The Panther Game

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

The Panther Game

Postby obiken » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:58 am

I think we come out amped up, and its 28-14, Hawks.
obiken
Legacy

Re: The Panther Game

Postby Hawktawk » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:49 am

I sure hope you are right Obi. I have no clue what is going to happen. If I have any sense its one of severe apprehension. For 3 quarters last Sunday I was thinking finally these are the Hawks Ive been watching the last 3 years. Then....

I think this is going to be a whale of a game. I would not be shocked if Seattle loses it. But I see 24-21 Hawks in my minds eye, as much as I hate those types of games.Its as close to a must win as any week 6 game will ever be.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:06 am

Seahawks, 27-20.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:41 pm

Call me Debbie Downer. Carolina 17, Hawks 10.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Uppercut » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:22 pm

Panthers opponents have been mediocre at best.

I see a turn around coming now. If it doesn't happen now it wont

Sea 34 Car 10
Uppercut
Legacy

Postby Vegaseahawk » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:08 am

The pain from last weeks loss and the circumstances surrounding it will fuel the Seahawks to a 31-13 wax job.
Vegaseahawk
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:14 am

I have no doubt we are going to win this game. I have no doubt that like the previous 5 it is going to be close and which ever team scores last will win.

Seahawks-30
Carolina-27

Hauska kicks the winning FG leaving very little time on the clock.

Oh, Cam and Wilson are going to put on a show!
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:36 pm

Carolina is a good team who are traveling to a nasty part of town to encounter some very bad men.

Hawks 26 - 10.
savvyman
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:19 am

RiverDog wrote:Call me Debbie Downer. Carolina 17, Hawks 10.

River, Wow!!

I just think they come out loaded for bear at like last year.
obiken
Legacy

Postby Oly » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:06 am

24-13 Hawks
Oly
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:13 am

obiken wrote:River, Wow!!

I just think they come out loaded for bear at like last year.

Part of my pessimism is lowering expectations, so I don't throw any bricks through my TV.

But I have to be honest. I don't like what I've seen so far. This team doesn't have a killer instinct, more like a sense of entitlement, like they shouldn't have to work for their wins. We keep getting beat in the 4th quarter/OT, can't finish games. There's a very fine line in the NFL between winning and losing. We've lost our edge, that little something that set us apart from the others.

Maybe my dour attitude will wake them up!
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:03 pm

RiverDog wrote:Call me Debbie Downer. Carolina 17, Hawks 10.

Well Debbie, Russ has never lost to the Panthers, he's not going to start a new trens at The Clink. 28-6 Seahawks.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:29 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:Well Debbie, Russ has never lost to the Panthers, he's not going to start a new trens at The Clink. 28-6 Seahawks.

He has now.

This is a different Russell Wilson. This Russell Wilson has lost his magic.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:18 pm

I don't buy that one. Our OL sucks River, big donkey weenie. He makes plays but getting stuffed in the red zone Is the OL.
obiken
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:27 pm

obiken wrote:I don't buy that one. Our OL sucks River, big donkey weenie. He makes plays but getting stuffed in the red zone Is the OL.

What we don't see on TV is the pass coverages. In the Bengals game, of which I attended in person and watched from the upper level, there were lots of times Russell had open receivers but he wasn't throwing the ball to them. He was too busy with the happy feet. Last Sunday the loss was squarely on Russell's shoulders.

I didn't see today's game in person, but I did note HC's post as he apparently was at today's game and said essentially the same thing I saw last weekend, ie that there were open receivers that Russell wasn't finding. I'd be interested to hear his comments.
Last edited by RiverDog on Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:28 pm

obiken wrote:I don't buy that one. Our OL sucks River, big donkey weenie. He makes plays but getting stuffed in the red zone Is the OL.

Even magicians need some help. If you ask me between the play calling, the play design, the oline he is getting very little help.
Anthony
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:34 pm

Anthony wrote:Even magicians need some help. If you ask me between the play calling, the play design, the oline he is getting very little help.

We've had patchwork offensive lines before and still won. Darrell Bevell has been calling the plays for the past 3+ years.

As Ronald Reagan once said..."There he goes again!"... Anthony making excuses for Russell.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:41 pm

RiverDog wrote:We've had patchwork offensive lines before and still won. Darrell Bevell has been calling the plays for the past 3+ years.

As Ronald Reagan once said..."There he goes again!"... Anthony making excuses for Russell.

Riv believe what you want, I could say there you go again reading into something that is not there. Its a fact one player cannot win by them selves they need help. Yes we have had a bad oline for years but never this bad they are ranked dead last in pass blocking, Yes we have had Bevell for 3 years and have won inspite of him, but we also had a defense that could finish we do not now. Sorry dude those are truths deal with it.
Anthony
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:44 pm

RiverDog wrote:
What we don't see on TV is the pass coverages. In the Bengals game, of which I attended in person and watched from the upper level, there were lots of times Russell had open receivers but he wasn't throwing the ball to them. He was too busy with the happy feet. Last Sunday the loss was squarely on Russell's shoulders.

I didn't see today's game in person, but I did note HC's post as he apparently was at today's game and said essentially the same thing I saw last weekend, ie that there were open receivers that Russell wasn't finding. I'd be interested to hear his comments.

Great he was there and saw open guys or so he thinks, that does not prove they were open when they needed to be. What good is getting open if it is after your suppose to be or before. IF you are the first read and do not get open till the QB is on his 2nd read you are not open. It is not as simple as you want it to be. Huard did an analysis of the Cincy game showed how the Cincy DBs were running our routes better than us. So tell you what find something that proves that they were open when the should have been and maybe we can talk until then you got nothing. Somethings never change still trying to blame Wilson for things that you know nothing about.
Anthony
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:51 pm

Anthony wrote:Great he was there and saw open guys or so he thinks, that does not prove they were open when they needed to be. What good is getting open if it is after your suppose to be or before. IF you are the first read and do not get open till the QB is on his 2nd read you are not open. It is not as simple as you want it to be. Huard did an analysis of the Cincy game showed how the Cincy DBs were running our routes better than us. So tell you what find something that proves that they were open when the should have been and maybe we can talk until then you got nothing. Somethings never change still trying to blame Wilson for things that you know nothing about.

No one, except you, is demanding proof of anything. No one, except for you, is treating this venue like it's some sort of fact finding organization. To the rest of us, it's an opinion forum. If you want to put a coating of Teflon on Russell, go right ahead. No sweat off my tail.

I saw what I saw at the Bengals game, open receivers that Russell wasn't throwing to. If you don't want to believe me, then fine, I am not on some sort of political campaign or popularity contest to win your vote. I am here to express my opinion, talk a little football, learn a few things.

I want to hear from HC because he's a good football mind that I've come to respect and he was there at the game looking at things I couldn't see.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:56 pm

RiverDog wrote:No one, except you, is demanding proof of anything. No one, except for you, is treating this venue like it's some sort of fact finding organization. To the rest of us, it's an opinion forum. If you want to put a coating of Teflon on Russell, go right ahead. No sweat off my tail.

I saw what I saw at the Bengals game, open receivers that Russell wasn't throwing to. If you don't want to believe me, then fine, I am not on some sort of political campaign or popularity contest.

I want to hear from HC because he's a good football mind that I've come to respect and he was there at the game looking at things I couldn't see.

No one but you keeps trying to make this about me defending Wilson. Which I am not. I made a legitimate point one that you and whomever saw the game cannot answer. I never said Wilson did not miss a Wr I know he has all QBs have but I am saying it is not as much as you think and just because you are at the game doe snot mean you know. I saw heard Huard break down every pass play and state Wilson may have missed 1 open Wr, the rest were not open when they needed to be or were not open period but Wilson was being baited. I think I will believe an expert who knows the 0plays, and played the position in the NFL over a fan who has a agenda. thanks
Anthony
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:05 pm

I love River, and he has helped me outta the tall grass more than anyone in here, but to say he has lost his mojo, with this OL, is like saying Griese lost his skills after they lost Czonka, KIck, Morris, and Warfield. River's a little off on this one. No way Wilson can be blamed for a game where ML has 54 yards rushing, there is just no way. Penalties took out 2 of his big runs.
obiken
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:51 am

obiken wrote:I love River, and he has helped me outta the tall grass more than anyone in here, but to say he has lost his mojo, with this OL, is like saying Griese lost his skills after they lost Czonka, KIck, Morris, and Warfield. River's a little off on this one. No way Wilson can be blamed for a game where ML has 54 yards rushing, there is just no way. Penalties took out 2 of his big runs.

Russell hasn't lost his skills. To a large degree, the league has adjusted to them. How many times in the past few games has Russell tried that little reverse spin move and run right smack into a tackler that's just waiting for him? We didn't see Russell blindly spinning into sacks that often over the past 3 years. Defenses are getting wise to him.

Yes, we have a porous offensive line, but it's not like we've had superior lines in the past. We haven't had a truly good offensive line since 2005. Russell's had Okung for every game this season. How many times has he played without Okung in the past? And Max Unger, how many times did we play without him in the past few seasons? All the great quarterbacks have to deal with bad OL's at some point in their careers. It's not limited to Russell.

No one, least of all not me, has indicated that Russell's performances is the only problem or even the worst problem we face. What I am saying is that his play is one of several root causes for our demise, and he has to make adjustments to his game if we are to be successful again. The quarterback position is the most influential of all positions. They receive tons of credit when their team wins, tons of blame when they lose. That's not made up. The credit it/blame it on the quarterback happens for a reason.
RiverDog
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum