Boy, Was Krapperdick Horrible!

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Boy, Was Krapperdick Horrible!

Postby RiverDog » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:33 pm

I know he's been a whipping boy for a lot of us so today's performance should come as no surprise, but today's game against the Packers he looked about as bad as I've ever seen him, missing open receivers, getting sacked when he should have thrown it away, making his mind up to scramble instead of looking downfield ala Russell.

Any bets that he gets traded to Philly in the offseason?
RiverDog
Legacy

Re: Boy, Was Krapperdick Horrible!

Postby Zorn76 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:47 pm

Local media buzz just got even worse for him.

His OL is essentially garbage in pass protection, but he was on thin ice coming into the season anyway.

I'd love for the 49ers to stick with this guy, but it's pretty clear now that he'll be done with SF by season's end.

Could it be sooner? I guess, but Gabbert wouldn't be any better in terms of wins and losses, as it would be a negligible difference between him and Kaep.

Their best bet is to tank to the point where the entire staff (including the GM) is canned, and they end up with a top 5 pick or better in next year's draft.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:48 pm

HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:49 pm

Zorn76 wrote:Local media buzz just got even worse for him.

His OL is essentially garbage in pass protection, but he was on thin ice coming into the season anyway.

I'd love for the 49ers to stick with this guy, but it's pretty clear now that he'll be done with SF by season's end.

Could it be sooner? I guess, but Gabbert wouldn't be any better in terms of wins and losses, as it would be a negligible difference between him and Kaep.

Their best bet is to tank to the point where the entire staff (including the GM) is canned, and they end up with a top 5 pick or better in next year's draft.

That GM is not going anywhere, if he was, it would have been last season, and Harbaugh would still be stroking out on the sideline.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:00 pm

Maybe HC.

But Jed York could reach the point where he's willing to cut ties and allegiances to any number of people, including his GM.

Their drafts have been spotty, and it's tough to acquire a fresh approach if you leave the same personnel decision maker in place. The owner himself has plenty to do with what's occurred, but as head honcho it'll be everybody else that takes the fall.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:04 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:http://dailysnark.com/clay-mathews-yells-kaepernick-aint-russell-wilson/

LMAO.

No Colin, you're not ...

Shows a healthy respect for Russ don't it?
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:38 pm

I wonder if Futurite is going to post in here about how Colin is just as good if not better than DangeRus??? Cracks me up how this guy keeps trying to put lipstick on this "pig". The guy has not only plateaued he has regressed. It also shows how much of a LOSER Jim Hairball is to have elevated Krapperdick over Alex Smith after Smith was hurt and then recovered.

Hairball inherited a talented but under achieving team, squeezed everything out of it and then bolted back to the college ranks when he realized that he had to rebuild. he just couldn't take the heat of starting over again from scratch, like Pete did.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby Futureite » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:06 pm

Haha oh well, such is life. You move forward and onward. I mean, "Krapperdick". Really. About sums up the interaction I've had here over the yrs.
Futureite
Legacy

Postby Futureite » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:11 pm

RiverDog wrote:I know he's been a whipping boy for a lot of us so today's performance should come as no surprise, but today's game against the Packers he looked about as bad as I've ever seen him, missing open receivers, getting sacked when he should have thrown it away, making his mind up to scramble instead of looking downfield ala Russell.

Any bets that he gets traded to Philly in the offseason?

Hasn't your QB thrown 6 TDs 7 ints over the last 5 games? Maybe a whipping boy is needed right now. Hey, he's yours for the next 10 yrs. The rest of us nonfranchise QB having fans are just effed.
Futureite
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:28 am

Futureite wrote:
Hasn't your QB thrown 6 TDs 7 ints over the last 5 games? Maybe a whipping boy is needed right now. Hey, he's yours for the next 10 yrs. The rest of us nonfranchise QB having fans are just effed.

LOL way to go troll you prove just how pathetic you are. OUR QB led us to back to back SBs and even won 1. Our Qb has the 2nd highest QB rating of any player in their first 4 years. LOL stupid troll on and by the way learn to count its 7tds and 7 ints over the last 5 and 10 tds and 7 ints over the least 6 LOL stupid troll. Oh and you other golden boy who you have gone out of your way to say is so much better than ours has thrown 5 tds and 7 ints in just 3 games. LOL stupid troll
Anthony
Legacy

Postby kalibane » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:38 am

I'm glad for the Seahawks sake that Kaepernick is not making good on his potential, but if he weren't in the division I'd be a little dissapointed. The league would be better if Kaepernick took the next step. I generally don't like seeing that kind of potential wasted.

That vine is hilarious though, considering the debate the debate between Hawk and Niner fans over the past three years.
kalibane
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:27 am

People can finally start spelling his name right: it's now Colin "You Ain't Russell Wilson Bro" Kaepernick.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Uppercut » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:35 am

Staring to feel sorry for the guy as he is just trying to do his job! Always had doubts about him but after Harbaugh left him with Ron Jeremy the handwriting was on the wall. he would probably do OK somewhere just not in the Niners org at this time.

Hope RW and Rawls plays lights out tonight! But most likely a 1st half yawner until 3rd Q
Uppercut
Legacy

Postby Futureite » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:04 am

I will never doubt a man that tries to be great at anything and goes about it the right way, whether it's Wilson, Kap, etc. I am not directing this to anyone specific here, but we live in an age now where people revel in taking shots at others via social. It's their chance to become their own star for a day. It just blows my mind some days reading through NFL.Com etc how many people revel in other's failures.

I hope Kap turns it around somewhere else, or at least can feel good about putting this much work in to become what he was trying to be. I'd honestly like to revel in Wilson's recent much less pronounced struggles, but unfortunately it does nothing to make our QB any better.

Maybe Wilson will get it going tonight at home on the big stage.
Futureite
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:15 am

Ron Jeremy LMAO. Ron was sweating like a fat kid at a free barbeque all day yesterday. LOL
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:28 pm

I mean, "Krapperdick". Really. About sums up the interaction I've had here over the yrs.

Likewise.

(and you know it's just a jab- relax)

I'd honestly like to revel in Wilson's recent much less pronounced struggles

Like his Eye Test Failure™?
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:43 am

RW has really sucked this season. 100+ qB rating, 71% completion rate, 5 TDs, 2 INTs, on pace for passing nearly 4,000 yards and rushing another 700. Yeah, that totally sucks. ????? What totally sucks is our O-line and our Beast being MIA even when he's here. W/O RW, we'd be 1&3 if not O&4. Period.

Now the D has improved each week, for sure...We don't really know how much better they have gotten as we played two of the crappiest teams in the league. But they allowed only 5 points per game in doing so (w/ one bagel); no matter who you play, 5 points/game (7 of which was a fumble recovery so it's really 1.5 points/game) is pretty dang good. Cinci next week will be a tall test all the way around. Their O is balanced and clicking, their D is solid, the game is in Cinci and it's a 10 am start. If we can find a way to get to 3-2, I'd feel a whole lot better about the rest of the season.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby kalibane » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:52 am

Unless the Mr. Hyde version of Dalton shows up I just don't see us beating Cincy right now. The Offense just will not be able to keep up.
kalibane
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:45 am

Futureite wrote:I will never doubt a man that tries to be great at anything and goes about it the right way, whether it's Wilson, Kap, etc. I am not directing this to anyone specific here, but we live in an age now where people revel in taking shots at others via social. It's their chance to become their own star for a day. It just blows my mind some days reading through NFL.Com etc how many people revel in other's failures.

I hope Kap turns it around somewhere else, or at least can feel good about putting this much work in to become what he was trying to be. I'd honestly like to revel in Wilson's recent much less pronounced struggles, but unfortunately it does nothing to make our QB any better.

Maybe Wilson will get it going tonight at home on the big stage.

Professional athletes get paid exclusively due to their popularity, or rather the popularity of their sport. They are in the entertainment business. If not for the popularity of their business, they wouldn't be getting paid a dime as they produce no product nor perform any kind of service. I have zero sympathy for any athlete who's taking shots from fans who revel in their failures. It comes with the territory, and they get compensated very well by the same public that's taking shots at them.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Futureite » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:38 pm

Fair point River. If that's what you wanna do, I guess do it.
Futureite
Legacy

Postby Uppercut » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:59 am

Uppercut
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:11 am

So does he get traded this year?
There are a few teams that might want to take a QB that showed a lot of promise just a few years ago.
Jets, Bills, Browns, and Texans might be in the market, and the Eagles always come to mind when a mobile QB is available.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:27 am

NorthHawk wrote:So does he get traded this year?
There are a few teams that might want to take a QB that showed a lot of promise just a few years ago.
Jets, Bills, Browns, and Texans might be in the market, and the Eagles always come to mind when a mobile QB is available.

How about a swap with the Chiefs, Krapperdick for Alex Smith? Boy, wouldn't that send Futureite into a tizzy!
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:29 am

There's no market for Kaepernick now in terms of trade value.
He'll remain on the team for this season, then be released at its conclusion, IMO.

It's clear that they need to move on from this guy, and draft somebody else next spring.
He's done all he can in SF, had some success early, but would be better off getting a fresh start with a new team, probably as a back up at this point.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:32 am

Yeah, just like I said when he signed that deal, he has to regret it now. It was a terrible deal which almost guaranteed he would never see anywhere near the over $100 mil it 'looked' like. I imagine GM's around the NFL were laughing their a$$'s off at that contract when it was signed.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:55 am

Zorn76 wrote:There's no market for Kaepernick now in terms of trade value.
He'll remain on the team for this season, then be released at its conclusion, IMO.

It's clear that they need to move on from this guy, and draft somebody else next spring.
He's done all he can in SF, had some success early, but would be better off getting a fresh start with a new team, probably as a back up at this point.

Teams that need a QB might take a chance as he's still young and they might perceive him to be behind a bad OL and maybe have a QB coach or OC that isn't helping.
They might also want to make sure they get him before some other team signs him if he's cut and SF might want to get some type of draft pick as well as dumping the salary.
Agreed, he wouldn't command a high pick, but an optimistic or desperate FO might want to take a lower pick chance.

The SF Front Office must be under a lot of pressure for the bad season and the downward slide. I would guess some type of change will happen between now and the draft whether it's the GM, HC, or both gone and Kaep as well.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:13 am

The SF Front Office must be under a lot of pressure for the bad season and the downward slide. I would guess some type of change will happen between now and the draft whether it's the GM, HC, or both gone and Kaep as well. - NorthHawk

They need overhaul the entire F.O. and get rid of Tomsula, period.

It's hardly their HC's fault - he was set up to fail from the get go - he simply isn't head coaching material at an NFL level.
The G.M. isn't worth keeping, either.

The biggest problem for Jed York and his team - Nobody wants to go there and play right now. If a player can get an equal deal somewhere else, they'll take it rather than be a part of the garbage going on currently in SF.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby kalibane » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:25 am

Isn't their biggest issue Jed York? lol

They should have never forced Eddie Debartalo out.
kalibane
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:07 pm

He'd be a fit in Dallas. Arrogant. & they have a line who could protect him while he zings the ball out of bounds. Romo is getting old and can't stay healthy. Book it. ;-)
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:39 pm

Zorn76 wrote:There's no market for Kaepernick now in terms of trade value.

I dunno, Zorny. It's a quarterback hungry league. Who would have guessed that the Eagles would trade Bradford? I can't believe that they're happy with Bradford and wouldn't like a a more mobile quarterback for their Quack Attack. And suppose Peyton retires after this season? Do you think Osweiller is his heir apparent?

I agree that Krapperdick's value has taken a big hit, but if the Niners are willing to eat some of his salary, there could be several teams that might express interest.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:33 pm

There may be some interest, but I think teams would more likely take a chance by waiting for him to be cut. The deadline is coming up, and right now CK's stock couldn't be any lower. Wherever he ends up, he's gonna have to compete to win a starting job.

As for Bradford, it's been harder to figure him out given all his injuries. He got beat up pretty good in Stl. He still has a decent shot at salvaging his career, IMO. His main problem is staying healthy, but I understand why Philly took the chance.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:00 pm

Interesting you guys are talking about Bradford and Kaepernik, as I kind of believe one will replace the other in Philly, and it makes me nervous to tell you the truth. Kaepernik could be deadly in Kelly's offense, and I could see Philly making a strong push for either Kaepernik or RGIII in the offseason ( though I think the preference would be hands down Kaepernik, as he hasn't been injured, and is better running the ball).
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:17 pm

I think Kap has a real chance at resurrecting himself. Hell, before last night, he'd had two whole games in a row where he looked like an NFL QB. He does have a unique skill-set and if he is put in the right environment, he will pull his career out of the toilet. One of the disappointing things is that it likely won't be in SF. I was disappointed when Harbaugh left because I loved the Pete Vs. Jim/Russ Vs. Kap rivalry.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:54 pm

IMO, what's being overlooked when it comes to Kaepernick is his mental toughness - or lackthereof.

His psyche is too fragile. He's a thin skinned guy who cares too much what fans think - so much so that he's engaged in twitter disputes with a couple of them (usually 49er fans). Big no no.

When things are good, he's all smiles. When they're bad - and it's about as bad as it can get right now - he goes into tank. Now, nobody is gonna be flashing a big smile when they suck. But I think it goes deeper with this guy. The highs are high, but the lows are even lower.

You could see it last night, even before the 1st half started to get ugly (score wise). After their first couple of drives, his face was wearing fear. The Seahawks are in his head for sure, so it's understandable in that regard. But he doesn't trust himself to pull out of a funk in general.

You have to have a thick skin to survive in the NFL as a starting QB. RW has had that from the get go, along with other. CK has next to nothing in this context.

You have to learn from your mistakes, but not beat yourself up over them. At the moment, I think he's doing a whole lot of the latter. Can he snap out of it?

Not in SF.
Maybe somewhere else.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby Futureite » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:56 pm

Zorn76 wrote:IMO, what's being overlooked when it comes to Kaepernick is his mental toughness - or lackthereof.

His psyche is too fragile. He's a thin skinned guy who cares too much what fans think - so much so that he's engaged in twitter disputes with a couple of them (usually 49er fans). Big no no.

When things are good, he's all smiles. When they're bad - and it's about as bad as it can get right now - he goes into tank. Now, nobody is gonna be flashing a big smile when they suck. But I think it goes deeper with this guy. The highs are high, but the lows are even lower.

You could see it last night, even before the 1st half started to get ugly (score wise). After their first couple of drives, his face was wearing fear. The Seahawks are in his head for sure, so it's understandable in that regard. But he doesn't trust himself to pull out of a funk in general.

You have to have a thick skin to survive in the NFL as a starting QB. RW has had that from the get go, along with other. CK has next to nothing in this context.

You have to learn from your mistakes, but not beat yourself up over them. At the moment, I think he's doing a whole lot of the latter. Can he snap out of it?

Not in SF.
Maybe somewhere else.

In my opinion, that's far from the truth. If he were mentally weak, he'd not have spent 2 months working on the fundamentals of the position this offseason. He'd not have rebounded from that 4 INT performance just a couple of weeks ago with 2 good games. The things that were said about him from both fans and veterans of this game, the media scrutiny would have broken a lot of people. Especially someone with thin skin.

The deal is, he lacks the ability to play the position from a mental standpoint. Has zero to do with confidence. You saw that in our play calling Thursday. I have been exactly where he is in various endeavors; you have put 110% into being great. You've prepared the right way. You are ultra confident. And now, live bullets are coming and you just lack the skills to deal with them. You are at a certain level, period. And no amount of confidence, moxy or any other adjective will fix that. You can fake it in the moment, but you know the truth.

So, he could go out there and act like the most confident guy in the world and "lead", but the facts are we called ultra simplified route combos, and your DBs were all over them. Your Dlinemen were in his face within a couple seconds. He could put on whatever face he want to, but it wouldn't have mattered. When he plays a lesser D, he may put up 300 yds again and everyone will claim he's "found" his confidence. That'll be no truer of a statement though than the claim that he had lost it Thursday.

I still really like this guy as our QB, for his work ethic, heart and leadership. Probably time to move on though. But I have no regrets at all we stuck with him.
Futureite
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:05 pm

Zorn76 wrote:IMO, what's being overlooked when it comes to Kaepernick is his mental toughness - or lackthereof.

Not in SF.
Maybe somewhere else.

For sure. The HAWKS are in his head in a big way. What's his TD to INT ratio against us? Not very favorable, that's for sure. You can see it in his eyes. All the practice in the world with former NFL greats isn't going to take the panic out of his play.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby kalibane » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:59 am

Zorn76 wrote:

When things are good, he's all smiles. When they're bad - and it's about as bad as it can get right now - he goes into tank.

I think this is a fair point. It's what I've always observed with him in his post game pressers depending on when they win or lose and who they lose to.

He's intelligent and he's a hard worker but I've never liked that part of his demeanor. He comes across like a front runner. For that reason I'd be a little scared to bring him into Philly (although RGIII would probably have more to worry about). If he comes in and doesn't play well he will get pilloried in that market and that probably isn't the best thing for him right now.

He has way too many measurables for his career to be over though. 6'4" with a rocket arm, someone is always going to take a chance on you in the NFL even if you can't run. Look how long Derek Anderson hung around.

Before this season I thought Kaep definitely had a future in the right situation and he still might. But I'm less optimistic about it now. His growth has been completely stunted. Even if he wasn't making good throws he should have shown more improvement on going through progressions at this point and it's just not happening.
kalibane
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:04 pm

IMO, Kaepernick is likely a back up QB somewhere else next season, unless a starter goes down with injury, and he's a #1 by default. I doubt very much that he will simply be handed the keys by another franchise

His regression has been slow, but steady, to the point that his SB season of 3 years ago seems like a distant memory. The recent play isn't up to snuff, even when you factor in other circumstances surrounding the 49ers.

Nice kid, great arm, and runs like a gazelle - something he doesn't do enough of now, really - but it doesn't trump his biggest issue of reading defenses.

He's still roster worthy as a #2 guy, and probably end up having a fairly long career of 10 yrs or so. But odds are the glory days for him are done.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:53 pm

Its a stunning fall from grace. A year ago it was still a debate between he and Wilson as far as who had the most potential and a year later he will be lucky to finish the season as the starter if he keeps KOing the water boy.
People can grumble about Wilson's blemishes but compared to some of the golden boys like Luck and Kap and RGIII just to mention a few I like our guy just fine.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum