I'm just gonna put this right here.

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

I'm just gonna put this right here.

Postby kalibane » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:25 pm

http://espn.go.com/blog/seattle-seahawk ... h-his-401k

Totally the same kind of guy as Aldon Smith.
kalibane
Legacy

Re: I'm just gonna put this right here.

Postby EmeraldBullet » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:49 pm

Beatsmode is quite the interesting character. A lot more to that guy than most would realize just from watching games.
EmeraldBullet
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:44 am

I've read a number of stories where former teammates have said he's a really good guy to have around and not just on the field.
This would be another example of leadership and value that we don't normally hear about from a veteran to a younger player.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:52 am

Man, it's really ironic how so many organizations don't counsel their new employees about 401K's and retirement savings. That's all stuff that should have been done by someone on the Hawk's office staff if not taught in college or high school as a required course. It astounds me how many well educated people don't have a clue when it comes to retirement savings, and with companies opting out of defined benefit plans, individuals are going to have to do more of their own such planning themselves.

I could go on and on, but I realize it's way off topic, so I'll leave it by saying good on Beast that he understands good financial planning himself and is generous enough to share his knowledge with the younger guys.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Futureite » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:46 am

Hahaha! Kalibane, cmon. There are some deviations from the general rule in everything in life. By and large people are a mixed bag of "good" and "bad". That was my point with Aldon. Seemed like a decent guy with some issues. As is Marshawn. I could post endless links for people who are not even employed by our team that vouched for Aldon. In fact, almost everyone from media to teammates seemed to really like him.

To me, it's just a fact that Seattle in general is a very provincial, territorial area with an "us" V "them" mentality. This is obviously have some affect on your base's view of each guy. Bear in mind, I lived in WA for 9 yrs and have visited Seattle min of 40 times since I left. So I have some basis to form my opinion. People are ultra polilte up there, overwhelmingly white, a bit socially repressed, and the social norms are such that anyone who steps outside of them is a "thug". This is why you see the black folks who are into the hip hop culture more emboldened and not afraid to yell at people in the U-District. The definition of "thug" is far more conservative down here, because we have REAL thugs to deal with.

Now, a couple people are going to say I've gone off on a tangent, I have issues, etc, but my opinion is grounded in experience and logic. The same theory applies to Aldon. In reality, Marshawn's and Aldon's missteps are very similar. In both cases luckily, no one has been hurt. But the Seattle provincial pride kicks in and one guy is characterized as a dangerous thug, while the other hometown guy is a lovable Skittle chomper who says cute things at the podium.
Futureite
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:04 am

And Pop Warner and NFL teams have the same thing in common, too.
It's a matter of degrees with the two players transgressions.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:14 am

Futureite wrote:Hahaha! Kalibane, cmon. There are some deviations from the general rule in everything in life. By and large people are a mixed bag of "good" and "bad". That was my point with Aldon. Seemed like a decent guy with some issues. As is Marshawn. I could post endless links for people who are not even employed by our team that vouched for Aldon. In fact, almost everyone from media to teammates seemed to really like him.

To me, it's just a fact that Seattle in general is a very provincial, territorial area with an "us" V "them" mentality. This is obviously have some affect on your base's view of each guy. Bear in mind, I lived in WA for 9 yrs and have visited Seattle min of 40 times since I left. So I have some basis to form my opinion. People are ultra polilte up there, overwhelmingly white, a bit socially repressed, and the social norms are such that anyone who steps outside of them is a "thug". This is why you see the black folks who are into the hip hop culture more emboldened and not afraid to yell at people in the U-District. The definition of "thug" is far more conservative down here, because we have REAL thugs to deal with.

Now, a couple people are going to say I've gone off on a tangent, I have issues, etc, but my opinion is grounded in experience and logic. The same theory applies to Aldon. In reality, Marshawn's and Aldon's missteps are very similar. In both cases luckily, no one has been hurt. But the Seattle provincial pride kicks in and one guy is characterized as a dangerous thug, while the other hometown guy is a lovable Skittle chomper who says cute things at the podium.

Missteps? Is that plural? If so, then it only applies to AS as Lynch has only had an Aldon-like event just once. Lynch hasn't had any issues AT ALL for over 3 years, so it would seem that he's learned from his mistake (singular) whereas Aldon, despite given numerous breaks and second chances, continues to phuck up. THAT'S the difference between the two personalities that you seem so hell bent to compare.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:53 am

To me, it's just a fact that Seattle in general is a very provincial, territorial area with an "us" V "them" mentality. This is obviously have some affect on your base's view of each guy.

Know what else has a strong effect on our views? The fact that the player gets in very little trouble and is an upstanding member of both the team and the community.

Bizarre, I know.

I have issues, etc, but my opinion is grounded in experience and logic.

And Eye Tests™, right?
burrrton
Legacy

Postby EmeraldBullet » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:07 pm

Futureite wrote: The definition of "thug" is far more conservative down here, because we have REAL thugs to deal with.

Easy to say from the safety behind your computer screen. Come say that to my face. Futureite, you not only attempted to disrespect where I am from, but also succeeded in being very racist with your underlying assumptions.

Futureite wrote:Now, a couple people are going to say I've gone off on a tangent, I have issues, etc, but my opinion is grounded in experience and logic.

I am curious, what are your personal experiences with Aldon Smith and Marshawn Lynch that you claim your opinion is based off of? My guess is that you probably have never met either one on a personal level.
EmeraldBullet
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:39 pm

I'm sure there were people that would say what a great guy Hitler was as well at the time, doesn't mean he is the same as JFK man.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Futureite » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:17 am

Emeraldbullet;

Thanks for proving my point. Go prove to someone else up there you are a "real" thug. You have a new opportunity every day.
Futureite
Legacy

Postby EmeraldBullet » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:34 am

@Futureite

You are a racist $#!T. It goes against my morals but I really want to DOX your @$$.
EmeraldBullet
Legacy

Postby Futureite » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:37 am

EmeraldBullet wrote:@Futureite

You are a racist $#!T. It goes against my morals but I really want to DOX your @$$.

Listen, I grew up in low income areas. My middle school was 25% white. I started my career in Oakland. And ironically, I just witnessed a racial profiling incident by two cops last night and I nearly stepped in to defend the black man. Would you have, tough guy?

My point extends not only to the "thug" culture up there, but to the white kids who wear 5 piercings and dye hair blue. Sorry, but Seattle is 75% white, it's a very polite, passive agressive culture, where people drive 60 mph on the freeway and refuse to jaywalk. There's no shame in living in a safe, polite city. But that culture DOES embolden the hip hop folks, the alt kids, etc.

Last time I was up there, one of the nice people that supposedly does not exist up there yelled to me and my GF "Look at that white boy girl booty, that white boy ..." etc. You think people do that here?? Someone is gonna punch you in the damn face if you run your mouth like that here, especially bringing race into the issue. He's lucky I didn't. And I am 6 ft 220 and you'd not do a thing to me but regret you ever walked up to me.

You are funny, "DOX", talking tough. Try it in the street my friend. You're no "harder" than anyone else. I have no desire to fight you. Find someone else.
Futureite
Legacy

Postby EmeraldBullet » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:56 am

Futureite wrote:
Listen, I grew up in low income areas. My middle school was 25% white. I started my career in Oakland. And ironically, I just witnessed a racial profiling incident by two cops last night and I nearly stepped in to defend the black man. Would you have, tough guy?

My point extends not only to the "thug" culture up there, but to the white kids who wear 5 piercings and dye hair blue. Sorry, but Seattle is 75% white, it's a very polite, passive agressive culture, where people drive 60 mph on the freeway and refuse to jaywalk. There's no shame in living in a safe, polite city. But that culture DOES embolden the hip hop folks, the alt kids, etc.

Last time I was up there, one of the nice people that supposedly does not exist up there yelled to me and my GF "Look at that white boy girl booty, that white boy ..." etc. You think people do that here?? Someone is gonna punch you in the damn face if you run your mouth like that here, especially bringing race into the issue. He's lucky I didn't. And I am 6 ft 220 and you'd not do a thing to me but regret you ever walked up to me.

You are funny, "DOX", talking tough. Try it in the street my friend. You're no "harder" than anyone else. I have no desire to fight you. Find someone else.

Congrats on ALMOST stepping in when the cops were profiling...you almost aren't racist I suppose...

Hey Yonder, is it allowed for me to post Futureite's personal info on here to prove a point? I am really against doxing people but this guy is really pushing my buttons. That said, I don't want to get banned form this forum (it is filled with intelligent people who make valid points and post interesting topics. If I have to deal with one racist troll so be it).
EmeraldBullet
Legacy

Postby yoder » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:35 am

Posting anyone's personal info will definitely get your banned, if not worse (depending on what the other decides to do). Will the two of you please tone it down, and stop it with the threats. Seriously, this is a SEAHAWKS forum, remember? Take it somewhere else.
yoder
Site Admin

Postby makena » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:50 am

YO>>>
OK!!!
"TONE IT DOWN!.

I've had the pleasure of reading this post, talking to Yoder, and reveling in the fact that we believe this is a Seahawk fan forum. We appreciate all feedback and take everything seriously.
With regards to a recent and I must say a serious comment regarding our policy and the law, our forum is not responsible for slander but we can exercise the option of preventing members posting off spirited topics and banning members that do promote it. We are a tight nit family, and we appreciate each and every one of you for promoting and maintaining that spirit of our forum.

Regards,

Makena/ShackMod
makena
Legacy

Postby ShackMod » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:08 am

YO>>>
OK!!!
"TONE IT DOWN!.

I've had the pleasure of reading this post, talking to Yoder, and reveling in the fact that we believe this is a Seahawk fan forum. We appreciate all feedback and take everything seriously.
With regards to a recent and I must say a serious comment regarding our policy and the law, our forum is not responsible for slander but we can exercise the option of preventing members posting off spirited topics and banning members that do promote it. We are a tight nit family, and we appreciate each and every one of you for promoting and maintaining that spirit of our forum.

Regards,

Makena/ShackMod
ShackMod
Site Admin

Return to Seahawks Forum