Russell Wilson agrees to be girl's godfather shortly before

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Russell Wilson agrees to be girl's godfather shortly before

Postby Anthony » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:45 pm

I m surprised this has not been posted

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/rus ... ar-AAeGS3c
Anthony
Legacy

Re: Russell Wilson agrees to be girl's godfather shortly bef

Postby RiverDog » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:47 am

Anthony wrote:I m surprised this has not been posted

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/rus ... ar-AAeGS3c

Probably because this is something that we've come to expect out of Russell. It's not something I could do. I wouldn't be able to set foot in Children's. I'm not that strong.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:07 pm

RiverDog wrote:
Probably because this is something that we've come to expect out of Russell. It's not something I could do. I wouldn't be able to set foot in Children's. I'm not that strong.

Yeah but expecting and taking for granted is 2 different things. We should not take him for granted
Anthony
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:00 am

RiverDog wrote: It's not something I could do. I wouldn't be able to set foot in Children's. I'm not that strong.

Yeah its tough. My best friend in HS got cancer and it was an eyeopening experience for me. I volunteered visiting kids throughout college, but haven't been able to do it since I have had kids of my own. Completely different perspective on life in general. Can't really watch the news or read the newspaper either.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:14 pm

mykc14 wrote:Yeah its tough. My best friend in HS got cancer and it was an eyeopening experience for me. I volunteered visiting kids throughout college, but haven't been able to do it since I have had kids of my own. Completely different perspective on life in general. Can't really watch the news or read the newspaper either.

Good point about having kids. You're right, it does give you another perspective. Perhaps that's one of the reasons why Russell is able to do it and guys like us can't. He's not a father like we are.

But somehow, even if he had 10 kids, I get the sense that he'd still be able to put on a smiley face at Children's. Thankfully there's a lot of people like him that can handle places like that. I'm just not one of them.
RiverDog
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum