the niners losing this one. They didn't get any favors either playing the Steelers on a short week, 10 AM kickoff, and the Steelers with the extra long rest. I wouldn't have been upset if the Hawks lost this one, although it was ugly for awhile.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:50 pm

This was really the only good news today.

The Rams loss was the bigger surprise. It's only week 2, but clearly St Louis overlooked the 'skins on some level.
10 points? This is why people have a hard time taking them seriously.

The margin of defeat for SF was a surprise. Wow, did they fall apart fast. By half, that game was over. Kaep's 300+ yd day is misleading, too, since much of that came when the outcome was already determined. The kid Hyde is the real deal at RB for them, though. He ended up leaving the game after some kind of injury. Their secondary got torched by Ben, and the 49er's OL was dominated most of the game.

AZ is 2-0 after beating the Saints (who win today's Goat prize by losing in N.O. to Tampa), and destroying the Bears (who stink with or without Cutler). We actually will be SF fans next week, since they travel to AZ next Sunday, and the Cards losing will be more to our benefit over the long run.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:49 am

Zorn76 wrote:This was really the only good news today.

The Rams loss was the bigger surprise. It's only week 2, but clearly St Louis overlooked the 'skins on some level.
10 points? This is why people have a hard time taking them seriously.

The margin of defeat for SF was a surprise. Wow, did they fall apart fast. By half, that game was over. Kaep's 300+ yd day is misleading, too, since much of that came when the outcome was already determined. The kid Hyde is the real deal at RB for them, though. He ended up leaving the game after some kind of injury. Their secondary got torched by Ben, and the 49er's OL was dominated most of the game.

AZ is 2-0 after beating the Saints (who win today's Goat prize by losing in N.O. to Tampa), and destroying the Bears (who stink with or without Cutler). We actually will be SF fans next week, since they travel to AZ next Sunday, and the Cards losing will be more to our benefit over the long run.

Pittsburgh's defense is horrible, and the fact that they shut down the Niner offense with such ease speaks volumes. After the opener against the Vikings, I thought that the Niners might surprise everyone and be a relevant contender in the NFCW, but they looked like the team we all thought they would be at the start of the season. The Rams are back to their old tricks, look like a playoff contender one week, get beat by a weakling the next. Fischer can't seem to get consistent results from this team. The Cards? Let's wait and see. They looked like world beaters until after Turkey Day last season and it remains to be seen if Palmer can stay healthy all year.

It's a little too early to start hoping for one team to beat another, at least in our divisional race. I usually don't engage in that thinking until halfway through the season, except that it would be nice if the Packers were to drop a couple. Even though it's only Week 2, it's still demoralizing to look at the standings and see us in last place.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:24 am

Alone in the basement like a crazy Grandmother. UGLY.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:18 am

Even worse, the Cards looked pretty solid on all sides of the ball.
It's difficult to say in the 3rd game, but this game against the Bears is becoming a must win game if only to get the team back on track.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Futureite » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:44 am

We looked like s***. It will be fun to feel competetive for a while and hope for the div, but realistically we aren't going anywhere this yr. It'll still be either Hawks or Cards for the Div. But each week is different, so I'll keep rooting we stay in it.

I will say this River; we still put up over 400 yds of O and had several redzone opportunities in the first half. Problem was we got one FG out of them. The D gave up pts so quick it was over before anything got going.
Futureite
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:28 am

NorthHawk wrote:Even worse, the Cards looked pretty solid on all sides of the ball.
It's difficult to say in the 3rd game, but this game against the Bears is becoming a must win game if only to get the team back on track.

The Cards are good, no doubt, but they have beat 2 bad teams. The Bucs are not good, and beat the Saints at home. The Bears might turn out to be one of the worst teams in the NFL when its all said and done. Again, I am not saying the Cards are bad by any stretch of the imagination, but it seems like they have beaten two bad teams.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:51 am

It's a little too early to start hoping for one team to beat another, at least in our divisional race. I usually don't engage in that thinking until halfway through the season, except that it would be nice if the Packers were to drop a couple. Even though it's only Week 2, it's still demoralizing to look at the standings and see us in last place.

I think it's safe to say the Cardinals are going to be better that the 49ers, so seeing them get their first loss next week would be nice, even if that means SF being 2-1.

I know everybody's bummed out right now, but the Seahawks are still the best team in the division.

Watch.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby Futureite » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:07 pm

Zorn76 wrote:It's a little too early to start hoping for one team to beat another, at least in our divisional race. I usually don't engage in that thinking until halfway through the season, except that it would be nice if the Packers were to drop a couple. Even though it's only Week 2, it's still demoralizing to look at the standings and see us in last place.

I think it's safe to say the Cardinals are going to be better that the 49ers, so seeing them get their first loss next week would be nice, even if that means SF being 2-1.

I know everybody's bummed out right now, but the Seahawks are still the best team in the division.

Watch.

Hahha and so it starts. I will say there are about 3 or 4 teams who could do to us what Pitts did. Similar to what Den did to us last yr. Requires a top 5 QB, deep threats at WR everywhere and one of the best WRs in the game. Their strength attacked our weakness. No team in this Div other than AZ has anything close to that, so we'll hang in this yr.
Futureite
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:29 pm

Eh, it's week TWO. We'll see if Palmer can stay healthy, the Cards defense is really good despite losing their coordinator and multiple key pieces, and whether Arians ever finds a running game, until I see that stuff, I ain't even penciling them into the playoffs, much less as some sort overwhelming favorite for the division. The Niners regardless of what Future might have professed, will not compete in the division or for the playoffs, they are simply not good enough, the Rams pose a problem, but until I see some form of consistent success, they really don't worry me long term. There is teams with talented "players" in this division, but personally I'm not sold on any of them right now ( and yes, that includes the Seahawks) I still give the edge to Seattle, but really, that has more to do with the fact that they have been there and done that, than how they are performing across the board, coaches, offense, defense.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Futureite » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:54 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:Eh, it's week TWO. We'll see if Palmer can stay healthy, the Cards defense is really good despite losing their coordinator and multiple key pieces, and whether Arians ever finds a running game, until I see that stuff, I ain't even penciling them into the playoffs, much less as some sort overwhelming favorite for the division. The Niners regardless of what Future might have professed, will not compete in the division or for the playoffs, they are simply not good enough, the Rams pose a problem, but until I see some form of consistent success, they really don't worry me long term. There is teams with talented "players" in this division, but personally I'm not sold on any of them right now ( and yes, that includes the Seahawks) I still give the edge to Seattle, but really, that has more to do with the fact that they have been there and done that, than how they are performing across the board, coaches, offense, defense.

I actually agree with a lot of what you said. But if we win Sunday we're tied for first, possibly in lone possession of it. And that is competing, no matter how you slice it. All of these NFC West teams have holes, and while I admit our chances of competing on a larger scale ala a SB are next to 0%, we can definitely compete in this Div.
Futureite
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:05 pm

Fine Future let me rephrase, they can "compete in the division" but they won't compete FOR the division, does that make you feel better?

No leading the division in week 3 is not competing for the division , but if you would like to throw in with Buffalo, Cleveland and similar teams that all seem to typically start strong, and still miss the playoffs, be my guest.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Futureite » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:15 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:Fine Future let me rephrase, they can "compete in the division" but they won't compete FOR the division, does that make you feel better?

No leading the division in week 3 is not competing for the division , but if you would like to throw in with Buffalo, Cleveland and similar teams that all seem to typically start strong, and still miss the playoffs, be my guest.

Well, if you want to put it in concrete terms and go with what's on paper, then the Div is done now and AZ wins it. They are the most complete team in the Div. They have explosive players everywhere, and while their D is not great it is clearly good enough to stifle each of the other NFC West Os long enough to win.

If we can go say, 3-3 or 4-4 I see no reason why we cannot compete "for" the div. Yes, we got rung up by Pitts O. We got rung up in 2012 and 2013 in various games too. I see enough holes on the other NFC West teams to give us a legit shot. "If" we win next week at their place against what is clearly in most people's minds a top 5-10 NFL team, there's no logical reason why we cannot be in the mix for the Div at the end of the yr. Our schedule gets considerably softer in the 2nd half of the yr, and our young roster may be starting to gel by that time.

There is a lot to be determined and the season is just starting.
Futureite
Legacy

Postby Futureite » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:49 pm

HC;

I will put it this way. If I had to wager by % probability of winning the Div., I'd go:

Seattle 80%
Cards 70%
Rams/49ers 25%

The difference in our thinking is that I do think we have some realistic chance. Just not the "best chance". LOL it's about all I can hope for this yr.
Futureite
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:48 pm

Paging Blaine Gabbert...
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:00 pm

Futureite wrote:HC;

I will put it this way. If I had to wager by % probability of winning the Div., I'd go:

Seattle 80%
Cards 70%
Rams/49ers 25%

The difference in our thinking is that I do think we have some realistic chance. Just not the "best chance". LOL it's about all I can hope for this yr.

That adds up to 200%. Or is this one of those "80% of the game is mental and the other half is physical" things?

Try 40% Seahawks, 35% Cards, 12.5% Rams, 12.5% Niners.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:11 pm

Over 200%? check your math ...
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:34 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:Over 200%? check your math ...

Who said over? Check your reading comprehension.

80+70=150

25+25=50

150+50=200
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Stream Hawk » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:48 pm

Regardless of the percentage, do you all have the cards below us? They are looking very tough out of the gate. The problem with their dominance is their schedue looks ridiculously easy. We have to win out abd hope they stumble.

Loving our team after today and we will continue to improve. It's early so who knows if the Cards will continue their ascent. :?:
Stream Hawk
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:10 pm

I'll worry about another team, when my team gets right.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:48 am

Stream Hawk wrote:Regardless of the percentage, do you all have the cards below us? They are looking very tough out of the gate. The problem with their dominance is their schedue looks ridiculously easy. We have to win out abd hope they stumble.

Loving our team after today and we will continue to improve. It's early so who knows if the Cards will continue their ascent. :?:

The Cards started out strong last season and fizzled. We started out slow last year and finished strong. I have a feeling that the same scenario is likely to occur this season, so I concur with the percentages, they seem about right to me, except that I probably wouldn't have the Niners rated at one chance in 8 to win the division.

I haven't seen the replay of our game with the Bears yet, but judging from some of the editorial opinions here and elsewhere, it doesn't sound as impressive as the score might indicate.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:27 am

RiverDog wrote:
Who said over? Check your reading comprehension.

80+70=150

25+25=50

150+50=200

Sorry, I didn't (and still don't quite frankly) see "Rams/49ers 25%" the way he wrote it as 25% each.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:21 am

The Cards have one of the highest point totals after 3 weeks of any team in history. Palmer does not lose much at all as a Cardinal so I think his health is a huge key. Fitz is rejuvenated. Their 3-0 mark is hard to quantify since it has come against bad competition. But I think they are absolutely legit and a threat to the Hawks grip on this division. Hawks need to start ripping off wins NOW to have a shot.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:17 am

c_hawkbob wrote:Sorry, I didn't (and still don't quite frankly) see "Rams/49ers 25%" the way he wrote it as 25% each.

No sweat. Either way you look at it, the way he expressed his opinion was cockeyed. He should have either had his percentages adding up to 100 or expressed his point in terms of a ratio.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:10 am

Can we adjust that percentage for the Niners now? I mean Seattle lost two, but the Niners got obliterated, and Kap does not seem to have taking the always pushed "step forward" he threw more TD's to the OTHER team than his own for the love of god, and that "good defense" that certain folks wanted to try and claim, got absolutely dismantled as well, because of the poor DB play, the weak line, and the thin LB core ( all things pointed out PRIOR to the season).

I see it:

Seattle 40%

Arizona 40%

St. Louis 15%

Niners 5%

( and I feel like I was generous with the Niners percentage there)
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Futureite » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:42 pm

HC;

Let's go ahead and give my team 0% LOL. And on top of it, we need a new QB. I guess everyone was right. But I'll be a fan regardless. May even go to the GB game. Nice win for the Hawks to get back on track yesterday.

BTW, we still have a lot of goid players. Just like we did in 2010. Just like then, the coaching sucks. Such is life.
Futureite
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:14 pm

Wouldn't go that far, but slim chance would definitely be my description, that has been consistent from me for months. Would never tell someone not to root for their team, regardless of how much I dislike them, could happen, but a HELL of a lot of stars would have to align IMHO.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Futureite » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:08 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:Wouldn't go that far, but slim chance would definitely be my description, that has been consistent from me for months. Would never tell someone not to root for their team, regardless of how much I dislike them, could happen, but a HELL of a lot of stars would have to align IMHO.

Our staff is in way above its head. Like I was saying weeks ago, we run a college O. It worked week one and then quickly got figured out. We need a new QB and coaching staff. Not that Kap is "terrible" as some people claim, he is but too incinsistent for a yr 5 QB to be a franchis guy. That combined with the subpar staff is not exactly a recipe for the playoffs LOL. On the bright side, I can enjoy pressure free football this yr and watch other teams battle it out.
Futureite
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:22 am

There will be plenty of season ticket holders out here dumping their seats and taking the cash, instead watching their beloved team get killed by GB this Sunday.

Still same attendance numbers, just new faces to witness the fiasco in person.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby Futureite » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:39 pm

Zorn76 wrote:There will be plenty of season ticket holders out here dumping their seats and taking the cash, instead watching their beloved team get killed by GB this Sunday.

Still same attendance numbers, just new faces to witness the fiasco in person.

I wouldn't be surprised if we won. There are a lot of moving pieces which could get going at home. I am considering going this Sunday.
Futureite
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:22 am

HumanCockroach wrote:Can we adjust that percentage for the Niners now? I mean Seattle lost two, but the Niners got obliterated, and Kap does not seem to have taking the always pushed "step forward" he threw more TD's to the OTHER team than his own for the love of god, and that "good defense" that certain folks wanted to try and claim, got absolutely dismantled as well, because of the poor DB play, the weak line, and the thin LB core ( all things pointed out PRIOR to the season).

I see it:

Seattle 40%

Arizona 40%

St. Louis 15%

Niners 5%

( and I feel like I was generous with the Niners percentage there)

That's pretty close to what I'd call it. But we'll see. I've been a pretty damn poor predictor of the outcomes of games here lately.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Futureite » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:09 pm

Kinda what happens when decent talent is put in the wrong positions. We don't have a good enough team to have them playing in a crap system.

Tomsula farted at his press conference today. That about sums it up.
Futureite
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum