Official Seahawks vs Bears POST Game Thread

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Official Seahawks vs Bears POST Game Thread

Postby savvyman » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:34 pm

Not too excited by this victory. May have come against the worst team in the NFL. Another completely in-effective first half offensively speaking. Was nice to see Frank Clark get some playing time this game. Tyler Lockett is the biggest upgrade over last year. Jimmy Graham is a special weapon that needs 10 targets a game. Let's see how the next opponent Detroit looks tonight.

At 1 - 2 the Hawks are tied for 2nd with St. Louis & San Francisco. All 3 teams are two games behind the Mighty Cardinals who are 3-0 with vistories against the 0-3 Saints, the 0-3 Bears & the 1-2 49ers.......
savvyman
Legacy

Re: Official Seahawks vs Bears POST Game Thread

Postby Zorn76 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:49 pm

A shutout is a shutout, even if it came vs a poor Bears team.
Chicago punted after Every offensive possession - 10 times in all.
They also had not on been shutout in 194 games (per CBS's Jim Nantz) until today.

Those last two stats in particular are solid.

Tyler Lockett - we're already running out of superlatives to describe his St play.

Rawls did a nice job filling in for Lynch.

Graham was finally targeted more often and got his 1st TD.

The OL...well, they did produce for our running game, and did much better passs protection in the 2nd half but, yes, still lots of kinks and work to do there. Against better competition, particularly on the road, RW and the read option are gonna be needed to get a rhythm going, especially early. We should have had a faster start today, no doubt. The slow first halves are getting tiresome, indeed. Wilson made some nice plays to keep some drives alive, as usual.

We all expected this win and got it.
And after what we've had to watch the last 2 weeks, I'll take it.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:13 pm

I had to cook cause the wife had to work so I just finished the game and didn't participate in these threads and haven't read them yet, but here are my high points:

Rawls looks like Money, Russ got his groove on (OK, in the second half) and Jimmy Is gonna be fine in this offense.

But mostly WE GOT A SHUTOUT! A BAGEL BABY!!
That sh!t has been a long time coming ... I wanna see at least two or three more of those this year :twisted:
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:17 pm

I had to work today, and to make matters worse, I was busier than a one armed Ping-Pong player with crabs, so I didn't get to see hardly anything but the score.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktown » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:27 pm

Great win! Disappointingly ugly at times, well, a lot of times. I'll take the win but I am totally frustrated with the first half offense. It's getting REAL old! The dropped passes were just as frustrating as the lack of production in the first half. We cant keep giving Lynch the ball when it is obvious he is going to get it, like on 3rd and 1 tries. At least give RW the option or something!
Hawktown
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:55 pm

I was at the game and it was a great day. Beautiful weather, bagled da Bears and got a needed w. But I'm starting to FREAK THE EFF OUT over the line. It's so bad in the first half of every game I can hardly watch. I'm starting to change my glass half full perspective on it to half empty. Jeeeez they were bad.

D looked solid, but it was hard to gauge because it was the 0 weapon Bears. Rawls looked great. Nice to see Graham get some touches and move the chains. Kam was welcomed back nicely. I'm over it, and at the same time realize that those first 2 losses are going to be harder to overcome this year w/ the sh1++y line play. If RW weren't a scrambler, the Bears would have sacked him 15 times.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby HawkDawg » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:44 pm

Sis, sweet that you made the game! How was Cam received when he came out of the tunnel? Were the fans forgiving?
HawkDawg
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:54 pm

Don't like how the Lions lost tonight.

Coming in here at 0-3 the Lions team will be in a certain do or die frame of mind for next Monday nights game.

After the Lions game the Hawks have a short week to travel to a 3-0 Cincinnati Bengal team for a 10:00 am Road start.

Hawks will have their work cut out for them.
savvyman
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:58 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:I had to cook cause the wife had to work so I just finished the game and didn't participate in these threads and haven't read them yet, but here are my high points:

Rawls looks like Money, Russ got his groove on (OK, in the second half) and Jimmy Is gonna be fine in this offense.

But mostly WE GOT A SHUTOUT! A BAGEL BABY!!
That sh!t has been a long time coming ... I wanna see at least two or three more of those this year :twisted:

Please raise your expectations a little. Your excitement is inappropriate for the results that were achieved today.

We got a shut out at home against maybe the worst team in the NFL - playing without their starting QB - who held us without a TD in the 1st half and were within 1 score of taking the lead into the second half until the Special Teams took one to the house and blew the game open.
savvyman
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:12 pm

savvyman wrote:

Please raise your expectations a little. Your excitement is inappropriate for the results that were achieved today.

We got a shut out at home against maybe the worst team in the NFL - playing without their starting QB - who held us without a TD in the 1st half and were within 1 score of taking the lead into the second half until the Special Teams took one to the house and blew the game open.

It's still the nfl and the Bears didn't come over hear and lay down. The year we won the SB we went to overtime against a bad texans team and the winless bucs. We were struggling mightily offensively down the stretch. The o-line is going and a work in progress. I think bobs expectations are right where they ought to be. 1-0 every week sounds good to me.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:22 pm

HawkDawg wrote:Sis, sweet that you made the game! How was Cam received when he came out of the tunnel? Were the fans forgiving?

Thanks, HawkDawg...it was a great time. The Loudest cheers of the day were for Kam. Very, very loving & forgiving. It was nice.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:06 pm

First half offense was putrid again, three points provided in 6 quarters of the 12 played ( as the other 7 in the Rams game came via punt return, and 3 today came via Sherman return with 4 positive yards afterwards).

The line play is a convenient scape goat( and one people seem to cling to week in and week out, like hiding under the covers will protect you from the boogie man), unfortunately it goes a lot deeper than that, and everybody on the offensive side of the ball shares a big piece of that pie.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby kalibane » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:14 am

It's convenient because it's right in front of your face. Nowak seems to be adjusting but the Guard and RT play is not at an NFL level. It's bad enough that the rusher on the RT side seems to have a free run more often than not but the push in the run game was non existent when Lynch was still in the game and they were keying on him. The hawks aren't going to be a legit contender with the offensive line playing the way it is... period. It's by far the biggest problem with the team. If they weren't playing against Jimmy Clausen the complexion of this game would have been completely different.

The other issues can be compensated for, except maybe Bevell's decision making. I'm really not understanding his play calling and personnel groupings at this point.
kalibane
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:40 am

I was ready to throw stuff at the TV until the second half kickoff return. Schneider may be unable to assemble an NFL offensive line but he sure nailed this one. Lock has housed it 4 times in 7 pro games.
Why dont we just run the hurry up all the time? Bevels early game play calling is terrible.
Rawls was more than good. 6.5 ypc is awesome. Graham finally got going. It was unfortunate Willson was dinged up but it may have been the ticket to get Jimmy rolling. The defense was obviously very good but its hard to tell how good against the toothless bears.
A win is a win. It was a must win and they answered the bell. I like that Detroit is next week on MNF. Then its just going to be tough sledding if the Hawks want to wind up on top.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby MackStrongIsMyHero » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:09 am

As always, positive and negative takeaways. The defense was stout from start to finish. Running game did finally get untracked in the second half. Special teams play was huge; Lockett is looking like he was worth the trade up. No turnovers. Graham got plenty of love; it was his second touchdown of the season.

On the flip side, no Cutler and no Jefferey. No offensive touchdown until end of the third quarter. Offensive line obviously struggled again.

A win is still good and a must at home. I expect improvement, but it sure would be nice to see it manifest earlier than the end of the third quarter.
MackStrongIsMyHero
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:23 am

This was not just a win. To view it as though it were the same as any other expected win is to ignore an historic defensive performance:

David KaplanVerified account
‏@thekapman
The Bears are the only team in the last 35 seasons to punt on every possession in a game. #Withthenumber1picktheChicagoBearsselect
RETWEETS
FAVORITES
Jon GalesbeermoneysportsAdam C SmithKevin PetersonMichael FrinkDan HellieHalo10v2Sam BraleyChief 'Crief
7:34 PM - 27 Sep 2015

And I don't care that The Bears were not at full strength, it's not as though that has never happened in the last 35 years in the NFL.

Our Offense was good enough.

Our Special Teams were very special.

Our defense was EPIC!

Recognize.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:32 am

That 2nd half kickoff return was huge. It seemed to deflate the Bears hopes right at the start and was uphill for them after that.
The OL started playing better the 2nd half - I don't know if it was less emotional play by the Bears DL, if they started to get tired, or the OL started to get their timing down, but it was a better showing after the break. They have to start scoring more points on Offense, though if we want to catch Arizona. Against good teams we'll have trouble keeping up, and we can't afford to get behind.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby kalibane » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:12 am

We're talking about a proud team in a must win game in their home opener against Jimmy Clausen. The Offense only put up 19 points on probably the worst defense in the league. And the shutout was way more about the Bears being completely terrified to let Jimmy Clausen throw than it was about the Seahawks defense being dominant. The defense was not epic. It was good and playing an offense that had absolutely zero interest in trying to make plays.

After the kickoff return they simply gave up (players and coaches). They passed up multiple opportunities to go for it on fourth and short even though they were regularly able to run on the Hawks with their jumbo package.

It's good that they took care of business but this is not a win to puff out your chest over IMO. I'm just hoping that they can use this week and next week to get back into the groove.
kalibane
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:32 am

I agree w/ Kali on this. We won, there were positives, but this team that played Sunday is NOT going into Cinci after a short week and winning... Period. They've got work to do and hopefully RW can stay healthy enough to help do it.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:00 am

Some of it is play calling.
Who would call a play where Graham is solely responsible for blocking the DE who has been getting pressure against the starting Tackle?
Keep Graham as a receiver - maybe chip block on a DE then head out on a route, but don't expect him to block like a Tackle.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:12 am

I haven't watched all of the rerun yet, but the first half performance was awful. We're going to have to look a lot better than that if we expect to go to the playoffs, let alone a 3rd straight SB. As it stands now, we are not a very good team. We're a skeleton of the team that has gone 36-12 with two conference championships and one Lombardi. That game should have been over at halftime. Any shutout needs to include the footnote that the Bears were without their starting quarterback and their #1 receiver.

That being said, there is plenty of time to get this thing turned around, just like we did last season. Next Monday's game is critical, another conference game, another winless team from the NFC Central, a game we should win. But this time, we're going to be facing a veteran quarterback with a big time arm in Mathew Stafford and one of the best receivers in the game in the form of Calvin Johnson. It's a classic trap game. We need to get better.

After that, it's a short week, a long trip, and an early start in Cincinnati.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:05 am

Uggh, not going to walk you through it Bane, but let me just ask. Did you at any point say " well, get rid of it. Throw the ball." if you didn't you are one of the few in Washington or throughout the fandom of the Seahawks. They ALL work together. There WAS time to throw AND a pocket against the Bears.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby kalibane » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:56 am

Nah I am not saying that there were times when Russell held the ball too long for sure but the sacks this week came almost primarily as a result of terrible blocking on the right side of the line, whether it was Gilliam completely whiffing or the bone headed decision to call a protection scheme that has Graham lined up on a Defensive End 1 v 1. 3 sacks came from instant pressure on Wilson off the edge. The 4th came off pressure coming off the edge and Sweazy not being able to hold his block on the DT when Russell stepped up (Russ also picked the wrong gap to step up in).

You can call attention to all the other things that are problems that you want but it ALL starts in the line leaving us in much less than desirable down and distance situations, not just in the passing game but in the running game as well. Even when the run didn't get stoned on first down the O-Line would mess around and take a false start or holding penalty to render the good first down play irrelevant.

We are constantly in 2nd and 3rd and long and that is most often the fault of the Offensive Line. No way around it. A few mistakes aside, generally when Russell has time to set up he makes positive plays.
kalibane
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:34 pm

You can't put the sack Graham gave up on that line, and two of the sacks Wilson had more than enough time to throw the ball. What I am seeing is either a QB gun shy to deliver the ball ( Tarvaris Jackson disease, I PRAY it's not that) or a QB that refuses to take what is open looking for a more explosive play. Wilson does not do it the same way, but he is similar to Rothlisberger, in that he waits, and waits and waits for a bigger play, which directly increases hits, sacks and problems. Both QB's have admitted that they DO do that, and that some of those sacks are "on them" waiting for that play.

If you want to dump it all on the line ( by the way the same line that paved the way for Rawls 100+ yard day on 16 carries) by all means, carry on, I just don't operate that way. If a receiver is providing no effort in blocking or route running, I'm going to say it, if the QB is holding the ball too long, I say it, If the back is soft, I'll say it. Just because we have big names at skill positions, and not on the line, I'm not changing that. That line has improved every quarter they have played together, sacks are not solely on the line, and I recognize it.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:41 pm

RiverDog wrote:I haven't watched all of the rerun yet, but the first half performance was awful. We're going to have to look a lot better than that if we expect to go to the playoffs, let alone a 3rd straight SB. As it stands now, we are not a very good team. We're a skeleton of the team that has gone 36-12 with two conference championships and one Lombardi. That game should have been over at halftime. Any shutout needs to include the footnote that the Bears were without their starting quarterback and their #1 receiver.

That being said, there is plenty of time to get this thing turned around, just like we did last season. Next Monday's game is critical, another conference game, another winless team from the NFC Central, a game we should win. But this time, we're going to be facing a veteran quarterback with a big time arm in Mathew Stafford and one of the best receivers in the game in the form of Calvin Johnson. It's a classic trap game. We need to get better.

After that, it's a short week, a long trip, and an early start in Cincinnati.

Finish watching the game. We got it turned around at the half.

Pete's right; all we gotta do is stay the course. Let this O-line play and grow together, let Russ and Jimmy get used to one another and let Rawls incorporate himself into our offense and this team will be fine.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby kalibane » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:52 pm

The sack given up by Graham was a result of a poor protection scheme, I acknowledged that. The other three sacks were a direct result of line play. Wilson was not holding the ball too long on those plays. On some of the other ones that resulted in pressures, yes but not the sacks. The rush came IMMEDIATLEY off the edge. So stop. There are way too many plays when pressure is there before Wilson has a chance to plant his foot.

Also don't give that "same line that Rawls got 100 yards" mess. You're smarter than that HC. Context matters

1. Chicago gave up after the k/o return by Lockett. Both the players and the coaches checked it in. They clearly just wanted to get off the field.

2. Rawls wasn't running against the same fronts that Lynch was. Go back and watch. When Lynch is in the game the defense keys on Lynch and he gets hit in the backfield on almost every single handoff. Big difference being able to run against 6-7 man fronts vs. the 8 man fronts that will always be there against Lynch. And then like I said, Lynch will rip off a 6 yard run and then someone on the line will turn around and commit a false start.

You can continue acting like I'm exaggerating things if you like but I'm not. RT is a sieve, LG is a sieve and RG is up and down.
kalibane
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:54 pm

kalibane wrote:Nah I am not saying that there were times when Russell held the ball too long for sure but the sacks this week came almost primarily as a result of terrible blocking on the right side of the line, whether it was Gilliam completely whiffing or the bone headed decision to call a protection scheme that has Graham lined up on a Defensive End 1 v 1. 3 sacks came from instant pressure on Wilson off the edge. The 4th came off pressure coming off the edge and Sweazy not being able to hold his block on the DT when Russell stepped up (Russ also picked the wrong gap to step up in).

You can call attention to all the other things that are problems that you want but it ALL starts in the line leaving us in much less than desirable down and distance situations, not just in the passing game but in the running game as well. Even when the run didn't get stoned on first down the O-Line would mess around and take a false start or holding penalty to render the good first down play irrelevant.

We are constantly in 2nd and 3rd and long and that is most often the fault of the Offensive Line. No way around it. A few mistakes aside, generally when Russell has time to set up he makes positive plays.

Sorry replied to wrong person
Last edited by Anthony on Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anthony
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:56 pm

Anthony wrote:
Nah its not the line it all Wilson this is an all pro line, just ask anyone the line is great they were just talking about how great it was on KJR today, The only problem with this team is Wilson we would be 3-0 with any QB> Sarcasm off. Yeah whatever its always Wilsons fault to you.

LOL, he was saying it was because of the line, not Wilson.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:51 pm

Overall I thought it was Russ's best game of the year.20 for 30 250 yds or so 1 TD no picks and a couple of Houdini escapes like always to make the line look less terrible than it is. That offense wasn't on Russ at all for the first time this season. Drops were huge in stopping drives or his stats would have looked even better. I was encouraged later on in the game. I think its enough to get a listless Detroit team on MNF but the AFC north starting with Cincy is another thing.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:54 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:Finish watching the game. We got it turned around at the half.

Pete's right; all we gotta do is stay the course. Let this O-line play and grow together, let Russ and Jimmy get used to one another and let Rawls incorporate himself into our offense and this team will be fine.

We looked better in the second half, no doubt about that. But keep in mind that the Bears defense has had given up the most points in the league the last two seasons and the most in the first two games of this season, and they were playing in the toughest venue in the league without their starting quarterback and their #1 receiver. The Bears are consistently ranked at or near the bottom in most people's power rankings, and after watching them today, I can see why.

Decent second half play not withstanding, we are still a looooog ways from where we need to be if we are to get back to the SB, especially considering that we've dug ourselves an 0-2 hole we have to climb out of. Please excuse me if I wait a few more games before I start turning handsprings and cartwheels.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:05 pm

mykc14 wrote:
LOL, he was saying it was because of the line, not Wilson.

yeah I replied to the wrong one I will fix now
Anthony
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:06 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:You can't put the sack Graham gave up on that line, and two of the sacks Wilson had more than enough time to throw the ball. What I am seeing is either a QB gun shy to deliver the ball ( Tarvaris Jackson disease, I PRAY it's not that) or a QB that refuses to take what is open looking for a more explosive play. Wilson does not do it the same way, but he is similar to Rothlisberger, in that he waits, and waits and waits for a bigger play, which directly increases hits, sacks and problems. Both QB's have admitted that they DO do that, and that some of those sacks are "on them" waiting for that play.

If you want to dump it all on the line ( by the way the same line that paved the way for Rawls 100+ yard day on 16 carries) by all means, carry on, I just don't operate that way. If a receiver is providing no effort in blocking or route running, I'm going to say it, if the QB is holding the ball too long, I say it, If the back is soft, I'll say it. Just because we have big names at skill positions, and not on the line, I'm not changing that. That line has improved every quarter they have played together, sacks are not solely on the line, and I recognize it.

Nah its not the line it all Wilson this is an all pro line, just ask anyone the line is great they were just talking about how great it was on KJR today, The only problem with this team is Wilson we would be 3-0 with any QB> Sarcasm off. Yeah whatever its always Wilsons fault to you.
Anthony
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:09 pm

It was a dig at me, he was agreeing with Bane, because unlike them, I refuse to give Wilson a pass on him refusing to make a quick decision and release the ball. The line certainly has its piece of the blame pie, but I will not bury my head in the sand about Wilson holding the ball too long resulting in sacks. It happens to every QB not just Wilson, it is NOT a slight in Wilson to be honest about his play, some can't or won't do it, because its "the" position in their minds, and franchise QB's are infallible.

Anthony has been pulling that same stuff out for the last three games, and the better part of a year and a half. The lines play has not been great, and at no point in three games have I claimed it has, BUT I also can realistically look at a play and decipher whether a QB has enough time to deliver a football, or if the QB needs to climb the pocket ( something Wilson did NOT do against the Bears when he was sacked two of the four times) or drop out the back door, when he leaves a clean pocket and runs into a sack ( as he did in St Louis) or simply has held the ball too long. The expectation that a line is supposed to provide 6-7 seconds for a QB to deliver a ball at the NFL level is silly, NO line does that, none, whether it be Dallas or NE or GB or Seattle. Hell, just last week GB's line performed FAR worse than Seattles did against the Bears, and yet they were lauded. Why? Well because Rodgers moved effectively, delivered the ball and HELPED them protect him by doing so.

I'm not overly concerned about it. Some people NEED a scapegoat, and if it makes them feel better to insist the line is rubbish more power to them, I'm far more concerned with other aspects of the offense currently, and want to see improvement in decision making, timing, play calling, and aggressiveness ( as well as tempo). The line doesn't "forget" how to play from week to week, and there has been DRASTIC improvement from the first half to the second ( as pointed out by 3 points scored by the offense in the first half, for three STRAIGHT games) I'm interested in figuring out why THAT is, far more, than piling on the line, just so I can point at a group and say " that's the reason, and the whole reason" especially considering that is the SAME line that has played the second halves of those games. They didn't simply turn a switch on at half time, and all of a sudden know what to do, that thought process is silly. Seattle's had issues scoring in the first half for YEARS, and it certainly has NOT been the same players. The tendencies of this offense in the first half are so predictable any somewhat knowledgeable fan could hold Seattle to under ten points in the first half with a mediocre NFL defense, with ZERO coaching or playing experience, and that folks is NOT the lines fault.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:44 pm

HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:51 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:It was a dig at me, he was agreeing with Bane, because unlike them, I refuse to give Wilson a pass on him refusing to make a quick decision and release the ball. The line certainly has its piece of the blame pie, but I will not bury my head in the sand about Wilson holding the ball too long resulting in sacks. It happens to every QB not just Wilson, it is NOT a slight in Wilson to be honest about his play, some can't or won't do it, because its "the" position in their minds, and franchise QB's are infallible.

Anthony has been pulling that same stuff out for the last three games, and the better part of a year and a half. The lines play has not been great, and at no point in three games have I claimed it has, BUT I also can realistically look at a play and decipher whether a QB has enough time to deliver a football, or if the QB needs to climb the pocket ( something Wilson did NOT do against the Bears when he was sacked two of the four times) or drop out the back door, when he leaves a clean pocket and runs into a sack ( as he did in St Louis) or simply has held the ball too long. The expectation that a line is supposed to provide 6-7 seconds for a QB to deliver a ball at the NFL level is silly, NO line does that, none, whether it be Dallas or NE or GB or Seattle. Hell, just last week GB's line performed FAR worse than Seattles did against the Bears, and yet they were lauded. Why? Well because Rodgers moved effectively, delivered the ball and HELPED them protect him by doing so.

I'm not overly concerned about it. Some people NEED a scapegoat, and if it makes them feel better to insist the line is rubbish more power to them, I'm far more concerned with other aspects of the offense currently, and want to see improvement in decision making, timing, play calling, and aggressiveness ( as well as tempo). The line doesn't "forget" how to play from week to week, and there has been DRASTIC improvement from the first half to the second ( as pointed out by 3 points scored by the offense in the first half, for three STRAIGHT games) I'm interested in figuring out why THAT is, far more, than piling on the line, just so I can point at a group and say " that's the reason, and the whole reason" especially considering that is the SAME line that has played the second halves of those games. They didn't simply turn a switch on at half time, and all of a sudden know what to do, that thought process is silly. Seattle's had issues scoring in the first half for YEARS, and it certainly has NOT been the same players. The tendencies of this offense in the first half are so predictable any somewhat knowledgeable fan could hold Seattle to under ten points in the first half with a mediocre NFL defense, with ZERO coaching or playing experience, and that folks is NOT the lines fault.

Dude not only do you not give Wilson a pass but you go out of your way to ensure no matter how good he plays he did something wrong. As to the rest whatever make you feel good. Last I checked Rodgers is not dealing with Bevell, dealing with handcuffs and more. SO sorry if I think your excuse is BS
Anthony
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:22 pm

RiverDog wrote:We looked better in the second half, no doubt about that. But keep in mind that the Bears defense has had given up the most points in the league the last two seasons and the most in the first two games of this season, and they were playing in the toughest venue in the league without their starting quarterback and their #1 receiver. The Bears are consistently ranked at or near the bottom in most people's power rankings, and after watching them today, I can see why.

Decent second half play not withstanding, we are still a looooog ways from where we need to be if we are to get back to the SB, especially considering that we've dug ourselves an 0-2 hole we have to climb out of. Please excuse me if I wait a few more games before I start turning handsprings and cartwheels.

Decent?

Whatever. Downplay it all you want but no matter the strength of the opposition shutouts don't come easy in the NFL, and more than that, we forced them to punt on every single possession! 35 years, that's how long since the last time that happened. There have been worse teams more injured than the Bears were last night play on the road at teams with a whole lot better record than we had in the last 35 years.

We're inches away from where we need to be to get back to the Super Bowl. And this 2 game hole you're looking so hard at is nothing more than the two games we were always most likely to lose this year.

This was a great win, relax and let yourself enjoy it.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:10 pm

Decent?

Whatever. Downplay it all you want but no matter the strength of the opposition shutouts don't come easy in the NFL, and more than that, we forced them to punt on every single possession! 35 years, that's how long since the last time that happened. There have been worse teams more injured than the Bears were last night play on the road at teams with a whole lot better record than we had in the last 35 years.

We're inches away from where we need to be to get back to the Super Bowl. And this 2 game hole you're looking so hard at is nothing more than the two games we were always most likely to lose this year.

This was a great win, relax and let yourself enjoy it.[/quote] the scoring offense in time to save the season.

It was a great defensive performance. Its ridiculous to say otherwise about any shutout in the NFL. Everyone is talking about the much improved D in Atlanta and they gave up 28 points to a horrible backup QB missing lots of his weapons too.D was awesome. Kam gets another week in the system it will only get better.
Special teams was also lights out. The offense was gaining momentum. I feel pretty good about Detroit but Cincy will be a critical measuring stick. But I am certainly enjoying the win.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:10 pm

Let me know when any QB plays a perfect game Anthony, none have done it in history, so yeah there is ALWAYS something they haven't done perfectly. As for going out of my way, whatever, I don't remember starting any Wilson bashing threads, nor have I brought up issues other than when I see them unnecessarily. Truth is he holds the ball far to long, far to often, leaves clean pockets far to often, and is difficult to block for. That isn't going "out of my way" that is actually watching the play, not bowing down because of a name.

You wrote him off two seasons ago ( do to him wanting to leave because of wanting to be the best QB in the NFL, or because of the line, or because of the weapons Seattle has given him, or because he was going to have a career ending injury, or because of some other made up, concocted BS garbage) so WTF do you care? I appreciate the hell out of Wilson, I respect him, and think he is the perfect QB for this team and system, and have REPEATEDLY defended him ( and you f-ing KNOW it), so spare me the juvenile crap, I simply don't care if you carry a 24/7 chub for the man, and can't acknowledge that he is a human ( meaning he isn't perfect, and indeed makes mistakes, or bad decisions, or a bad throw) that's your problem, not mine.

I don't need to defend that, it's true, not all sacks are on the line, not all sacks are even on the QB, hell, all sacks aren't even all on the flipping offense, sometimes, you get beat, you tip your cap, and try to do better. I don't live in a world where it is "always" a certain person or groups faults, because I can't separate my head from my heart.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:33 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:Let me know when any QB plays a perfect game Anthony, none have done it in history, so yeah there is ALWAYS something they haven't done perfectly. As for going out of my way, whatever, I don't remember starting any Wilson bashing threads, nor have I brought up issues other than when I see them unnecessarily. Truth is he holds the ball far to long, far to often, leaves clean pockets far to often, and is difficult to block for. That isn't going "out of my way" that is actually watching the play, not bowing down because of a name.

You wrote him off two seasons ago ( do to him wanting to leave because of wanting to be the best QB in the NFL, or because of the line, or because of the weapons Seattle has given him, or because he was going to have a career ending injury, or because of some other made up, concocted BS garbage) so WTF do you care? I appreciate the hell out of Wilson, I respect him, and think he is the perfect QB for this team and system, and have REPEATEDLY defended him ( and you f-ing KNOW it), so spare me the juvenile crap, I simply don't care if you carry a 24/7 chub for the man, and can't acknowledge that he is a human ( meaning he isn't perfect, and indeed makes mistakes, or bad decisions, or a bad throw) that's your problem, not mine.

I don't need to defend that, it's true, not all sacks are on the line, not all sacks are even on the QB, hell, all sacks aren't even all on the flipping offense, sometimes, you get beat, you tip your cap, and try to do better. I don't live in a world where it is "always" a certain person or groups faults, because I can't separate my head from my heart.

your right but you are way to quick and more than willing to make sure we know everything Wilson does wrong every time, interesting though you never do it for any other players HMMM, in fact you even give them excuses like blaming sacks not on the oline but Wilson even when it is obvious it was the oline. All your he holds the ball for way to long, yeah and you know that is on him because you know the play, you see someone open all the time, no you do not, Just because he holds the ball longer than you think he should does not mean it is on, does it mean it is not, but you are all to quick to ensure its on him even when it is not. Same thing with your other claims you do not have enough information to say whose fault any of it is. So like us All you have to make an educated guess but it is funny how yours always goes against Wilson hmm. Interesting for a guy who does not care you keep replying. As for as juvenile, you mean like curding to get a point across. You may be able to separate it, but not when it comes to wilson when in doubt its Wilson fault that is your motto. With that for the most part other than this we tend to agree so I am going to le this one go. For now.
Anthony
Legacy

Postby Hawktown » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:45 pm

looks to me that we are talking about the same thing just one side doesn't want to admit that RW is human and the other points out all flaws team wide while not forgetting to leave out the main man on the team. I totally agree that wilson holds the ball FAR TOO LONG, A LOT! Now I admit I can't see down field all the time but at times I can and I see a WR open and find myself yellng at the TV to throw the Fing ball, just throw the Fing ball. Just like Graham telling RW to just throw it, it will get to him (maybe not in those word as he said it kind of strange). Sometimes in this league you just have to make a throw into a tight window.
Hawktown
Legacy

Next

Return to Seahawks Forum