Getting out of hand

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Getting out of hand

Postby Anthony » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:22 pm

Look this is my last post as this forum is getting as bad as the times and .net

I have no problem when Wilson makes a mistake, heck he missed Lockette when he was by himself I get it. it happens Brady did the same thing tonight however given:

that it is widely known our oline sucks, they are dead last in pass blocking, and yes some are on Wilson but for everyone on wilson he prevents 2 others.
Given it is known our pass paly scheme are dirt, all the experts have said it, Huard did a pass play by pass play and has shown how simple they are and how the defenders are running the plays better than our own WR
Given it is known how bad the play calling is and we all have agreed
And given our WR do struggle to get open when they are suppose to
Given Wilson is on a short lease
Given Wilson has been drilled no mistakes, no TOs no gambles
And given we always go prevent Defense and offense when we get a lead
Given your HC has said he wants a lead in the 4th qtr and his defenses to win it

Don't you think it is a little stupid to put so much blame on him as some of you are doing,

I mean really he cannot trust his oline, he cannot trust his Wr (NFCCG 3 of 4 ints went off Kearse's hands), he cannot trust the play call and oh yeah no taking chances, no INT. I mean he is trying to play with his hands tied behind his back literally. You guys are quick to defend the defense but do so while basically throwing Wilson to the wolves despite know he is getting little to no help, even to day no run game really. IF you paid attention they are not even letting him run the 2 minute drill anymore it is all called plays form Bevell. Call it excuses but it is the truth. Read this and think about it and tell me if you had all this going against you how great would you would be playing. And before anyone says it, ignore the coaches yeah cannot do that or the team is finished.

I mean most of you have been complaining about these things for years but now that its this year and it is at its worst, you are trying to push most of the blame on the guy that has been performing magic for 3 years. I guess while I see some of the mistake he makes unlike most of you I understand there is only so much you can do when the deck is stacked against you like it is with Wilson. I know some will not agree frankly because you want it to be Wilsons fault. some will but will say BUT and a few will get it like most of the experts do.

Truth be told I do not really blame the defense or the offense or any one player. I blame coaching plain and simple. Bad play calls on both sides, to much prevent D and O. To much pulling of the lease on offense. Short sighted ness with regards to the oline. All of that is why we are were we are and that is coaching. Sometimes a player or team can overcome coaching but sometimes they cannot, right now we cannot.

Well that is it, I am done, I will just watch my games, root for my team, and hope the coaches figure it out.
Anthony
Legacy

Re: Getting out of hand

Postby HumanCockroach » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:39 pm

LMFAO. Don't tell that to Hasselbeck circa 2007 who was operating with far less weapons, a pourous o-line, and was absolutely crucified week in and week out, and was still being trashed 2 seasons AFTER he was no longer even a Seahawk by this poster who was big on "facts" insisting he sucked, but refusing to accept those "excuses" like the fact that he was throwing the ball to guys that were literally signed off the street that week, with no Jones, Hutch, Tobeck or even the incredibly average starting RG,Gray, with the Jones 2 yards rushing attack. SMDH.

No one here has even scratched the surface of that of hate, dislike or blame when it comes to Wilson, and I haven't seen a single post that doesn't support him as the answer moving forward as this team's QB. Not a SINGLE post has claimed he should be replaced, benched or be anything other than the starting QB. Hell, not one post I saw claims all blame belongs to Wilson, no one I have seen absolves the line, the defense or the OC horrendous calls late in the game.... Weird that a guy refusing to accept any "splitting of responsibility" in one instance would turn around and refuse to acknowledge the poor play in a different QB. Course I suppose that depends on that posters personal feelings towards said QB.

some can ignore issues, some can't, ultimately it is up to each of us to decide which group we are in.

Bye.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:46 pm

What I think is more strange than a Seahawk's football forum debating (& yeah, disagreeing) about the root causes of the Hawks' less than stellar start is a dude who is so committed to Wilson being THE reason for our past success that he can't see the forest through the trees. Or weirder still is the same dude's refusal to acknowledge the remotest of possibilities that Wilson's inability to move the ball in the 4th quarter (in each of our FOUR 4th quarter collapses/our only losses) is one (just one, not all) of a number of significant problems impacting this team.

RW has been very good. He has had BRILLIANT moments - today and in each of the other games this season. In some ways I see significant growth from previous seasons, yet at the same time, Mr. Wilson cannot seem to engineer a blessed 1st down during "win or lose/crunch time." If you aren't RW or a relative, you should look inward a little and get some perspective.

See ya later, if you are serious. Best of luck. GO HAWKS
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:22 am

Anthony wrote:Look this is my last post as this forum is getting as bad as the times and .net

I have no problem when Wilson makes a mistake, heck he missed Lockette when he was by himself I get it. it happens Brady did the same thing tonight however given:

that it is widely known our oline sucks, they are dead last in pass blocking, and yes some are on Wilson but for everyone on wilson he prevents 2 others.
Given it is known our pass paly scheme are dirt, all the experts have said it, Huard did a pass play by pass play and has shown how simple they are and how the defenders are running the plays better than our own WR
Given it is known how bad the play calling is and we all have agreed
And given our WR do struggle to get open when they are suppose to
Given Wilson is on a short lease
Given Wilson has been drilled no mistakes, no TOs no gambles
And given we always go prevent Defense and offense when we get a lead
Given your HC has said he wants a lead in the 4th qtr and his defenses to win it

Don't you think it is a little stupid to put so much blame on him as some of you are doing,

I mean really he cannot trust his oline, he cannot trust his Wr (NFCCG 3 of 4 ints went off Kearse's hands), he cannot trust the play call and oh yeah no taking chances, no INT. I mean he is trying to play with his hands tied behind his back literally. You guys are quick to defend the defense but do so while basically throwing Wilson to the wolves despite know he is getting little to no help, even to day no run game really. IF you paid attention they are not even letting him run the 2 minute drill anymore it is all called plays form Bevell. Call it excuses but it is the truth. Read this and think about it and tell me if you had all this going against you how great would you would be playing. And before anyone says it, ignore the coaches yeah cannot do that or the team is finished.

I mean most of you have been complaining about these things for years but now that its this year and it is at its worst, you are trying to push most of the blame on the guy that has been performing magic for 3 years. I guess while I see some of the mistake he makes unlike most of you I understand there is only so much you can do when the deck is stacked against you like it is with Wilson. I know some will not agree frankly because you want it to be Wilsons fault. some will but will say BUT and a few will get it like most of the experts do.

Truth be told I do not really blame the defense or the offense or any one player. I blame coaching plain and simple. Bad play calls on both sides, to much prevent D and O. To much pulling of the lease on offense. Short sighted ness with regards to the oline. All of that is why we are were we are and that is coaching. Sometimes a player or team can overcome coaching but sometimes they cannot, right now we cannot.

Well that is it, I am done, I will just watch my games, root for my team, and hope the coaches figure it out.

So it's not just us here in the Shack, it's this bad at the Times and .Net? Hmmmmmm.

It's not that you aren't critical of Russell. You are. It's that every time you say something negative about him you have to qualify it by saying something like "it happens Brady did the same thing tonight" or "it is widely known our oline sucks" or find some stat or some analyst that supports your position, of which there are as many as stars in the sky. Your excusing his behavior by finding reasons to justify it. You can't just say "Russell screwed up" and leave it at that. Even in your last sentence where you said "....and hope the coaches figure it out", you are indicating that you don't feel that Russell is part of the root cause, that it's the coaches problem to fix, and that Russell is just a casual happenstance. It's those types of comments, which come in one form or another in almost every post of yours, that gets everybody's radar up and won't let you fly it without receiving a whole lot of flak.

I don't blame you for taking a break. I've been there myself so I know the feeling. You are expressing a minority opinion that no one in this forum is agreeing with and you're too stubborn to admit that you're wrong, and with Russell and the Hawks both stinking up the place, there's been no opportunity for you to come back with an "I told you so".

But I hope it's not too long of a break. As much as you cause me to pull my hair out by trying to engage you in your circular arguments, I do like your presence here and feel that you are a good contributor. Take care, old friend! :D
Last edited by RiverDog on Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby kalibane » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:59 am

Russell has received probably the least criticism of any player on the team here. If you can't deal with people highlighting obvious mistakes he's making then you probably want to go to Seahawk Blue, nothing against them but they are obsessively focused on the positive.
kalibane
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:02 am

I took a break for a few months a couple of years ago.
It allows you to get a better perspective on not only the football being played, but some of the things that are important in life, too.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby The POPE » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:25 am

Dear Anthony,

Take a look at the 2nd commandment. Son, your idol worship is out of control.

Step back, re-evaluate and take a break.

Repent

The Pope
The POPE
Legacy

Postby obiken » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:41 am

First of all Anthony I am sorry. 2nd no one has attacked you personally that's the only reason you leave. 3 Its a forum, we all have a difference of opinion, come on. I think on this team you can check all the boxes, its just a matter of emphasis.
obiken
Legacy

Postby obiken » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:47 pm

What no one on the site is talking about is due to all big salaries we are paying out, the Hawks don't have the quality backups we used to have. Thurman, Browner, Smith, Bryant, Clemmons, and Maxwell. Just having one of those CB would make a huge difference. I agree with you River, the window is over after this year. We lose Beast, Okung, and Bennett. Bennett I will be glad to see go. I just don't agree that RW is a major part of the problem sorry.
obiken
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:37 pm

obiken wrote:What no one on the site is talking about is due to all big salaries we are paying out, the Hawks don't have the quality backups we used to have. Thurman, Browner, Smith, Bryant, Clemmons, and Maxwell. Just having one of those CB would make a huge difference. I agree with you River, the window is over after this year. We lose Beast, Okung, and Bennett. Bennett I will be glad to see go. I just don't agree that RW is a major part of the problem sorry.

I don't know where you got the idea that I thought our 'window' has closed, but I don't think it has. I'm just very pessimistic about this season and this 2015 team. This could be the worst team since Pete has been here, meaning that we might not even make it to .500.

We still have a solid core on defense and we have our franchise quarterback. We are going to be fine at RB with Rawls whenever Lynch decides to hang them up and we have a halfway decent receiving corps. I'm with you, I've pretty much lost my patience with Bennett, but he is under contract through 2017 although I fully expect the whiny S.O.B. to pull a Kam and hold out for a new deal. He's one player I'd put on the block. Irvin is gone, so too will Okung. Neither of them are worth what the market will bear.

I certainly don't mind your disagreeing with me (or rather, the rest of the forum minus Anthony) about Russell. What ticked me off about Anthony was the circular arguments he was making, stating an opinion then trying to tell me what he said was some sort of undeniable truth. Nevertheless, I tried not to make it personal.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:11 pm

The POPE wrote:Dear Anthony,

Repent

The Pope

LOL - I really dig your character Pope.
savvyman
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:21 pm

kalibane wrote:Russell has received probably the least criticism of any player on the team here. If you can't deal with people highlighting obvious mistakes he's making then you probably want to go to Seahawk Blue, nothing against them but they are obsessively focused on the positive.

From whatever i have seen at that site Anthony I hope you are prepared to drink a Gallon of "Seahawk Blue Koolaid" each and every day......
savvyman
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:34 am

The POPE wrote:Dear Anthony,

Repent

The Pope

Very appropriate and on the mark.
RiverDog
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum