Excusses for the Defense

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Re: Excusses for the Defense

Postby HumanCockroach » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:53 pm

Have to be honest here, my first response to Bob's reply was that he was being awfully dick-ish ( and not just in this thread but the one linked by Savvy) certainly rubbed me or chaffed me as wrong, had to bite my tongue ( or fingers as it were in my responses) to keep from insulting him the way I felt he had insulted me, with the whole "throw in the towel" thing here as well as the responses in the other thread about something that concerned me, and had merit, and has continued to play out exactly the way I feared all those weeks ago.

I'm not sure if I hadn't taken a few minutes before responding to Bobs jabs that my responses wouldn't have been awfully similar to Savvy's. There's a huge difference between disagreeing with someones opinion, and simply disregarding it as if a poster "knows better" and as such, the opinion doesn't even deserve to be discussed, acknowledged or chewed over. Certainly how it felt to me in that thread, and again here. Like I was some piss ant kid that didn't have over thirty years of watching, playing and coaching the sport. That type of attitude can certainly get someones dander up pretty damn quick and it appears that is what occurred with Savvy.( at least to me).
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:12 am

HumanCockroach wrote:Have to be honest here, my first response to Bob's reply was that he was being awfully dick-ish ( and not just in this thread but the one linked by Savvy) certainly rubbed me or chaffed me as wrong, had to bite my tongue ( or fingers as it were in my responses) to keep from insulting him the way I felt he had insulted me, with the whole "throw in the towel" thing here as well as the responses in the other thread about something that concerned me, and had merit, and has continued to play out exactly the way I feared all those weeks ago.

I'm not sure if I hadn't taken a few minutes before responding to Bobs jabs that my responses wouldn't have been awfully similar to Savvy's. There's a huge difference between disagreeing with someones opinion, and simply disregarding it as if a poster "knows better" and as such, the opinion doesn't even deserve to be discussed, acknowledged or chewed over. Certainly how it felt to me in that thread, and again here. Like I was some piss ant kid that didn't have over thirty years of watching, playing and coaching the sport. That type of attitude can certainly get someones dander up pretty damn quick and it appears that is what occurred with Savvy.( at least to me).

If that's how you felt Roach I apologize, but how is my "throwing in the towel" crack any different that your "can we worry now Bob" crack? I absolutely took that as the kind of ribbing two guys watching a game at a sports bar might engage in and felt that my response was certainly in that same spirit. I even attached the little laughing devil emoji and quipped "as long as you asked" to it to try help convey that sort of good natured mischief.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:51 am

Not being up to date ( and not really caring to be ) on Emoji's I had / have no idea what that face meant ( to be honest I thought it meant you were angry at me) That response came off as kind of pompous to me to be honest. I was honestly asking if you had changed your mind about the offensive offense yet. The thread prior were I brought up my concern over the offenses lack of production you blew me off ( at least that is the feeling I got, and I doubt Savvy or anyone else expressing concern about it felt any differently) and dismissed it, and then kind of made me feel like my concerns weren't valid, and I was being a nervous Nellie about the whole thing. My question was I guess pointing out that those concerns three weeks ago ( disturbing pattern is how I think I said it then) were not only valid, but something that at the very least deserved more than to be brushed off like old bread crumbs or something.

Whatever, don't care all that much, if I did I would have responded in a more aggressive manor.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:19 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:Not being up to date ( and not really caring to be ) on Emoji's I had / have no idea what that face meant ( to be honest I thought it meant you were angry at me) That response came off as kind of pompous to me to be honest. I was honestly asking if you had changed your mind about the offensive offense yet. The thread prior were I brought up my concern over the offenses lack of production you blew me off ( at least that is the feeling I got, and I doubt Savvy or anyone else expressing concern about it felt any differently) and dismissed it, and then kind of made me feel like my concerns weren't valid, and I was being a nervous Nellie about the whole thing. My question was I guess pointing out that those concerns three weeks ago ( disturbing pattern is how I think I said it then) were not only valid, but something that at the very least deserved more than to be brushed off like old bread crumbs or something.

Whatever, don't care all that much, if I did I would have responded in a more aggressive manor.

Ok if you insist on going back to the thread prior, I had just spent the previous several posts explaining that IMO offensive stats from those first three games were not a predictive indicator of what was ahead for the rest of the season. Was not your then stepping in and telling me to ponder more statistical evidence of our offensive ineptitude over those first three games every bit as dismissive of what I had just been saying as I was in my dismissal of them on grounds already explained?
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:44 pm

it was too much, but we all have done it a time or two. Everyone but me that is. Say your sorry Savvy and come back to the party.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:07 pm

No Bob, that isn't the way it happened. Just read through the thread. I simply don't care. I even agreed with multiple points ( such as winning is what matters). I provided information, that's all, and that it "worried me". To which you responded:

Re: Official Seahawks vs Bears POST Game Thread

Postby c_hawkbob » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:27 pm

Don't take this wrong, but I ain't "mulling that over". Have I not already rejected stats over these first three games as not predictive? Get back to me if we're still on that pace at mid season.

Last edited by c_hawkbob on Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

I didn't "jump" into anything, I was posting in the thread early and often. Responding to someone saying to someone else in a thread is common( otherwise what's the point?), and at no point did I summarily dismiss your opinion on matters. I responded politely, and pointed out why I was worried about it. Agreed with "basking in the glow" to a point, but also pointed out there was issues that I didn't feel should be "swept under the rug" so to speak.

You said to "get back to you" which is exactly what I did, though now they are on a WORSE pace than they were three weeks ago ( less than 16 points a game and falling). If you don't think it's "indicative" of this offensive team, fine. Got zero issues with it, but people being concerned about it, have a valid position, and this is certainly far enough into the season to warrant it. ( though three weeks in was as well, despite the shutout, and win, as it has to this point played out EXACTLY as some of us said then, though hopefully it stops, I'm not interested in suffering through another 2-14 season, once in a lifetime is enough). Obviously I am not the only one that felt that you were being dismissive, while I didn't respond the way Savvy did, I certainly was upset with the whole " throw in the towel" stuff ( maybe it's just too many jabs at being a bandwagon fan in other locations, I'm not sure).

Either way, I really just don't care all that much. I don't think how Savvy responded was necessarily warranted, that said, I could understand why he would do it, which is why I posted in his defense in the first place.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby kalibane » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:31 am

Seems kind of pointless to argue about what happened in another thread. Tone gets lost on the internet often. Can we just chalk this up to "one of those things" and move on?
kalibane
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:42 am

I had no idea there was ever a problem with anything said by anyone in that thread or in this one till Savvy got personal.

If I overreacted I apologize, and that's the last I'll say on it.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:43 am

kalibane wrote:Seems kind of pointless to argue about what happened in another thread. Tone gets lost on the internet often. Can we just chalk this up to "one of those things" and move on?

I second that motion. All 3 of you are good posters and I'd hate to see any of you limit your participation.

So in the words of that wise old sage Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along?"
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:12 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:I had no idea there was ever a problem with anything said by anyone in that thread or in this one till Savvy got personal.

If I overreacted I apologize, and that's the last I'll say on it.

Don't think you over reacted Bob, I just think people are on edge, and as Bane pointed out it is easy to take things a way they weren't meant. I apologize for anything I have done as well. I do still worry about that offense, that simply isn't changing until a couple games with over 17 points produced, but I totally understand whay you would be upset with the things Savvy posted, and I wasn't trying to "pile on" I was simply attempting to say that I could "understand" why he did it ( I wasn't condoning it, and I hope you didn't get that impression).

GO HAWKS! Another goose egg would be like mana from heaven right about now ( and maybe a huge offensive outburst as well. At this point, I think that means anything over 24 points LOL).
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:54 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:GO HAWKS! Another goose egg would be like mana from heaven right about now ( and maybe a huge offensive outburst as well. At this point, I think that means anything over 24 points LOL).

A goose egg on Hairball's corpse would be nice. This rivalry has lost a lot of its luster, but I can't think of a better team to rebound against.

I'd be happy with 3 TD's on 4 trips to the red zone. I really think that 21 points will be enough to beat these clowns. I'd love for someone like CBob to yell "I told you so!"

How much you want to bet that if Russell throws for 350+ yards and 4 TD's that Anthony makes an appearance?
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:58 pm

Maybe, at this point everyone can tell me I told you so, as long as it comes with victories, and lots of them.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Previous

Return to Seahawks Forum