Luck is out, Go Matthew!!

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Luck is out, Go Matthew!!

Postby c_hawkbob » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:27 am

c_hawkbob
Legacy

Re: Luck is out, Go Matthew!!

Postby jshawaii22 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:16 am

Their oline is supposed to be bad. I hope Matt can still move around at 40
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:35 am

Poor Matt. Does Matt belong in the Ring of Honor???
obiken
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:36 am

The prevailing question is, Can Hass deliver a win by 10 pts or more?:)
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:08 am

obiken wrote:Poor Matt. Does Matt belong in the Ring of Honor???

Heck yeah Matt deserves the ring of honor. Go get em Matthew. I hope he hangs up 40 so people can see how overrated Luck is.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:35 am

Hell yes he does.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawkstar » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:59 am

Yup! He was a Great Seahawk ~ on and off the field.
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:49 pm

How 'bout a hand for the graybeards? Colts win on the strength of a 40 year old QB (way to go Matty!!) and a 42 year old Kicker!
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:59 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:How 'bout a hand for the graybeards? Colts win on the strength of a 40 year old QB (way to go Matty!!) and a 42 year old Kicker!

The Grey Beards received a little assist from the Jacksonville Kicker who missed not 1, not 2, but 3 opportunities to win the game with a field goal.... seems like he should also receive a hand for his contributions in the greybeards victory?
savvyman
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:37 pm

Ok he's there. I will never say that Krieg belongs in the hall of fame.
obiken
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:47 pm

Matt Hasselbeck played a lot of great football for our Seahawks. He was relegated to back-up status way too soon, he could have helped several teams win had they taken a chance on him. I know he had back issues, but he has a very accurate arm and could have groomed a young QB or two.

The Ring of Honor awaits him, once he retires!
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:04 pm

obiken wrote:Ok he's there. I will never say that Krieg belongs in the hall of fame.

Krieg actually has some compelling statistical arguments for induction to the HOF But he was never in the top 3 or 4 at his position during the era he played (Marino, Montana, Fouts), plus he never got his team to the SB.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:38 pm

RiverDog wrote:
Krieg actually has some compelling statistical arguments for induction to the HOF But he was never in the top 3 or 4 at his position during the era he played (Marino, Montana, Fouts), plus he never got his team to the SB.

Yeah Riv's way right on this one and OBI you are way off! I don't want to go into it, but too many people overlook Krieg's career stats. OK I'll go into it. He absolutely deserves to be in the Hawks Ring of Honor and was an ALL-TIME top 50 quarterback before he retired. He has a career record of 70-49 as a Hawks starter, leading them to 4 playoff appearances in 7 years. In NFL History he is top 20 in passing attempts, completions, and yards. He is 13th in career TD passes. 15th in career comebacks. 20th in total offense. Those are damn good stats for a player some wouldn't even consider putting up on the ring of honor. Pro Football Reference tries to put together a 'career approximate value' for every player who has every played and Krieg ranks 87th (tied). For a comparison look at these HOFers: Steve Largent's rank: 77th, Tony Dorsett: 87th (tied with Krieg), Terry Bradsaw: 93rd (lower than Krieg). Other HOFers LOWER than Krieg: Joe Green, Mel Blount, Franco Harris to name a few. Here's a link to that page:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/l ... career.htm

Looks like he should at least be in the Hawks Ring of Honor. As Hawk fans I think we should celebrate the players who laid the groundwork for our current Hawks success. I don't know what your issue was with Kreig (probably the fumbles) but its time to get over it and recognize his greatness. Think about him evading one of the greatest pass rushers in NFL history (Derrik Thomas) on what would have been his 8th sack (and we think our current OL is bad) and hitting Paul Skansi in the corner of the end zone for a 25 yard TD pass as time expired. I was only 9 years old and I still remember every aspect of that play. Dude could ball, time to recognize.
Last edited by mykc14 on Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby obiken » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:59 am

Krieg in the HOF?? Karl Mecklenburg's Santa Claus?? No on both, but I lost on the ROH.

Krieg actually has some compelling statistical arguments for induction to the HOF But he was never in the top 3 or 4 at his position during the era he played (Marino, Montana, Fouts), plus he never got his team to the SB.[/quote]
obiken
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:10 pm

I remember discussing this at length a couple years ago, statistically speaking, Kreig belongs in the conversation, of not the ROH but the HOF, I have heard every excuse in the book about Kreig, and while I agree that he does not belong in the HOF the scoffing at the idea that it should even be considered makes me laugh. kreig statistically speaking was BETTER yardage, QBR etch than a bulk of QB's during his era. His was top THREE all time in quarterback rating when he retired ( behind ONLY Montana) and he did the bulk of that on "ground chuck" offenses, as for the "top 3 or 4" QBs argument during his time, I laugh. He was indeed that, year in and year out, fourth though he may have been, the other three changed from year to year. Is someone really going to tell me, that falling 4 TD passes below Marinos then NFL record TDs thrown makes him fifth or sixth that season? Or that retiring with the second longest consecutive TD's in games thrown shows some sort of fatal flaw? The guy simply got the job done, despite many peoples thoughts on the subject, his TD passes, attempts, yardage, quarterback rating (EVERY statistical category that is used to measure a QBs ability) at the time he retired EVERY one of them were top five in NFL HISTORY up to that point, and several that have been elected after Kreig, never exceeded his accomplishment.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby kalibane » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:48 pm

To me Krieg is like the Dave Kingman of the NFL.
kalibane
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:46 pm

I wasn't aware Krieg wasn't in the ring of honor!!!!He isn't?WTF!
Id say Krieg was a SB appearance away from HOF consideration. And I saw where someone said Hass was put out to pasture to be a backup too soon.
How about Krieg? He played for and was very effective for 3 teams after leaving Seattle, KC, Detroit,and Az. meanwhile Seattle moved on with the likes of Stouffer, McGuire, Friesz, Gelbaugh,Kemp and who else? gawd I forget because they were all so forgettable....I remember a game in the mid 90's when Krieg was playing for AZ at about 40 something and beat the Hawks. That same season he threw for 4 TDs against Atlanta...

One of the greatest of Hawks.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby obiken » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:19 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:I remember discussing this at length a couple years ago, statistically speaking, Kreig belongs in the conversation, of not the ROH but the HOF, I have heard every excuse in the book about Kreig, and while I agree that he does not belong in the HOF the scoffing at the idea that it should even be considered makes me laugh. kreig statistically speaking was BETTER yardage, QBR etch than a bulk of QB's during his era. His was top THREE all time in quarterback rating when he retired ( behind ONLY Montana) and he did the bulk of that on "ground chuck" offenses, as for the "top 3 or 4" QBs argument during his time, I laugh. He was indeed that, year in and year out, fourth though he may have been, the other three changed from year to year. Is someone really going to tell me, that falling 4 TD passes below Marinos then NFL record TDs thrown makes him fifth or sixth that season? Or that retiring with the second longest consecutive TD's in games thrown shows some sort of fatal flaw? The guy simply got the job done, despite many peoples thoughts on the subject, his TD passes, attempts, yardage, quarterback rating (EVERY statistical category that is used to measure a QBs ability) at the time he retired EVERY one of them were top five in NFL HISTORY up to that point, and several that have been elected after Kreig, never exceeded his accomplishment.

We did and I keep bringing it up, sorry. Dave is in the ROH, I should get over it!
obiken
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:26 pm

WTF is with Luck? Its starting to sound a little bit like malingering. His coach and the media has basically said he will play for 2 weeks and he is inactive. Now we have old 40 yr old fossil Matty puking between plays? And remember BEFORE the injury Luck was the lowest rated passer in the entire league.

The incredible shrinking man. He aint Favre, Manning or Brees thats for sure.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Vegaseahawk » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:21 pm

Never thought I'd see Matty suit it up on national TV for a full game ever again. I'm so proud of my boy. He is kicking a$$!
Vegaseahawk
Legacy

Postby Vegaseahawk » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:24 pm

Zorn76 wrote:The prevailing question is, Can Hass deliver a win by 10 pts or more?:)

This is funny Zorn , you know why...
Vegaseahawk
Legacy

Postby SalmonBB » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:01 pm

I loved Krieg, and I loved Hasselbeck. Both deserve to be in our Ring of Honor. Matt's looking great tonight ... he really does play the game beautifully.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
SalmonBB
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:25 pm

Wow, that was the same play that Russell hit Kearse on. Time running out. Third down... and a bomb! Matty still has it.
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:33 pm

Hass still has 'it"! He really runs an efficient offense, he doesn't hold the ball too long, he has a quick release, and he knows where to go with the football and doesn't make mistakes. He has an O-line in Indy, he would be killed playing behind our line for sure.

But, he is 2-3 times the QB Russell Wilson is, hopefully RW will get better as he gets more experience.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:08 pm

Seahawks4Ever wrote:Hass still has 'it"! He really runs an efficient offense, he doesn't hold the ball too long, he has a quick release, and he knows where to go with the football and doesn't make mistakes. He has an O-line in Indy, he would be killed playing behind our line for sure.

But, he is 2-3 times the QB Russell Wilson is, hopefully RW will get better as he gets more experience.

You sir are a flipping IDIOT. Russ has back to back SB appearances and a Lombardi with a flawless performance that should have netted an MVP.
Hass didn't make the playoffs till his 4th year, didn't win a playoff game till his 6th year. He never won a playoff game on the road and his SB resume included several misses to Darrell Jackson including an interception. I understand the officiating was awful so we will never know what might have happened but Hass himself was quoted as saying he was "freaking out a little bit" when he threw up the hopeless pass into the end zone for a pick while in field goal range.
Russ never freaks out. It may not always go right but he always has shark eyes.
Hass has a career QBR in the 80's and only cracked the 90's twice, the SB season of 2005 and 2007.
Russ already has won more games his first three seasons than any man in league history.He has one of the highest QBRs in history including playoffs, He has not lost a playoff game at home
Hass did in 2004 when he completed the trifecta of losing to the Rams 3 times in one season.Hass was and is a very nice QB, serviceable.A great Hawk. But he cant carry Russel's jock strap OK?

You are a hater but you will suck up when he blows up on Sunday and suddenly hes great again. Its a joke.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:11 pm

I would guess you don't appreciate that Russell holds damn near every NFL record that he could have so far, And a Ring, now do you? One hell-of-a-D... but they aren't the ones playing the OLine.
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby Uppercut » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:45 am

Great job Hass! But its not RW versus Hass! I enjoyed watching the smooth O Line work from Indy.
Uppercut
Legacy

Postby Oly » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:51 am

Hass: I live in Colts country and I'm seeing people putting Luck's first two games against Hass', and people are starting to worry about Luck. I don't think they should, but he's not playing like a consensus top-5 QB like he was before the season. If he keeps it up, the Luck vs. Wilson debate will reopen with a vengeance. But I'm really happy to see Hass proving to everybody that he can still ball.

Krieg: Travesty he's not in the RoH, but shouldn't be in the HoF. Hall of the consistently very good, but not "fame." I think you need to be a top-2 or 3 player at your position for a few years to break into that discussion.
Oly
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:23 am

When discussing the comparisons between Has and Wilson it is worth pointing out that Hass in his prime had an all pro line including a HOF left tackle.
Russ.........Not so much and he went to back to back SBs. I honestly don't know if there is another QB who could even function behind this line.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:22 am

Old but Slow wrote:Wow. Time to chill (I am starting to get into the modern way of speaking, the linko?)

We have had several remarkable QB's over our history, Jim Zorn, Krieg, Moon, Hass, and Wilson, and, of course, I am leaving someone obvious out, but it is early to be making comparisons. Remember, we lionized Rick Mirer when we drafted him out of ND, and he had a good rookie year, but then, nada.

Wilson is an amazing athlete and competitor, it remains for him to become a governor of the game. It is hard to understand that he is not able to react to seeing an obvious corner or safety blitz, when it is advertised by the defensive player obviously not in a position to defend a receiver. When a corner, like Wilson last game, comes up on the line near the DE, it is pretty blatant, but Russell ignored him and Wilson sacked him. Why?

Russell seems able to make the right calls, but he does not adjust well, in some of the sacks he has taken, he could have just thrown the ball away. He almost seems, at times, to be waiting for a miracle. Don't get me wrong, I love the guy, and he has magic, but there areas where he can improve, and I am sure he would agree, so I feel free to launch my dissatisfactions, knowing or at least hoping that Russell will figure those parts out.

I saw that, too and it made me wonder if Russ is getting a little antsy with this OL.
When a QB doesn't trust the guys up front, a lot of stuff goes through his head - and most of it lessens his effectiveness.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:30 am

I am NOT and idiot or a "hater". I wasn't comparing the careers of Wilson and Hass. Wilson is light years ahead of where Hass was at the same point in there respective careers. In fact, Hass was new to Seattle starting for the first time and looking HORRIBLE. Where, as you point out Wilson has guided the Hawks to the playoffs 3 straight years, back to back SB's and one ring.

No, I was comparing what Hass BECAME to where Wilson is NOW. Hass reads defenses like nobodys business, Wilson, not so much. Hass gets the ball out of his hands, quickly, Wilson holds the ball too long, sometimes. Sometimes he can use his speed and agility to get out of trouble and make a great play, things Hass could NEVER have done. BUT! If Wilson could direct an offense as efficiently as Hass does NOW and I believe that one day he will. That is why I said that right now Hass is twice or even 3 times the QB Wilson is NOW. I expect when all is said and done and Wilson is at the end of his career he will be way past where Hass is(now) and have set all kinds of NFL records(AS HE ALREADY HAS) and be looking forward to the HoF.

But, right now Wilson is playing behind a terrible O-Line and he is NOT reading the defenses very well and is holding the ball not only too long but loosely and is fumbling a lot. He fumbled 11 time last year but we recovered every one of them, what would have been said IF we had only recovered 5 or 6??

Quit attacking anyone who doesn't "worship" Wilson, he is NOT infallible.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:07 pm

Hass was a solid QB here, and has played very well in his 2 starts for Indy this season.

RW has way more upside, no doubt about it.

Just a half way decent line would help.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:04 pm

Zorn76 wrote:Hass was a solid QB here, and has played very well in his 2 starts for Indy this season.

RW has way more upside, no doubt about it.

Just a half way decent line would help.

Without a doubt. Watch the film from the Detroit game.Its a jailbreak. Hass wouldn't have gotten out of the first quarter.
Its amazing Seattle had as much success as they did with absolutely no blocking most of the game.
Pretty hard to chip on Wilson when he has absolutely no protection and still usually wins.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum