Fred Jackson crash

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Fred Jackson crash

Postby c_hawkbob » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:23 pm

Last edited by c_hawkbob on Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Re: Drag race between Lynch and Freddy ends in crash

Postby RiverDog » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:51 pm

If they were going to do that chit, they should have done what we used to do and go out on some county road and have the race....Like the final scene in American Graffiti

Boys must be boys.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby curmudgeon » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:53 pm

curmudgeon
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:06 pm

curmudgeon wrote:https://twitter.com/cliffavril

Interesting. Thanks!

We'll have to wait and see how this all shakes out.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby depaashaas » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:11 pm

Did he fall asleep behind the wheel to? Maybe it is all Fatigue
depaashaas
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:26 pm

I'm not sure why we should be upset. It has to be one of the best drives the Seahawks have had all year.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Futureite » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:34 pm

RiverDog wrote:If they were going to do that chit, they should have done what we used to do and go out on some county road and have the race....Like the final scene in American Graffiti

Boys must be boys.

Ahahahaha! Aldon Smith did these things and he was Osama Bin Laden to you. Personally I could care less either way, but the contrast is too funny.
Futureite
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:43 pm

Futureite wrote:Ahahahaha! Aldon Smith did these things and he was Osama Bin Laden to you. Personally I could care less either way, but the contrast is too funny.

Smith was drunk on his arse. No such accusation has arisen from this episode. The details on this latest event are still undetermined. The reports of a drag race seem to be premature.

If Jackson is charged with wreckless driving or some other irresponsible act or is found to be impaired like Smith was, then I'll come out against him with the same degree of scorn that I came out against your golden boy. But until then....
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Futureite » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:56 pm

I think both our teams suck too bad for me to get riled up about any hypocrisy. But I told you before Lynch was cut from the same cloth as Aldon and neither is public enemy #1, and that was always my point. In fact, I believe Lynch left some event here drunk or was pulled over on suspicion of DUI or something similar recently. I didn't care enough to follow up on it, because it happens a million times everyday. He's packed guns, driven drunk, etc. I worked in Oakland for several yrs, seen plenty of Marshawn Lynch's. I'm sorry but he ain't much different than Aldon.
Futureite
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:32 pm

Lmao. A player loses control, TMZ fabricated a story, people buy it hook line and sinker. Someone even goes so far as to compare Jackson AFTER practice to a piece of dangerous, criminal filth who was high and drunk wrapping his truck around a tree six hours before practice. LMFAO. Dude was driving to fast, lost control on a corner and hit a stop sign. Good lord it happens regularly in Seattle, especially after a dry spell and some rain. Get a grip people, or at the very least take a TMZ report with a grain of salt.
Last edited by HumanCockroach on Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:42 am

Futureite wrote:I think both our teams suck too bad for me to get riled up about any hypocrisy. But I told you before Lynch was cut from the same cloth as Aldon and neither is public enemy #1, and that was always my point. In fact, I believe Lynch left some event here drunk or was pulled over on suspicion of DUI or something similar recently. I didn't care enough to follow up on it, because it happens a million times everyday. He's packed guns, driven drunk, etc. I worked in Oakland for several yrs, seen plenty of Marshawn Lynch's. I'm sorry but he ain't much different than Aldon.

Lynch? What your talking about was an incident over 3 years ago where he was accused of DUI and was tested at a .08, which is at the legal limit. He plead guilty to a lesser charge in order to avoid a public trial, or so says his lawyer. Not a good thing, for sure, but it pales in comparison to Aldon Smith's troubles, which were multiple and sustained over a long period of time.

And as far as the accusation of the alleged drag race, here's the latest report from a credible source:

"Police said there was no evidence that Jackson was racing, as had been reported by some news outlets. Police said Jackson remained on scene until officers could speak to him and was "polite and cooperative."

http://www.king5.com/story/news/local/2 ... /74305326/

Your grasping for straws, Futureite.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:12 am

Details on breaking news is always sketchy, whether it's TMZ or CBS or the NY Times breaking it, that's why I tend to go with the link and wait for the dust to settle before much comment. This morning on NFLN the story looked much different than last night as I was headed for bed.

Mostly glad nobody was hurt but also happy to see that everyone waited for the police, was polite, answered all the questions and generally handled everything exactly like they tell you to at the rookie symposiums.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Re: Fred Jackson crash

Postby kalibane » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:26 am

Future stop it.

This was beyond idiotic but this is not multiple incidents of drunk driving (one of which occurred mere hours before a walkthrough), hit and run over a woman, discharging a weapon in a residential neighborhood and since you are going to try and be technical about it, smuggling illegal weapons into the stat of California.

Lynch has a long way to go before he's the same piece of fabric as Aldon Smith.
kalibane
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:00 am

Just to refresh our straw grasping friend's memory, here's a copy and paste of Aldon Smith's rap sheet:

On January 28, 2012, Aldon Smith was arrested for driving under the influence in Miami Beach, Florida.[20][21]

On June 30, 2012, Smith was believed to have suffered stab wounds when attempting to break up a fight at a party at his residence. Two other people were shot in the incident.[22] On October 9, 2013, Smith was charged with "three felony counts of illegal possession of an assault weapon" relating to the stabbing incident. The charges were later reduced to misdemeanors.[23]

On September 20, 2013, Smith was involved in a single vehicle accident in San Jose, California. He was subsequently arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence and possession of marijuana. After the loss to the Indianapolis Colts in the third week of the football season, he voluntarily entered a rehabilitation facility, to be put onto the non-football injury list with an indefinite leave of absence.[24]

On April 13, 2014, Smith was detained and arrested following an incident at the Los Angeles International Airport in which Smith became belligerent and uncooperative with a TSA agent, who alleged Smith claimed he was carrying a bomb.[25] After interviews revealed that Smith did not clearly state he was carrying a bomb, the Los Angeles City Attorney decided to drop the charges. Smith was suspended for 9 games for the 2014 season.

On August 6, 2015, he was arrested in Santa Clara, California, for an alleged hit and run after driving under the influence, and vandalism charges.[26] He was released by the 49ers the following day August 7, 2015, as a result.[27]

Those are stretched over a 3.5 year period, from 1/28/12 until 8/6/2015, most of which are much more serious that what Lynch was accused of doing. Not that anyone is claiming that Marshawn is a choir boy, but In no way, shape, or form does he come anywhere near Smith's standard of behavior.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Futureite » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:27 am

Whatever guys. The guy has driven piss drunk, he's carried guns. Why don't you take a trip to Oakland where I worked and spout this bullshit. No one can seriously be this naieve. I've tried to tell you these guys (in general) are from the same areas of CA, do the same crap. But I see you're still bent on this infantile provincial pride. Yaes, Marshawn Lynch is just a choir boy. I actually like him, but this is hillarious.
Futureite
Legacy

Postby Futureite » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:30 am

kalibane wrote:Future stop it.

This was beyond idiotic but this is not multiple incidents of drunk driving (one of which occurred mere hours before a walkthrough), hit and run over a woman, discharging a weapon in a residential neighborhood and since you are going to try and be technical about it, smuggling illegal weapons into the stat of California.

Grow up. The poi t is not whether the story was true. I commented on River's reaction to it. Qhich was hypocritical to say the least. Not a mortal sin in either case.
Futureite
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:10 am

Well sure, if you're going to use "facts" to determine such things- what about The Eye Test™. though??
burrrton
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:12 am

Players crash car, are sober, politely speak with police, and 'incident' is over.

In response, some dork says this puts them on same plane as perpetually drunk, irresponsible deviant.

You say:

No one can seriously be this naieve. (sic)

Oh yeah? I give you this guy:

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=125
burrrton
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:29 am

Don't worry guys in a few weeks Future will come back and say "Sorry, sometimes my posts get a bit negative. I'm not a troll. I have just been going through a lot lately. blah, blah, blah." He's the same today as he was yesterday as he will be in the FUTURE...
mykc14
Legacy

Postby obiken » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:53 am

RiverDog wrote:I'm not sure why we should be upset. It has to be one of the best drives the Seahawks have had all year.

Oh that's funny!!
obiken
Legacy

Postby obiken » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:55 am

RiverDog wrote:If they were going to do that chit, they should have done what we used to do and go out on some county road and have the race....Like the final scene in American Graffiti

Boys must be boys.

RIght, where's the gal in tight shorts and a pink flag?? (Chuck Powell KJR!)
obiken
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:41 am

Futureite wrote:Grow up. The poi t is not whether the story was true. I commented on River's reaction to it. Qhich was hypocritical to say the least. Not a mortal sin in either case.

And I wasn't being serious in my reaction, and even if I was, your Aldon Smith analogy is completely irrelevant.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby kalibane » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:17 pm

[quote="Futureite"]

I'm assuming the story is true and I'm not happy about it. I'm not sure why you even felt the need to mention it. The problem is you trying to tie this into Aldon Smith who has exhibited many degenerative behaviors and serious addiction issues.

This routine has worn thin.
kalibane
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:22 pm

If anybody can catch it, the Seattle sports shows (Brock, Danny, Dave, etc and so on) are BRUTALLY ridiculing the site that reported this (TMZ?).

Hilarious.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby THX-1138 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:13 pm

Future

I certainly hope that this is the only stage where you exhibit such a monumental lack of intelligence. You do portray yourself as a half-witted mouth breathing troll in constant need of wiping the accumulated drool from his keyboard. If that was the intended goal then kudos to you! Mission accomplished!
THX-1138
Legacy

Postby THX-1138 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:15 pm

RiverDog wrote:I'm not sure why we should be upset. It has to be one of the best drives the Seahawks have had all year.

I wouldn't say the best. More like the most typical since it ended in a crash.
THX-1138
Legacy

Postby obiken » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:45 pm

TMZ is not the National enquirer, I think its true, but who cares.
obiken
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:54 pm

obiken wrote:TMZ is not the National enquirer, I think its true, but who cares.

Er, obi, this wasn't 'true' as reported- it's been established nothing took place remotely like they reported. That's why the sports talk shows were doing entire bits mocking their hyperbole.

They were worse than the Enquirer in this case.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:58 pm

I live here in Seattle. TMZ doesn't know what it is talking about, what they reported was a RUMOR that Jackson was racing Jackson. It didn't happen. Freddy was speeding and lost control of his brand new car, 2016 Corvette.

Both Lynch AND Jeremy Lane stopped their cars and went over to Jackson to make sure he was alright. Seahawk Security then arrived and transported Jackson back to the VMAC and checked him out at which time the police was also called.

A fan riding his motorcycle down Lake Washington Blvd came across the accident scene and recognized Marshawn and took a picture with his phone. He captured three Seahawks, Jackson, Lane, and Lynch standing together looking at Jackson's damaged car and the knocked down Stop Sign.

So far, there has been NO CREDIBLE report that it was anything other than Jackson driving his new Corvette faster than he should have. I mean, who wouldn't want to put your foot down on the peddle when driving a brand new Corvette sports car??? Lynch drives a SUV, why would anyone driving a SUV try to race a sports car? It doesn't make sense.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:33 pm

THX-1138 wrote:I wouldn't say the best. More like the most typical since it ended in a crash.

Yea, you're right. Everything was going along just fine at first. It wasn't until the last quarter that he crashed.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:47 pm

Seahawks4Ever wrote:I live here in Seattle. TMZ doesn't know what it is talking about, what they reported was a RUMOR that Jackson was racing Jackson. It didn't happen. Freddy was speeding and lost control of his brand new car, 2016 Corvette.

Both Lynch AND Jeremy Lane stopped their cars and went over to Jackson to make sure he was alright. Seahawk Security then arrived and transported Jackson back to the VMAC and checked him out at which time the police was also called.

A fan riding his motorcycle down Lake Washington Blvd came across the accident scene and recognized Marshawn and took a picture with his phone. He captured three Seahawks, Jackson, Lane, and Lynch standing together looking at Jackson's damaged car and the knocked down Stop Sign.

So far, there has been NO CREDIBLE report that it was anything other than Jackson driving his new Corvette faster than he should have. I mean, who wouldn't want to put your foot down on the peddle when driving a brand new Corvette sports car??? Lynch drives a SUV, why would anyone driving a SUV try to race a sports car? It doesn't make sense.

Agree with all that you have said - but Lynch drives a Lambo and it was Sherm in the photos and not Lane.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby Futureite » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:22 pm

Honestly, I could care less about this. I think it's hillarious how quick a couple of you pulled the ol' "Troll" card, tried to paint me as way out in left field. What I actually commented on was River's reaction, NOT the damn story. A-Typical example of what several of you do anytime you disagree. Look at the post I responded to for Christ sake. And it was light hearted.

It takes all of about 2 minutes of Google search to find "Marshawn Lynch involved in fight in San Francisco"..."Marshawn Lynch arrested after weaving in and out of HWY 880"...."Marshawn Lynch arrested with guns". Do I give 2 shits? NO. The point was, many of you - and yes River, you were at the forefront - were just floored that Aldon Smith was not thrown in jail for yrs to "protect the public" for doing the same damn things Lynch had done. And yet even when most here thought this latest Lynch story to be true, not even a slight bit of concern is displayed. It was funny. Ironic. Amusing. Nothing more. I expected that reaction. Who is being sensitive again? Maybe try not to take your region and players so seriously.

I used to drive the 880 every day. Had a gun pulled out right in front of me in Oakland. Frequented SF bars. If anyone should be concerned about Marshawn Lynch OR Aldon Smith, it'd be me. But like I continually posted and was called out for, I don't care. I'm not threatened; by either of them. In fact, I kinda like them both.

LOL and there's no need for me to apologize later for this post. Maybe this time a couple of you can apologize to me.
Futureite
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:39 pm

Honestly, I could care less about this. I think it's hillarious how quick a couple of you pulled the ol' "Troll" card, tried to paint me as way out in left field.

LOL. Er, you pulled the old "Yeah, Jackson crashed his car, so he's pretty much the same as our drunk deviant fck-up" card.

What were you expecting??

Maybe this time a couple of you can apologize to me.

Um, you apologize for buying TMZ's bullshit hook, line, and sinker, then we'll apologize for ridiculing you for doing so.

Deal, Captain Eye Test™?
burrrton
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:27 am

Futureite wrote: What I actually commented on was River's reaction, NOT the damn story.

Future;

Did you even read my response? I was simply joking around about the 'boys will be boys' comment. Heck, I've continued to make light of it by noting what a great drive it was, how like the team he crashed in the last quarter, and so on.

I really think you're upset with me about Aldon Smith because I was right about him and you were wrong, and you're too damn embarrassed to admit it. You kept making excuses for Smith even as he kept appearing in the headlines until your own team had to throw in the towel on him, and now you're attempting to use this incident to show some sort of hypocrisy exists because I haven't come out and demanded that a Seahawk, ie Lynch, who wasn't even involved in this latest incident, to be treated the same way as I advocated treating a 49'er. I've already said on multiple occasions that Lynch isn't some choir boy, but comparing him to what Aldon Smith has admitted to or been found guilty of doing is ludicrous.

If you are really searching for a "gotcha" on me, you need to forget about Lynch and start looking towards the Derrick Coleman story. What he is accused of is much more serious and Smith-like than what either Jackson or the Lynch of 3 years past did, causing a wreck and a serious injury to another person then leaving that injured person behind. Wait and see how I react with him if you're looking to even the score.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:05 pm

Obviously I meant "Lynch racing Jackson". Anyway, KIRO said that the initial players that stopped to check on Jackson was Lynch and Lane. Then Richard Sherman stopped. I got the impression that Lane was riding with Lynch. I don't know why Lane isn't in the picture, maybe he was camera shy LOL. Anyway, Jackson was given a 175$ ticket.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:26 am

Seahawks4Ever wrote:Obviously I meant "Lynch racing Jackson". Anyway, KIRO said that the initial players that stopped to check on Jackson was Lynch and Lane. Then Richard Sherman stopped. I got the impression that Lane was riding with Lynch. I don't know why Lane isn't in the picture, maybe he was camera shy LOL. Anyway, Jackson was given a 175$ ticket.

I imagine he has to pay for any damages to public property, ie the stop sign, which probably costs as much to replace as the ticket.
RiverDog
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum