Kam to the 53, bye bye Mr Baily

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Kam to the 53, bye bye Mr Baily

Postby c_hawkbob » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:32 pm

As expected Kam is officially added to the 53 man roster, which made Dion Bailey expendable: http://www.seahawks.com/news/2015/09/26 ... ion-bailey
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Re: Kam to the 53, bye bye Mr Baily

Postby hoxgmp » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:02 pm

Will the Giants pick up Bailey?

With Alshon out, expect a heavy dose of Forte and a 2-TE attack with Bennett and Miller.
hoxgmp
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:14 pm

hoxgmp wrote:Will the Giants pick up Bailey?

With Alshon out, expect a heavy dose of Forte and a 2-TE attack with Bennett and Miller.

Hi hox, nice to see you posting.

It's a bit short term for the Giant's to pick up Bailey, but it wouldn't surprise me, it depends how proud they are of the bottom of their roster.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:11 pm

The Giants would be an obvious possibility given they have lost both starting Safeties for the year.
Maybe they feel good with who they have, but I wish Bailey the best catching on somewhere. He was in a tough spot trying to replace Kam, or at least fill in at that position.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby hoxgmp » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:34 pm

Hey Bob, looks like you've been holding down the fort well. Hi to all the others. This forum is vibrant as ever.

Why is Chris Simms so critical of Bevell's offensive scheme?

Also, why are people comparing the Percy Harvin situation to Jimmy Graham? Percy Harvin had locker-room issues and was not a skilled receiver. He could only work out of the slot and we already had Baldwin. Jimmy Graham, on the other hand, is one of the best pass-catching TE's in the league.

Yes, we are 0-2 but the O-line is showing a steady improvement. Didn't they pass-block well in the second half of the Packers' game? This is a young line. It will need some time to gel. I have confidence in Cable.
hoxgmp
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:54 pm

hoxgmp wrote:Hey Bob, looks like you've been holding down the fort well. Hi to all the others. This forum is vibrant as ever.

Why is Chris Simms so critical of Bevell's offensive scheme?

Also, why are people comparing the Percy Harvin situation to Jimmy Graham? Percy Harvin had locker-room issues and was not a skilled receiver. He could only work out of the slot and we already had Baldwin. Jimmy Graham, on the other hand, is one of the best pass-catching TE's in the league.

Yes, we are 0-2 but the O-line is showing a steady improvement. Didn't they pass-block well in the second half of the Packers' game? This is a young line. It will need some time to gel. I have confidence in Cable.

Hi, Hox! Hope you stay for more than just a cup of coffee.

Who's comparing the Jimmy Graham situation with Percy Harvin? No one in this forum.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby curmudgeon » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:14 pm

"Who's comparing the Jimmy Graham situation with Percy Harvin?" Many know-it-allers on the Wide World of Inter Web...... :shock:
curmudgeon
Legacy

Postby hoxgmp » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:42 pm

Hey River, Good to hear from you. Don't the local reporters post in this forum? They used to in the past.

Surprised no one in this forum has brought up the Percy Harvin / Jimmy Graham comparison. Some of the reporters and analysts are not shying away from it. People are blaming Bevell for not being creative and not knowing how to use Jimmy Graham and that he did the same with Percy Harvin. I don't see the two situations being the same. Plus this is only week 3 with a new, young O-line that will need some time to gel. They showed they can pass-block. So that's a good sign. You have to get the run game going first before you can start involving Jimmy Graham and others. We also played two tough road games. Can't panic just yet.

Bevell may not be Sean Payton but he has to work within the scheme of Cable and a young O-line that is learning how to play together.

Is Jimmy Graham upset? He looks a little frustrated but he also seems like a team player and understands the situation he is in. Would he rather be in New Orleans and watch his team get beat by Jameis Winston?
hoxgmp
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:05 am

IMO, there is no comparison between Graham and Harvin.

JG's frustration is or would be understandable. The difference is that Harvin took it to the point of being a major locker room cancer, so much so that the team was forced to cut him.

I don't see that happening with Graham. I think he's sincere in his comments that he knows this is a run first team, and that his opportunities will come. It's been frustrating to watch so far, because he is such a force to be reckoned with, and we brought him in specifically for redzone situations, let alone boosting the offense in general.

I expect the offense to step it up big time against the Bears, and that JG will contribute significantly. This is as good an opportunity as any to establish a rhythm with RW, facing a defense that has been a mess the first 2 games.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:07 am

Sorry but if Bailey was that expendable then why the f did he start in the opener? Not having Kam hurt us that game, but if he wasn't your #2 SS then why did he get so much PT. I know they started Shead there against GB but what took so long to figure that out? They had all pre-season to see that Bailey wasn't ready there, I don't know just venting again I guess. Oh, well lets get a winning streak going.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:56 am

mykc14 wrote:Sorry but if Bailey was that expendable then why the f did he start in the opener? Not having Kam hurt us that game, but if he wasn't your #2 SS then why did he get so much PT. I know they started Shead there against GB but what took so long to figure that out? They had all pre-season to see that Bailey wasn't ready there, I don't know just venting again I guess. Oh, well lets get a winning streak going.

Sometimes a player checks all the right boxes (scouting and measurables) but you just have to play 'em to see what you really got.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby kalibane » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:32 am

Shead is not practice squad laud eligible, Bailey is. Shead is also more versatile so it makes more sense to keep him in a back up capacity.
kalibane
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:39 am

and if Bailey makes back to the PS they'll still both be available.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:29 pm

Bailey was just picked up off of waivers by the Jets.
He replaces former Seahawks Ronald Martin who was selected from waivers the week prior to the start of the season.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum