Anyone going to the Lions game?

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Anyone going to the Lions game?

Postby RiverDog » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:13 am

I'm going, just got my tickets yesterday. I'll be wearing a white baseball cap, bill forward, #12 River Dog home game jersey. Our plan is to meet up at The Lodge on King St. before the game providing we get there early enough. I'll be sitting in the Hawk's Nest during the game, but will have to leave immediately following as I have a 3.5 hour drive and have to work Tuesday morning. If you see me, come introduce yourselves and I'll buy you a beverage of your choice.

I'm also going to the next Hawk's game, in Cincinnati. This trip will include a trip to Canton and the HOF plus Ohio State-Maryland at the Horseshoe on Saturday. 3 games in one week. I haven't gone to that many football games in 7 days in at least the last 35 years.

When I get home from the Ohio trip, I go under the knife for some minor surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff tendon.

Go Hawks!
RiverDog
Legacy

Re: Anyone going to the Lions game?

Postby burrrton » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:04 am

When I get home from the Ohio trip, I go under the knife for some minor surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff tendon.

Who's your surgeon?
burrrton
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:25 am

Hee heee at 200 bucks a game are you kidding??
obiken
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:55 am

burrrton wrote:
Who's your surgeon?

Gordon Hsieh (pronounced "Seeth"). He was recommended to me by my doctor.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:58 am

obiken wrote:Hee heee at 200 bucks a game are you kidding??

I'm not paying near that much, but I hear what you are saying. Tickets are so much cheaper on the road than they are in Seattle, almost to the point that the difference pays for a couple nights at a hotel.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Futureite » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:13 am

Sounds awesome have fun! Even though I am not a Hawks fan I have really enjoyed the entire experience in Seattle on football weekends.
Futureite
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:25 am

RiverDog wrote:Gordon Hsieh (pronounced "Seeth"). He was recommended to me by my doctor.

Here in town, or are you going to Seattle?

It's been a long time since I was in the medical community, but I would never have trusted my shoulder to any surgeon here in the 90s. We've matured a *lot* in that time, though, and have first-rate facilities and the MDs to match now.

You have a PT in mind? If not, I may be able to recommend one depending where you live or work.
Last edited by burrrton on Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:27 am

obiken wrote:Hee heee at 200 bucks a game are you kidding??

You're doing *well* to find any ticket in the stadium for only $200 right now, even singles.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Hawkstar » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:52 pm

RiverDog wrote:I'm going, just got my tickets yesterday. I'll be wearing a white baseball cap, bill forward, #12 River Dog home game jersey. Our plan is to meet up at The Lodge on King St. before the game providing we get there early enough. I'll be sitting in the Hawk's Nest during the game, but will have to leave immediately following as I have a 3.5 hour drive and have to work Tuesday morning. If you see me, come introduce yourselves and I'll buy you a beverage of your choice.

I'm also going to the next Hawk's game, in Cincinnati. This trip will include a trip to Canton and the HOF plus Ohio State-Maryland at the Horseshoe on Saturday. 3 games in one week. I haven't gone to that many football games in 7 days in at least the last 35 years.

Go Hawks!

What an awesome week! I'm heading to Cincy as well - but wasn't smart enough to include the Ohio State game... Once our pre-game plans materialize, I'll be sure to let you know. It would be cool to share a few beverages in Cincy. I hear it's a pretty cool scene, I'm excited to check it out.

Go Hawks!
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:36 pm

Hawkstar wrote:What an awesome week! I'm heading to Cincy as well - but wasn't smart enough to include the Ohio State game... Once our pre-game plans materialize, I'll be sure to let you know. It would be cool to share a few beverages in Cincy. I hear it's a pretty cool scene, I'm excited to check it out.

Go Hawks!

That would be great, Hawkstar! Shoot me a PM when your plans are finalized.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:49 pm

burrrton wrote:Here in town, or are you going to Seattle?

It's been a long time since I was in the medical community, but I would never have trusted my shoulder to any surgeon here in the 90s. We've matured a *lot* in that time, though, and have first-rate facilities and the MDs to match now.

You have a PT in mind? If not, I may be able to recommend one depending where you live or work.

Hsieh is local, has practiced in the Tri Cities for 11 years, 31 years total (he's 59 years old). Age and experience doesn't always equal quality work, but it's a pretty good bet that he knows what he's doing. I'll be having it done at the surgery center across the street from Kadlec, same place I had my hernia repair surgery a few years ago. He'll fix the one complete tear, is thinking about leaving alone the partial tear I have in a second tendon but won't decide until he's inside my shoulder. It's my left shoulder, and being that I'm right handed, he'd really have to phuck it up to make things worse.

They haven't discussed any PT yet, but if you have any suggestions, I'm all ears. They told me that recovery time is 8-10 weeks. FYI I live and work in the Tri Cities.

Thanks for asking!
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:45 am

Hey same age as me. Till the 17th!
obiken
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:33 am

obiken wrote:Hey same age as me. Till the 17th!

I'll catch you again on the 25th.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Distant Relative » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:42 pm

Have fun at the game tonight RD. I almost went but work screwed me again.
Distant Relative
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:30 am

Except for the fact that we severely under performed, we had a blast at the game. Some random fan we met at a rest area gave us a parking pass to the North parking lot at the stadium as it came with a package he had bought but could not use. I'm not sure if any of you have ever been to a weekday event in downtown Seattle, but parking is a real b****, and I was really worried that we'd have to park a mile or so away from the stadium, especially considering the fact that we both had to work the next day. Any how, we parked less than 100 feet from the north gate and being that we were seated in the Hawks Nest, we were out of the stadium and across Mercer Island in less than 10 minutes after the end of the game and home by midnight. What a great gesture by some random Seahawk fan!

Now it's off to Ohio tomorrow morning. I am going to tour the HOF in Canton on Friday, go to Ohio State-Maryland at the Horseshoe on Saturday, then hopefully cheer us on to victory at the Bengals-Hawks game in Cincinnati on Sunday. That's more football that I've experienced in one week since my college days.
RiverDog
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum