Official Seahawks vs Bears POST Game Thread

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Re: Official Seahawks vs Bears POST Game Thread

Postby Hawktawk » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:55 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:
Very well put. The object is not to win each quarter or half as they happen, or to balance out your statistics across all 4 quarters, it's to win the game. The game is the only single entity that matters.

True that and they have done quite a bit of winning with this formula of theirs.

That being said I am getting a little sense of unease about MNF. We are a huge favorite and should be but I see Detroit as an extremely wounded animal with more pieces on both sides of the ball than 2 of our first 3 opponents. Tate will have a huge chub to burn the team and teammates that dumped him and he will not be intimidated by Kam or anyone else.Not to mention the unique insight into Hawks philosophy, strengths and weaknesses he brings to the table. Megatron seems healthy as does Ebron. Stafford is hot and cold but he has a big time arm and has played here before so he will have some familiarity.They are a play here and there from possibly coming in at 1-2 or 2-1. Their greatest decline is on the defensive side of the ball but Id be surprised if Seattle stuffs them completely.

DANGER. Hawks had better be on their game early and often. I think they will but this is no cakewalk IMO.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:01 pm

Very well put. The object is not to win each quarter or half as they happen, or to balance out your statistics across all 4 quarters, it's to win the game. The game is the only single entity that matters

Absolutely, however, I think they are losing more than winning at this point, and unless the offense can produce more than 16 points a game, I don't see them winning a majority of them. Even IF the point is to " win the game" which I 100% agree with, the idea that the defense or ST is going to bail a team out each and every week is downright foolish, and has never been a recipe for success ( including this season where they have lost two of three games, and would be undefeated IF the offense could score more than 16-17 points a game).

Every coaches objective is to play " a full four quarters" of football, if they win without doing that, they will obviously take it, but to profess that is their plan, is ridiculous. No coach strives for 6 minutes of really good offensive football, none.

The lackluster offense produced against one of the worst defensive football teams assembled in the last 20 years, at home, in a MUST win game ( which was the case I might add because of their poor performances for the previous two weeks) IS a reason for concern moving forward. The competition isn't going to get easier, nor the defenses more susceptible to success. This is a pattern, and a disturbing one at that. I am not writing them off, and I am fully aware that improvement is always possible, and I might add I AM happy with the win ( honestly ANY win was a welcome sight) but I don't believe in the sweep it under the rug problem solving theory. The offense has been poor ( and I mean REALLY poor) in three games straight, and that includes ALL quarters, not just the first half ( spare me the they scored 13 whole points in the second half, look at the way they are clicking stuff 13 points isn't that, or CLOSE to that), 16 points is NOT enough in the NFL, to be considered a SB contender, or even a playoff contender, and I am quite frankly surprised that people that have watched a ton of football, are arguing it is.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/1991/

The 91' 2-14 Seahawks scored 276 points

The 15' Seahawks offense is on pace for 256 points. Mull it over, and then explain to me how that type of offensive output is acceptable.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:27 pm

Don't take this wrong, but I ain't "mulling that over". Have I not already rejected stats over these first three games as not predictive? Get back to me if we're still on that pace at mid season.
Last edited by c_hawkbob on Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:41 pm

I sense that our offense is about to break out. The Hawks were dealt a tough hand the first two weeks and in spite of offensive sputtering were really in a position to win the first 2 in the second half. The lackluster defense the first two games affected offensive stats. You cant score if the other team has the ball. Also as exciting as Lockette's TDs are and awesome they also skew offensive stats downward. Particularly last week coming out at the half after chalk talk who knows if the offense might have scored a TD anyway?

With Graham starting to get revved up I think this offense is going to be a pleasant surprise soon. Hopefully Monday night.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:57 pm

I'm with tawk- we've been a top-10 scoring offense the last few years. We had a rough start but are poised to return to form as the o-line gels.

Get ready for it, Detroit:

BoomBox..jpg
BoomBox..jpg (317.47 KiB) Viewed 292 times
burrrton
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:59 pm

Fine Bob, but at least stop pretending like the offense has played adequately for the first three games to those of us not ignoring their play ( or lack there of). Just because you have rejected that play, doesn't mean the rest of us have to.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:24 am

I never pretended any such thing. Not once.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Previous

Return to Seahawks Forum