Jim Zorn

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Jim Zorn

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:36 pm

We have all loved Jim Zorn since he played the Seahawks very first game. He has come a long long way since then. Mike Holmgren hired him as a QB coach and he did a great job in both Green Bay and Seattle. MH was never going to elevate Jimmy to OC but Zorn did get hired for that position by Dan Snyder, then, Snyder inexplicably offered Zorn the Head Coaching position. Zorn had never been a HC on any level yet he did accept the position. He didn't last. But then neither has any other HC Snyder has hired so I don't hold that against Jim.

Now, many of us want to tar and feather Darrell Bevell and run him out of town on a rail. I hope that Pete takes the hint and cans the dude at the end of the season.

I hope that Pete would hire Jim Zorn as the next OC. Zorn did a great job with other QB's including Matt Hasselbeck. He also cam identify with Russell Wilson because he played the position the same way, both scrambled around keeping their eyes down field looking to make a play. Both also played QB behind leaky O-Lines too. Who doesn't remember the "sprint draw" designed to get Zorn away from the pass rush?

Anyway, I believe Zorn should be the one to replace Bevell.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Re: Jim Zorn

Postby depaashaas » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:38 pm

You know, I don't think Zorn will come to Carrols mind. chip kelly how ever may be out if he keeps this going in philly and some people are already linking him to usc, if that happens sark will be looking for new job and may take a year off from college. Pete already tried to get sark to get in nfl when he still what a UW, not a big fan of sark but it looks like he knows how to run the ball and Zorn is West coast offense guy. You know just for the argument
depaashaas
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:55 am

Chip Kelly has a gold parachute to USC bud. Sorry.
obiken
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:59 am

I loved that the Huskies defeated Sark and USC. One of Sarks's failings at the U-Dub was his insistence on calling the plays and that was an epic fail.

Pete should broaden his horizons. He knows diddley about the offense and maybe he should install the WCO.

I mean, Pete has proved that defense still wins championships but it would be nice to have a high powered offense to go with our awesome defense.

Zorn isn't on Pete's radar, but maybe he should. I would PUKE should Sark become the Seahawks OC. I saw first hand his play calling ability when he was HC at the UW and he was atrocious. If people feel Bevell too predictable Sark is even worse. I also believe that Sark is a scum bag and Pete needs to forget his USC pipeline and learn some new "tricks".
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby depaashaas » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:54 pm

Well sark just got fired by USC, Pete has been known to give players a second chance and maybe he will do same thing to coaches and after seeing the pathetic play calling by Bevell since, well since he got here. I am almost going to welcome it
depaashaas
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:08 pm

Sark will spend some time in re-hab before he does anything else. Not a fan & don't want him around the Hawks, but wish him well in this battle.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:42 pm

No, you really don't want Sark calling plays for the Seahawks. he was worse than pedestrian when he called plays for the Huskies.

So, Sark got canned by USC? I thought he was just on an open ended "leave of absence" ??
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby obiken » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:57 pm

I vote for Zorn!
obiken
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:47 am

Seahawks4Ever wrote:No, you really don't want Sark calling plays for the Seahawks. he was worse than pedestrian when he called plays for the Huskies.

So, Sark got canned by USC? I thought he was just on an open ended "leave of absence" ??

Yea, they changed their minds and canned him. Apparently there was some more incidents that was about to come to light so USC decided to cut their losses and get rid of him. I was surprised that they didn't can him in the first place.

No way do I want him associated with the Hawks, at least not for several years. It's not that I don't mind giving a guy a second chance, but at this point, I wouldn't trust Sark with my chewing gum. If he's going to get over his addiction, he has to start all over again and rebuild his life and his career rather than benefiting from some sort of entitlement based on his past, pre alcoholism resume. You don't overcome alcoholism with just a couple of months in a rehab facility, and to be quite frank, the odds of recovering are against him. It's a years long process and he's going to have to prove that he's overcome his demons, and to do that, he has to earn back people's trust and respect by starting out as a position coach at some college and work there for a few years.
RiverDog
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum