Official Seahawks vs Packers POST Game Thread

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Re: Official Seahawks vs Packers POST Game Thread

Postby burrrton » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:11 am

We're in a lot better situation than they are in Indy.

I agree, but I'm hesitant to say it out loud until I see the improvement (and wins) I feel is coming.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:24 pm

It's interesting how fast things can change in the NFL. I picked 4 winners last week out of 16 games, and one of the winners I picked was the Packers. Like the saying goes, on any given Sunday...[/quote]

Yeah RD I hear you loud and clear. Tampa knocked off the Saints at home, Manziel looked like an NFL starter. The Raiders looked great. The Ravens are 0-2.Atlanta (and a coach we are missing IMO) is 2-0 and so on...

Its really hard to predict this league week to week and year to year. Thats why I'm sweating like a fat kid at a free barbecue thinking about these two "gimmies" coming up.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:45 pm

Hawktawk wrote:Yeah RD I hear you loud and clear. Tampa knocked off the Saints at home, Manziel looked like an NFL starter. The Raiders looked great. The Ravens are 0-2.Atlanta (and a coach we are missing IMO) is 2-0 and so on...

Its really hard to predict this league week to week and year to year. Thats why I'm sweating like a fat kid at a free barbecue thinking about these two "gimmies" coming up.

Especially in September. Currently, we're all judging teams by last year's results. Once teams get a bit of a track record and we get a little better look at them, they will become more predictable. I've always said that you can't handicap a schedule until about Week 4 or 5.

That's one of the things I like about the NFL over sports like college football. CFB does have their occasional upsets, like Ole Miss over Alabama, but by in large, there's more of a hierarchy in D1 CFB than there is in the NFL.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:26 pm

Any given Sunday....Never mind we are going to beat Chicago and Detroit senseless. Yes I'm drinking.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:23 am

Hawktawk wrote:Any given Sunday....Never mind we are going to beat Chicago and Detroit senseless. Yes I'm drinking.

Saying that the Hawks will beat Chicago and Detroit senseless doesn't seem to me to be the act of an illogical drunk that doesn't understand what he's saying, more like a very sober, rational opinion.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:08 am

We will certainly be heavily favored over the bears with Clauson under center and with Kam back. What happens Sunday will determine the spread against the Lions.
We BETTER win both of these and start looking good doing it or we can write off the playoffs, much less the division.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:36 pm

Yeah, I think any "0-3 IS A DISASTER" or "1-3 IS A DISASTER" thread might be warranted.

We gotta win the next two, don't we?
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:49 pm

yes
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:47 am

burrrton wrote:Yeah, I think any "0-3 IS A DISASTER" or "1-3 IS A DISASTER" thread might be warranted.

We gotta win the next two, don't we?

If we go 0-3 or 1-3, it would definitely alter our path to the Super Bowl as it would make HFA or even a first round bye very unlikely. All 4 of those games are conference games, with one of them being a divisional game. Last season, 2 of our 4 losses were against AFC teams, allowing us to win a three way tiebreaker between two other teams (Packers and Cowboys).
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:21 pm

This is a MUST WIN homestand.

As a team and a fan base we need to get a sniff of the coffee. We have been spoiled by the week in and week out excellence of this team the past 3 seasons. But the fact is we are on a 3 game losing streak and an incredible comeback in the NFC title game is the only reason it isn't worse. Less than 3 percent of teams starting the season 0-3 make the playoffs. I can only think of one team ever to lose their first 4 and make the SB, a Chargers team in the early 90's who claimed the Seahawks as their first win that season as I recall and were shelled by Steve Young's 6 TD pass scorching in the SB.

This is a great collection of talent in Seattle but the next few weeks will show if they are still a team.If they go 1-3 or god forbid 0-4 its time to start picking your alternate favorite by October like the bad old days.
CMON HAWKS!!!!!
Hawktawk
Legacy

Previous

Return to Seahawks Forum