OT- HS Football

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

OT- HS Football

Postby mykc14 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:12 am

I love watching the Hawks as much as anybody, especially going to the Clink, but right up there is IMO is HS football. As some of you know I am an assistant HS football coach where I teach, Toledo (Wa). I haven't posted about our team much but I figure maybe some of you enjoy watching HS football or are looking for another team to root for so I thought I might give you an update on our team and possibly a rooting interest. We have been pretty good in the past, including getting a 3rd place trophy last year, and are doing well again this season. We are set up to get 2nd in our league, only losing to the #1 team in state (and we would love to get another shot at them in the playoffs). We are one of the small classification schools (2B) but if you see Toledo in a newspaper about an upcoming game send some good luck our way.

I also wanted to know do many of you go out and watch HS football on Friday's? If so where? Its really cool to see those boys willing to push themselves hard and sacrifice themselves for their teammates and for the love of the game.
mykc14
Legacy

Re: OT- HS Football

Postby RiverDog » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:14 pm

mykc14 wrote:I love watching the Hawks as much as anybody, especially going to the Clink, but right up there is IMO is HS football. As some of you know I am an assistant HS football coach where I teach, Toledo (Wa). I haven't posted about our team much but I figure maybe some of you enjoy watching HS football or are looking for another team to root for so I thought I might give you an update on our team and possibly a rooting interest. We have been pretty good in the past, including getting a 3rd place trophy last year, and are doing well again this season. We are set up to get 2nd in our league, only losing to the #1 team in state (and we would love to get another shot at them in the playoffs). We are one of the small classification schools (2B) but if you see Toledo in a newspaper about an upcoming game send some good luck our way.

I also wanted to know do many of you go out and watch HS football on Friday's? If so where? Its really cool to see those boys willing to push themselves hard and sacrifice themselves for their teammates and for the love of the game.

I was aware that you were a teacher, but I didn't realize that you were also a coach. It makes sense, though. You have a very good knowledge of the game.

I used to go to a lot of HS football, at least back when my old school (Walla Walla) was doing well as I could always count on seeing an old friend or a former teammate's son playing. But about 12 years ago, I changed jobs and much of the time, my work prevents me from attending.

High school sports ain't what they used to be when 10,000 people used to turn out to watch a big game. Blame it on a progression of things to compete with it for entertainment, from cable TV to video game to the internet.

Good luck with your team. Now that I know who you are coaching, I'll keep my eye on the scores. But please try to stay active here, too. You're one of the better contributors.
RiverDog
Legacy

Re: OT- HS Football

Postby obiken » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:52 pm

Not to stir up controversy, but what the heck happened at Lake Oswego?? a forfeit and 30 players were suspended.
obiken
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum